New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

@lucky1, yes I am on the latest release of vpinmame 3.6 603. And testing thru setup.exe. I start a game and then stop it will cause it to force close. I have tried pin2dmd= native, and also true both cause this issue.

What log can I provide. I even backup my dmddevice.ini and tried the one in the zip only changing on the pin2dmd enable portion.

Upon stopping the rom I noticed the virtual dmd does not close until the whole thing force close . I know @outherehas a pin2dmd maybe you can try lucky1 dll. And let me know the outcome. 

6 hours ago, puerto said:

Hi, I'm very happy to finally have color for the game that we can't speak of.  I've transferred the necessary files from the x86 package to the VPinSPA folder and that did the trick with the pac file that I use.

I do have one issue though when I try to exit the game .. It just hangs for 30 seconds before closing. I never had that problem before, and I've traced it to the dmddevice.dll file. Has anyone encountered the same issue, or even better has a fix for that ? 

I've tested it with VPinSPA only and get the same result .. hangs for 30 seconds then it closes.

I did the same test with Vpimame after putting the necessary files in that folder and got the same result  .. hangs for 30 seconds before closing , so the issue is not due to VpinSPA either.

I had a similar problem that developed after updating some of my virtual pinball software components.  Not the table you are referring to, but the majority of my tables with DMD.  Updating the dmddevice.ini file with the latest version solved that problem for me.  Replace the file, and update to include the pertinent data from your current file. 

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, naeromagus said:

@lucky1, yes I am on the latest release of vpinmame 3.6 603. And testing thru setup.exe. I start a game and then stop it will cause it to force close. I have tried pin2dmd= native, and also true both cause this issue.

What log can I provide. I even backup my dmddevice.ini and tried the one in the zip only changing on the pin2dmd enable portion.

Upon stopping the rom I noticed the virtual dmd does not close until the whole thing force close . I know @outherehas a pin2dmd maybe you can try lucky1 dll. And let me know the outcome. 

I just tested with the latest release 3.6 573 from github in x64 and x86 and my dmddevice.dll from the link in the first post. No issue with stopping a ROM.

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases/download/v3.6-573-5d6459d/VPinMAME-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x64.zip

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases/download/v3.6-573-5d6459d/VPinMAME-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x86.zip

Maybe you could also verify if that works.

• Administrators
On 8/27/2023 at 7:30 AM, lucky1 said:

Sorry, this has been fixed. Was a setting that I overlooked.

10 hours ago, pbplay4 said:

I had a similar problem that developed after updating some of my virtual pinball software components.  Not the table you are referring to, but the majority of my tables with DMD.  Updating the dmddevice.ini file with the latest version solved that problem for me.  Replace the file, and update to include the pertinent data from your current file. 

Thanks for the info, but sadly I had already tested it with the included dmddevice.ini file that was in the x86 package.  I am on version 3.5 though and saw that Lucky1 tested it with version 3.6 573 and it works for him .. I'll give it a shot and will report back.

I updated Vpinmame to version 3.6 573 and now the playfield and backglass do close on exit , but the DMD still hangs for 30 seconds.

I also tried VpinSPA and noticed no difference than with 3.5 .. the whole table hangs for 30 seconds on exit.

I did notice another issue for the game that uses VpinSPA., if I use it with the pup pack , then the pup pack never closes after exiting the game and a reboot is necessary.

22 hours ago, naeromagus said:

@naeromagus  As soon as I have time. I will Upgrade to v 4.51 and test

On 9/13/2023 at 11:50 PM, puerto said:

Hi, I'm very happy to finally have color for the game that we can't speak of.  I've transferred the necessary files from the x86 package to the VPinSPA folder and that did the trick with the pac file that I use.

I do have one issue though when I try to exit the game .. It just hangs for 30 seconds before closing. I never had that problem before, and I've traced it to the dmddevice.dll file. Has anyone encountered the same issue, or even better has a fix for that ? 

I've tested it with VPinSPA only and get the same result .. hangs for 30 seconds then it closes.

I did the same test with Vpimame after putting the necessary files in that folder and got the same result  .. hangs for 30 seconds before closing , so the issue is not due to VpinSPA either.

I have the same issue with some tables (attack from mars for examples) -> no log, it just fail to load. i think its a registry issue; some have some not (i didnt upgrade anything in VpinSPA and Gb works in 32 and 64 bits)

On 9/13/2023 at 5:02 PM, naeromagus said:

I updated to v4.52
Using VPinMAME 3.6 606
Using lucky1 Files from First post
All appears to be working fine

On 9/14/2023 at 3:53 PM, puerto said:

I updated Vpinmame to version 3.6 573 and now the playfield and backglass do close on exit , but the DMD still hangs for 30 seconds.

