New version: dmd-extensions with pin2dmd coloring plugin and pac file support !

lucky1

11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

It is built for the latest version dated 27.08 and I just successfully tested it in 64 and 32 bit.

Please try again

again. Colorization fine, pups do not trigger on pupcapture. This is the topmost contents of the puplog.txt;

20231008 12:41:27 Open called
20231008 12:41:27 Set Game Name thread afm_113b
20231008 12:41:27 Start Thread Matching
20231008 12:41:27 create PuPCap
20231008 12:41:27 Init Game name:afm_113b
20231008 12:41:27 Create Object Display
20231008 12:41:27 imagedir:E:\PinUpSystem\PuPVideos\afm_113b\PuPCapture
20231008 12:41:27 num images 97
20231008 12:41:38 ERROR sending b2sdata
20231008 12:41:38 ****Exception class name = EOleException
20231008 12:41:38 ****Exception message = The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread

DmdDevice.log

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

@Cliffy I updated the DLLs in the link in the first post. Please test

Tested .pac with pups, pal/vni with pups, cRZ alpha (diner, bugs bunny), cRZ champion pub, tron legacy (pup).

Colors good and all pups triggered.  Tested with vpx 10.7.4 x86 and x64 and vpx 10.8 r1544 x86 and x64.

Thanks @lucky1. Good job!

4 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Tested .pac with pups, pal/vni with pups, cRZ alpha (diner, bugs bunny), cRZ champion pub, tron legacy (pup).

Colors good and all pups triggered.  Tested with vpx 10.7.4 x86 and x64 and vpx 10.8 r1544 x86 and x64.

Thanks @lucky1. Good job!

Everything worked for me except Champion pub and Tron Legacy     😭

24 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

dont forget when using lucky's dll's you need to rename or delete and serum dll's in the vpinmame folder

That was the 1st thing I did with the serum .dll’s

i just double checked to make sure that they are all gone.

I was getting my hopes up this would work.  ☹️

3 minutes ago, Redwings13 said:

That was the 1st thing I did with the serum .dll’s

i just double checked to make sure that they are all gone.

I was getting my hopes up this would work.  ☹️

sorry to hear. they're working great for me. could be a problem in your dmddevice.ini. I'd back that one up and try with a clean one

16 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

sorry to hear. they're working great for me. could be a problem in your dmddevice.ini. I'd back that one up and try with a clean one

I even looked in my .ini folder. I’m not exactly sure what could be wrong in that. And that .ini is only about two weeks old.

9 minutes ago, Redwings13 said:

I even looked in my .ini folder. I’m not exactly sure what could be wrong in that. And that .ini is only about two weeks old.

do you have the paths to the pin2color dll's set in the ini? Mine below;

plugin.0.path = E:\vpinball\vpinmame\pin2color.dll
plugin.0.path64 = E:\vpinball\vpinmame\pin2color64.dll
plugin.0.passthrough = false

36 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

do you have the paths to the pin2color dll's set in the ini? Mine below;

It looks just like yours, except I’m using c drive and looks like you’re using E drive

Hi,

I´ve got some troubles too atm.

With lucky1´s .dll´s the .pac files load and show in color. But the DMD is lagging a lot and when closing the table it takes around 30 seconds as others already have reported.

When changing to the freezy´s dmddevice.dll´s (V 2.2.1) everything runs (and closes) fine with the .pal but of course no color in .pac..    

If I download the files from front page the .ini files come without these paths (both x86 and x64):

so I will maually add them and go for another try.

(I also have some troubles installing the latest visual c++ X64. On half way the Setup interrupted because of a file/path is not found.

The X86 setup worked. It was late yesterday/today so I´ll run another try later)    

• Content Provider
33 minutes ago, davis said:

With lucky1´s .dll´s the .pac files load and show in color. But the DMD is lagging a lot and when closing the table it takes around 30 seconds as others already have reported.

Set skipanalytics = true like in my sample dmddevice.ini and the lag should be gone.

Hi 

Im lost ...

When we use Freezy and lucky, What dmdext must be always updated ? (luckys or Freezys)?

to have of course all colorization (crz, pac, pal etc..).

