PinCabView : BigRaceUSA-FantasticJourney-Timeshock-TheWeb & WormsPinball-WorldRallyFever & SlamTilt Resurrection!

Aubrel

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, kds70 said:

A "fast" solution will be to edit the close script like this:

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "[CUSTOM1]" 4 1
taskkill /f /im "PinCabView_Launcher.exe"
taskkill /f /im "BigRaceUSA.exe"
taskkill /f /im "FantasticJourney.exe"

No: Never kill the launcher process!!

Just close the game exe but never the launcher. When the game is closed, the launcher still has some work to do before closing itself too.

By closing the launcher you will get only problems and some can't be resolved later, so by killing the Launcher you take the risk to loose your saves and in some case to have to reinstall everything to get it working again. So never do that :)

(it applies to the 3 PinCabView launchers, never kill them)

Edit: Also sometime with PinCabView the game process will be "PinCabViewCopyGame.exe" 🤣 so if you want to kill the game process add this process in the list ;)

that's again something else I should include in the readme... 🤪

• Content Provider
38 minutes ago, kds70 said:

Thanks for you reply; it worked for me the whole day but thanks. Will try and edit that 😅

In fact closing the launcher process will mostly kill the game when not used with the launcher and broke its saves. If you don't use the game alone, it shouldn't be a very big problem, but in any case you will loose your saves and configurations each time. So it's not good, don't do that, in any case the launcher will close itself as soon as the game is closed.

But yes in some cases the launcher will copy the game exe and launch the copy instead. the copy is named "PinCabViewCopyGame.exe". It's mostly for the gog versions, because the gog installers are putting admin privileges in all users mode to the exe and I can't patch its memory with such settings (nor change them) without having admin privileges too. As having admin privilege would require a user confirmation each start, a simple solution was to copy the game exe and to launch it instead (it removes the exe settings!! :D )

Thanks Aubrel for this ! its very usefull and i m pleased to play this games again but in my cab this time.

👍

Just few questions.. is it possible to apply this patch to other old gems ? i had worms playing in cab format using dgvoodoo but without backglass like yours (was playing a video instead..)

Pure pinball 2 would be cool to have on cabinet view :D

Edited by Oroborus77

On 12/14/2021 at 10:06 PM, Aubrel said:

but in any case you will loose your saves and configurations each time.

Merry christmas @Aubrel and all together.

Trying to locate where BigRaceUSA (for example) saves it´s highscores.

Could you help me in this way please?

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, kds70 said:

Merry christmas @Aubrel and all together.

Trying to locate where BigRaceUSA (for example) saves it´s highscores.

Could you help me in this way please?

Thanks, Merry Christmas too :)

when using PPCoinMod the save is put in the textures folder of the game in order to keep intact your own classic save with the credits you won earlier

:)

I´ll give up. Can´t get get PinCabView / Big Race USA oder Fantasy Journey exiting normally via CloseScript (PinUpPopper).

It closes ok; bit it never saves scores.

I was testing / working with timeouts (in close script) and something else to give ending process of launcher.exe it´s time.

Nothing works; so christmas was ending now with this issue left 😇

Greetings ...

@Aubrel are you using PinballX as frontend? btw how are you ending your launcher? just killing "BigRaceUSA.exe" for example`?

• Content Provider

If you kill the launcher (something you should never do) you will loose both saves (the original one and also the coin-mod one if used) and the ability to play the game without the launcher and your configurations,... etc.

To quit you have to close the game correctly or to kill the game process. It can be bigraceusa.exe or PinCabViewCopyGame.exe depending the exe settings applied.

I'm using PinballX yes (2 years old version) and for me the game closes itself by just opening the PinballX menu.

but I'm using PinCabKey so usually I quit using "2" (Esc) and "exit game" :)

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider
44 minutes ago, shashas said:

Hello!

The link to Mediafire does not work. It says it's private.

It is right?

I can't wait to play Pro Pinball Big Race USA in cabinet mode.

Thanks!

It should be available again :)

Enjoy

Hello!

Thanks for the quick response, but it still appears that the file is private.

It is right?

The following comes out:

This file is currently set to private.

You are currently signed in as shashas

Only the owner of this file has access. If you are the owner, please
switch accounts to access this file.