I also tried VpinSPA and noticed no difference than with 3.5 .. the whole table hangs for 30 seconds on exit.

I did notice another issue for the game that uses VpinSPA., if I use it with the pup pack , then the pup pack never closes after exiting the game and a reboot is necessary.

Make sure use all of Luky1's files not just the dll's and delete the old color files that might still be in the folder that he don't use anymore.

I have tested all color files on 32bit, 64bit, 10.7, 10.8 with no issues.. no hang ups or crashes.  pac, crz, vin, pal, etc...

Now this is on a LCD screen so if it's just real dmd related i'm not sure.

Edited by LoadedWeapon

I am also suffering from a 30s hang on exit.  The log shows that the request to close has started, then about n 35 seconds later the four renderers are stopped.

The problem is caused by DmdDevice64.dll.  If I swap it for the one from Freezy, everything closes instantly as expected.  The hang happens whether I launch in VPX, or use the vPinMame Test function.  This is with vPinMame 3.6

On 9/15/2023 at 7:34 PM, LoadedWeapon said:

Make sure use all of Luky1's files not just the dll's and delete the old color files that might still be in the folder that he don't use anymore.

I have tested all color files on 32bit, 64bit, 10.7, 10.8 with no issues.. no hang ups or crashes.  pac, crz, vin, pal, etc...

Thanks, I'll give it another shot to re-confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's what I already did. I'm also using this with an LCD.

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, Sakurarozu said:

I have freezy latest and .dll files from lucky1 just like way of the wrench video says to do. 

You need both dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll from the links in the first post to make it work.

Don´t mix with latest or any other freezy . It is buggy.

41237B93-28E6-4A96-9A66-60FFEA050B37.thumb.png.b03eb634c94ad339c563f5a573f8337f.pngHello,

Has Mario bros been fixed? I have this flickering also scared stiff lost Credit insert  screen just black only starts up when you start the game. Otherwise everything else works great thanks for all your work.

808F5C3A-0221-4607-86CA-65591D3820D3.png

Edited by Ericg384

15 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You need both dmddevice.dll and pin2color.dll from the links in the first post to make it work.

Don´t mix with latest or any other freezy . It is buggy.

Thank you for this. Any reason from switching from freezy some pup events aren't showing on terminator 2 pup? 

Pup capture is bad? 

Edited by Sakurarozu

On 9/15/2023 at 7:34 PM, LoadedWeapon said:

So, from a clean vpinmame  (version 3.6 573) I added the files from the x86 package from the first post. I redid the tests and there is no difference .. it still hangs for 30 seconds before closing when trying from VPX or from VpinMAME. When i use it from Pinup Popper, it closes within 3 seconds because I modified the close script for less time before closing, but there is a sound glitch before it gets closed. That's the best that I could get with that setup. 

The good part is that all color files work (vni, pal, pac, crz, etc..), but they were already working before I tried with the clean vpinmame 3.6.573.

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, puerto said:

So, from a clean vpinmame  (version 3.6 573) I added the files from the x86 package from the first post. I redid the tests and there is no difference .. it still hangs for 30 seconds before closing when trying from VPX or from VpinMAME. When i use it from Pinup Popper, it closes within 3 seconds because I modified the close script for less time before closing, but there is a sound glitch before it gets closed. That's the best that I could get with that setup. 

The good part is that all color files work (vni, pal, pac, crz, etc..), but they were already working before I tried with the clean vpinmame 3.6.573.

Is skipanalytics = true ?

Does it work if you run vpinmame setup.exe as administrator ?

Edited by lucky1

15 hours ago, Ericg384 said:

Is Mario bros and scared stiff working fine for everyone else I’m trying to find out if this is something I’m doing wrong or just a problem in general how hard is this question to get an answer???

i tried putting last lucky and all serum dll, vcredistrib64 and last freezy and hanging are coming again when leaving a table...

scared stiff runs but not mario

On 9/20/2023 at 5:06 AM, Oldschool4 said:

I updated to v4.52
Using VPinMAME 3.6 606
Using lucky1 Files from First post
All appears to be working fine

Ive have this exact same setup and hangs on closing, all colour files working,when i swap out the dlls for March dlls, closes straight away ??

SOLVED-Added this  ( ; if set, don't send anonymous usage statistics
skipanalytics = true)    to my dmdevice ini . not sure if that was it but Also  swapped out dmdext32  for dmdext64 in pinmame folder, tables close instantly, Mario bros and scared stiff working fine also.👌