I thought we have to update Freezy one but with all your new updates im sorry to be lost

Do i have to comment in dmddevice.ini 

vni.key = f0ad135937ffa111c60b24d88ebb2e59 ? 

if i use luckys dll

Thanks guys

Edited by cherok

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Set skipanalytics = true like in my sample dmddevice.ini and the lag should be gone.

there´s no "skipanalytics" in my ini..

Used the one from "x64_dmd-extensions_with_pin2color_and_serum_plugin" download. 

Do I have used the wrong sample dmddevice.ini?

Are the links and files on first page up to date?

EDIT: Ok, I think you mean the .ini out of the freezy V2.2.1.

I´ll take that one. 🤐

Edited by davis
Added file

21 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Use this one

DmdDevice.ini 11.18 kB · 14 downloads

Forgot to update the dmddevice.ini. Just done

Thank you, but I think this .ini isn´t correct/acutal as well.  So I´m still using freezy´s .ini atm. 

AOS missing:

plugin.0.path = 
plugin.0.path64 = 

With "skipanalitycs: true" the delay when closing the table is solved.

But I still got a permanent lag using the .pac on the DMD (every table). 

Could the (maybe) not updated visual c++ give an impact?

Edited by davis

9 hours ago, davis said:

Thank you, but I think this .ini isn´t correct/acutal as well.  So I´m still using freezy´s .ini atm. 

AOS missing:

plugin.0.path = 
plugin.0.path64 = 

But I still got a permanent lag using the .pac on the DMD (every table). 

Could the (maybe) not updated visual c++ give an impact?

I compared it to the previous .ini files, and the only difference for me was the new   skipanalytics = true line. Nothing else was different (other than my own changes I made)

Hi i installed lucky 1 DMD but the table's slow at exiting, i confirmed it was lucky 1 DMD by reinstall original DMD.The tables run fine when install lucky 1 DMD get colours, just slow at exiting, i tried both 86 and 64 versions of lucky 1 but same slow exiting, i have vpx 10.7 and tried on vpx 10.8 cabinet.Any help would be greatfull thanks. 

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, nhill said:

Hi i installed lucky 1 DMD but the table's slow at exiting, i confirmed it was lucky 1 DMD by reinstall original DMD.The tables run fine when install lucky 1 DMD get colours, just slow at exiting, i tried both 86 and 64 versions of lucky 1 but same slow exiting, i have vpx 10.7 and tried on vpx 10.8 cabinet.Any help would be greatfull thanks. 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:32 AM, davis said:

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Thanks for the help but did'nt help, i solved the problem i used the DmdDevice.ini file that came with the lucky 1 dmd, just replaced my dmd ini file with your's..all is well after resetting dmd dimensions.

Now I think I found the/a problem that is causing the lag of the colored roms on dmd:

I need to change the aspect ratio to fit them on DMD-monitor.

My DMD is 1280x720. So it´s half filled  @ original setup.

After changin´ the aspect the pal. nearly stops.

When changing the dmddevice.ini (fill / fit / stretch) nothing´s different.

I also tested the "ignore the aspect ratio of the rendered dots when resizing
ignorear = false/true".

Am I missing something there?

EDIT: Maybe it goes hand in hand with the x64 problems on several colored DMDs @Cliffy an others allready reported?

I´ll give it another try on 32bit...

And I found this: 

Scaling

Most of the time, your DMD will match the resolution of the game, which is 128x32. There are however two cases where scaling comes into play.

The game has a different resolution than 128x32. If the resolution is higher, the frames will be scaled down, using scaling algorithm defined by the resize option (stretch, fill, and fit). If the resolution is lower, the frames will be centered on the DMD, with black borders around it.

Edited by davis

Hi all - did not wish to make a new post but I think this thread matches my issues

My desktop colour roms all working fine.  Picked up a second hand cab and updated the software (when I right click the DMD it shows the difference options for glow, metal backglass, etc, whilst the old one did not)

However many of these colourised roms do not look like my old on the desktop (indiana Jones especially) with words missing when compared to the standard rom playing side by side.

I am at a bit of a loss following the posts, do I just download and extract the x64 & x86 dmd-xtensions_with_pin2color_and_serum_plugins that were posted a couple of pages back?  Into my VPinMAME folder or the SPA one?  Both the 64 & 86?

Wanted to ask first before I mess it all up! lol