Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Player1,

Do you still have the dll where ij4 and csi are working? I would like to have a look at it

What is the exact behaviour with these two tables? Is there an error message?

I am preparing new builds of vpinmame with latest version of pinmame and sam.c, this is new for me, so nothing spectacular for the moment but i can have a look

I will share them if i am satisfied with them

• Content Provider

After one week of discovering and learning code of Vpinmame.dll, here are my updates of Vpinmame.dll

VPinMAMErev3480SAMwithoutpindmd.rar

VPinMAMErev3480SAMpindmd2.rar

For the version i took the latest build of vpinmame, enabled SAM code, remove the things to make a cabinet version, added the latest SAM roms such as xmen 130 LE and not LE, xmen130h and star trek 1.20, finally found the trick to make metallica 1.22  LE and not LE and running :)

For the pindmd2, I received the code of Russdx, integrated the latest changes of the latest build of vpinmame, enabled SAM and the latest roms as above.

I don't have all the code for building a pindmd1 version, sorry.

IJ4, CSI and the LE functionalities still don't work, i won't be able to fix, however I managed to get rid of the vp crash, or slowness issue for SAM at exit of HP ;)

I always reinstalled them via the setup.exe of vpinball, it is maybe not necessary but it doesn't harm to do it.

This is quite new for me so if you find something weird, you know where i am ;)

@ dboyrecords

the last vpinMAME.dll posted by arngrim  VPinMAMErev3480SAMwithoutpindmd.rar solved my problem of DMD localisation (2 screens setup, win xp sp3, DMD won't stay in place after the change of the basic cab dll with the Sam compatible one)

hope it will work for you

cheers

@communauty

thanks for the hard work, wish i could do the same

• Content Provider

it is already there, and should work 

CORE_GAMEDEFNV(scarn9nj, "Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption (V0.9) (New Jersey)", 2006, "Stern", sam, 0)
CORE_CLONEDEFNV(scarn103, scarn9nj, "Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption (V1.03)", 2006, "Stern", sam, 0)
CORE_CLONEDEFNV(scarn, scarn9nj, "Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption (V1.05)", 2006, "Stern", sam, 0)

it is already there, and should work 

CORE_GAMEDEFNV(scarn9nj, "Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption (V0.9) (New Jersey)", 2006, "Stern", sam, 0)
CORE_CLONEDEFNV(scarn103, scarn9nj, "Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption (V1.03)", 2006, "Stern", sam, 0)
CORE_CLONEDEFNV(scarn, scarn9nj, "Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption (V1.05)", 2006, "Stern", sam, 0)

Ah!  I was looking under "The" Simpsons  :P   Ty sir.  Got it working

Wow. Wow... I have a Stern Pins.. LOTR>SM .. And cannot wait to be able to play the others on my Spongy Pincab....

Can someone give me a screenshot of the rom page....  And what we should be looking for. ??  ROMS>

We are not to pc savy... So used to the usual setup... Add table. Add rom... BG.. etc..To the right folders.. 

Have to figure out the Stern rom addition and how to place ..And add the Sam System files...  THX> Hoping to get it all working soon.. 

THX>

• Administrators

Wow. Wow... I have a Stern Pins.. LOTR>SM .. And cannot wait to be able to play the others on my Spongy Pincab....

Can someone give me a screenshot of the rom page....  And what we should be looking for. ??  ROMS>

We are not to pc savy... So used to the usual setup... Add table. Add rom... BG.. etc..To the right folders.. 

Have to figure out the Stern rom addition and how to place ..And add the Sam System files...  THX> Hoping to get it all working soon.. 

THX>

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/828-stern-roms/

• Content Provider

@ dboyrecords

the last vpinMAME.dll posted by arngrim  VPinMAMErev3480SAMwithoutpindmd.rar solved my problem of DMD localisation (2 screens setup, win xp sp3, DMD won't stay in place after the change of the basic cab dll with the Sam compatible one)

hope it will work for you

cheers

@communauty

thanks for the hard work, wish i could do the same

I gave this version a try and have the same issue as dboyrecords and Frankenstein. DMD location will not stay in place after relocating. I go back to the old dll and things are fine. I have a 2 screen setup running Win7 64. The BG screen is a 28" 16:10 mounted in portrait. For install, I copied the DLL over and unblocked and ran setup and clicked install. The SAM tables work great. However, it just moves the DMD from the saved location on a restart. Is anyone else running into this issue or did I miss something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Content Provider

dboyrecords will do some tests to try to resolve his issue, but it is an exception, i know only 2 users, including you that has problems, i have win7 x64 too and no issue.

FOR PINDMD1 USERS

give it a try with this version, i found some code of pindmd1 in russ code, i compiled it but i can't test it myself, don't know if it will work :)

testpindmd1.rar

let me know

Archived