Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump for a new vpinmame compile!

While it is fun to mess around with the roms, do we really need a new compile every time there is an update from Stern?  Maybe just when there are actual changes to the code?

Actually yes we do. If you want to test the new features of XMEN and METALLICA you do. The current build doesn't work with them.

While it is fun to mess around with the roms, do we really need a new compile every time there is an update from Stern?  Maybe just when there are actual changes to the code?

you need a copy of visual studio, a DX7 SDK and NASM..

then some svn client (like tortoisesvn) to checkout vpinmame to your machine..

if all of that already sounds strange to you, then it won't be fun for you trying to fiddle with it or even compile it.. ;(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Thanks Snotz for the update. I am not sure if you received my PM a few weeks back but there is something going on with your compile of the SAM pinmame dll. When you use the sam pinmame dll it causes the table to crash upon exit of the table. So to be clear. table works and plays fine but when you exit it vp crashes which causes problems when launching multiple tables for Hyperpin.. Its not exclusive to SAM tables. It happends on Windows XP and when B2s is enabled. Since all I use is b2s this is a problem. Right now I am running the standard pinmame.dll from the pindmd site as it doesn't crash.

It has something to do with stopping the controller at exit.  You can try the latest version of Big Bang Bar as a test. It happens on about 40% of the tables out there. You can fix it by added that line in the script of the table but that's a PITA. Can you please help us look into this?

It can be fixed by inserting this at the end of the script

Sub Table1_exit()

Controller.Stop

End sub

Archived