Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Does it utilize the code the colordmd.com guys put out, or just give someone the ability to color a DMD similar to what the colordmd.com guys do?

If it uses the same code, this could be a bad thing, as those are still in production.

• Administrators

No, it's not the ColorDMD code.  Looks like he just tweaked the color settings in VPM that will allow us to set/change the different color levels.

This is bad ass...

068a63a766307ac6c26eed18f847e960.png

instruct.png

• Content Provider

Gotcha.

That's pretty cool.  Would be nice if we could come up with something similar to what the color dmd guys are doing.  Allow us to color roms frame by frame.  Would be a lot of work, but the tables I've seen the real colordmds on look outstanding.

• Content Provider

Dazz,  

Nice!  I tried out the new vPinMAME also, but I was modifying the red, green, blue values, so maybe let the User enter data in either hue/sat/lum or r/g/b values.

Also if you added a rom_name field, you could have a button to autogenerate a reg file.  Double click to install

Example for totan using red,green,blue and black for the colors.  Probably looks bad but you get the idea :)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\totan_14]
"dmd_colorize"=dword:00000001
"dmd_red"=dword:000000ff
"dmd_green"=dword:00000000
"dmd_blue"=dword:00000000
"dmd_red66"=dword:00000000
"dmd_green66"=dword:00000000
"dmd_blue66"=dword:000000ff
"dmd_red33"=dword:00000000
"dmd_green33"=dword:000000ff
"dmd_blue33"=dword:00000000
"dmd_red0"=dword:00000000
"dmd_green0"=dword:00000000
"dmd_blue0"=dword:00000000

• Content Provider

Thanks!

For the completist, there does appear to be a more recent ROM at the Stern site for Simpson's Kooky Carnival Redemption - v2.00 versus the latest supported version, V1.05. Guess it is good idea to check back on Stern's game code library while they are rebuilding that section of their website.

Also, a bit of clean-up may be required with error checking on some of the older SAM roms that I downloaded in the earlier form of Stern's game code library. I made no modifications. If I ignore the error and proceed with testing via VpinMAME setup they appear to play fine:

World Poker Tour (v14.00) (English, Spanish) bad checksum error

looking for 0x2F06204B

actual is 0x2F03204B 

Spider-Man (V2.1) (English, French) Length mismatch error

looking for 26980828

actual is 26390880

Spider-Man (V2.1) (English, Italian) Length mismatch error

looking for 26980828

actual is 26463356

Spider-Man (V2.1) (English, Spanish) Length mismatch error

looking for 26980828

actual is 26893660

Spider-Man (V2.1) (German, French) Length mismatch error

looking for 26980828

actual is 26483716

I also have a couple of ROMS for Tron Legacy Pro and Avatar Pro that were developed for machines built with a different CPU part. Neither of these sets are currently supported. Maybe this particular CPU is not emulated? In any case, I can pass them along. Neither of these have any ruleset changes that are different from versions that are currently supported. So there is no new functionality here.

• Content Provider

is there a thread that tells you what colors to set with the games dmd so they all match the games style?

not yet, but maybe we should start one? Everyone can contribute, it might help if Dazz creates a DB as he mentioned previously

that thing is stupid peeps are always changing the values really need a page for everything. also some of the tables colors are way wrong for instance for dracula i changed the 100% to Red 255 the rest 0 and it looks much much better

Archived