Not the owner? Please request access to this file.

Wow, that's just astonishing, however, I have questions.

- Why is the executables trigger my antivir software? I've uploaded the files to Virustotal and there are several catches.

- as soon as I alt-tab, the game exits.

- I use reWASD for mapping keyboard to gamepad. I don't know if this has anything to it, but the game sometimes just exit right away. Is there a logfile we could check why this happens?

- Can I adjust DMD position when using only one monitor? Several pixels from the top is cut off.

- Why is nudge scrolling disabled and cannot be enabled? Every time I enable it, it gets disabled.

Thank you!

Edited by vihar

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, vihar said:

Wow, that's just astonishing, however, I have questions.

- Why is the executables trigger my antivir software? I've uploaded the files to Virustotal and there are several catches.

- as soon as I alt-tab, the game exits.

- I use reWASD for mapping keyboard to gamepad. I don't know if this has anything to it, but the game sometimes just exit right away. Is there a logfile we could check why this happens?

- Can I adjust DMD position when using only one monitor? Several pixels from the top is cut off.

- Why is nudge scrolling disabled and cannot be enabled? Every time I enable it, it gets disabled.

Thank you!

Thanks for your feedback :)

- about your antivir software it's like 99,99% of their warnings/detections: a false positive...

for sure they should detect some unusual comportements (the launcher does many things in background and in memory but nothing dangerous nor malicious) and so they put a malware name of their choice on it...

- as soon as the game lost focus everything close itself. Yep sorry I did it like that to prevent some other problems.

- in single screen configuration the dmd is sized and displayed as set in the game options. and yep a few pixels are cut and you can't change it: the view is locked...

- the launcher is checking game's memory in live and yes the nudge scrolling effect is always disabled because with this setting it creates graphic glitches ...

Hope it helps :)

1 hour ago, Aubrel said:

Thanks for your feedback :)

- about your antivir software it's like 99,99% of their warnings/detections: a false positive...

for sure they should detect some unusual comportements (the launcher does many things in background and in memory but nothing dangerous nor malicious) and so they put a malware name of their choice on it...

- as soon as the game lost focus everything close itself. Yep sorry I did it like that to prevent some other problems.

- in single screen configuration the dmd is sized and displayed as set in the game options. and yep a few pixels are cut and you can't change it: the view is locked...

- the launcher is checking game's memory in live and yes the nudge scrolling effect is always disabled because with this setting it creates graphic glitches ...

Hope it helps :)

Thanks for the quick explanation, and I appreciate your work! Really nicely done!

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, shashas said:

Hello!

I tried playing ProPinball Big Race USA (GoG) in cabinet mode (2 screens) and I don't know how to set it up.

Any help?

there is usualy nothing to set. just extract the full archive in your game directory and run the launcher :)

Hello!

I did that part. I put the Pincabview files in the same directory as Pro Pinball Big Race USA, but when I run the launcher, the table is split on both monitors, the backglass is not split on one monitor, and the table on another monitor.

Is there a way to position each thing?

Thanks!

• Content Provider

1 hour ago, shashas said:

Hello!

I did that part. I put the Pincabview files in the same directory as Pro Pinball Big Race USA, but when I run the launcher, the table is split on both monitors, the backglass is not split on one monitor, and the table on another monitor.

Is there a way to position each thing?

Thanks!

it should be automated and forced by the launcher/shader... there is something wrong, something like that shouldn't happen...

Can you provide a screenshot? and your screen details (resolution) and configurations/disposition?

So far I think the only things that can break the display is when you don't have the same DPI scale on all your screens or negative position values (something you shouldn't have on a pincab because it breaks the display of many other pincab softwares too).

But there could be something else special to fix... It would be interresting to get more info :)

Hello!

This is the capture of how Pro Pinball Big Race USA looks once the launcher is executed.

The upper monitor (backglass) has a resolution of 1280x1024. It is the number 2 monitor for Windows.

The monitor for the table, has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and is the number 1 monitor for Windows and is the main monitor.

Only the Pro Pinball logo is visible on the main monitor after launching the launcher.

I make this configuration work for Visual Pinball, Future Pinball and Pinball FX2, and it works perfectly for me.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Screen_2.png

Screen_1.png

20220408_202109.jpg