PinCabView : BigRaceUSA-FantasticJourney-Timeshock-TheWeb & WormsPinball-WorldRallyFever & SlamTilt Resurrection!

Aubrel

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

My development laptop still has an optical drive. I used ImgBurn and simply burned to BIN/CUE format. The CUE file is simply a text file and it is easy to see if the rip was done correctly. There should be a number of audio tracks listed. Now I had to figure out how to mount the image on a virtual drive. DAEMON Tools gets mentioned a lot. It is commercial software. Their non-commercial version, DAEMON Tools Lite, has the reputation of adding bloatware/adware. Most other virtual drive apps do not support mixed mode images. You can install the software but you then find that you will not have background music when you play the game. I finally found a solution with ImgDrive. It is freeware and comes with portable and command line driven versions. Perfect for a cabinet w/ front end where you don't want some large program taking up resources.

I originally tried WinCDEmu as it is open source, but it does not support mixed mode images. You can install the game, but you will not have the CD audio.

I also had the game as an NRG format file from... somewhere. I got it over ten years ago, and I did recall playing it a very long time ago using DAEMON Tools to mount the image. ImgDrive will also mount NRG as mixed mode. Although the game files appear to be identical, I had an easier time with the installer with the mysterious NRG image. The Encore disc had a different installer. Maybe I didn't do something correctly. Once I did have the game installed either image could be loaded to provide the soundtrack.

If ever there is an hidden option to mount and unmount the game iso but it works only with DeamonTools Lite

(and it needs to be installed here "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\")

If it's your case just put this in PinCabView.ini "PinCabView_ADV" section :

MountISO=H:\My Game Iso Dir\mygameiso.nrg

And if you put the iso in the game directory you can just put :

MountISO=mygameiso.cue

And it should work with nearly all iso formats ;)

I use this feature for Timeshock! (the gog version doesn't work perfect), Addiction Pinball and TheWeb :)

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Aubrel said:

If ever there is an hidden option to mount and unmount the game iso but it works only with DeamonTools Lite

(and it needs to be installed here "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\")

If it's your case just put this in PinCabView.ini "PinCabView_ADV" section :

MountISO=H:\My Game Iso Dir\mygameiso.nrg

And if you put the iso in the game directory you can just put :

MountISO=mygameiso.cue

And it should work with nearly all iso formats ;)

I use this feature for Timeshock! (the gog version doesn't work perfect), Addiction Pinball and TheWeb :)

Nice feature. I missed seeing that one. Well, at least ImgDrive is another alternative that works. There is a portable version that is about 0.5Mb and the portable, command line driven version is even smaller. It will install a driver on initial launch. I don't know if it uninstalls the driver when you unmount. 

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Nice feature. I missed seeing that one. Well, at least ImgDrive is another alternative that works. There is a portable version that is about 0.5Mb and the portable, command line driven version is even smaller. It will install a driver on initial launch. I don't know if it uninstalls the driver when you unmount. 

I put this option for my own usage only, such feature can't be really added as users may have their own mounting software and virtual drives already.

And most Frontend are offering a "Run before/after" option ;)

• Content Provider

An update to my install notes:

Timeshock! - The launcher does not support the Kickstarter Edition which is as far as I know the most recent release of the original table prior to the Ultra Edition. I do have the original CD disc. I ripped it to BIN/CUE using the ancient version of Roxio Creator that came with my ancient Dell laptop. I did verify with ImgBurn. The game is an older version. Install the game, then update with the v1.07 patch prior to running the launcher. The update to v1.07 is in Aubrel's MediaFire folder. Install in that order, and the launcher worked out of the box. Again,  I used the beta shader to y-flip the DMD for display on a Pinball 2000 style cabinet. The CD version requires the image to remain mounted. 

Works great, and the older version is a different experience than the Ultra Edition. It's not redundant to install both editions IMO.

Thanks again!

• Content Provider
On 4/5/2023 at 8:00 PM, CarnyPriest said:

An update to my install notes:

Timeshock! - The launcher does not support the Kickstarter Edition which is as far as I know the most recent release of the original table prior to the Ultra Edition. I do have the original CD disc. I ripped it to BIN/CUE using the ancient version of Roxio Creator that came with my ancient Dell laptop. I did verify with ImgBurn. The game is an older version. Install the game, then update with the v1.07 patch prior to running the launcher. The update to v1.07 is in Aubrel's MediaFire folder. Install in that order, and the launcher worked out of the box. Again,  I used the beta shader to y-flip the DMD for display on a Pinball 2000 style cabinet. The CD version requires the image to remain mounted. 

Works great, and the older version is a different experience than the Ultra Edition. It's not redundant to install both editions IMO.

Thanks again!

I actually removed the ultra edition steam version from my build after setting up the pincab view version.  Ultra isn’t all that ultra if you ask me, the older version looks better and it’s much smaller install. 

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Ok we have a winner : [email protected]

And yes this fucking guy asks for money to get my work... 🤬

image.png

if you paid for it you were scammed, nothing else... 🤬

So rex-arcade.com (or pinballvirtual.es) is asking money to get my work (PinCabView Launcher, PinCabView shader, PinCabView arts,...) , and doing that they scammed you because PinCabView is free and also making money with PinCabView, dgVoodoo and ReShade is forbidden! (PinCabView uses both)

So if you paid to get that, request a full refund !!!

And never purchase anything on rex-arcade.com nor  pinballvirtual.es !

• Content Provider

Selling community products happens, we all know unfortunately...

But asking one of the most known Youtuber (Virtual Pinball Gameplay) to put videos, saying it's his own work and asking him to help to get people in contact with him to make money and to scam them... This is something I've never seen before...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me how I can install PP properly on Win 10? It worked before, but tried now and it starts, but nothing happens and I can see the exe in task manager. Installing GoG version and starting the dosbox version works (at least for TS, haven't tried the others).

PS: I don't know why and how but it started working the next day... Maybe because I've updated PinCabView to 4.3? 

Edited by vihar

• Content Provider

An update - I have all the Pro Pinball tables launching with PinballY. I wanted to have the four tables on the main wheel, so I simply added as four separate systems in the PinballY options dialog. To have a clean way for PinballY to monitor an executable and bring focus back to PinballY for each exit, I coded a simple AutoHotkey script with some time delays to allow a clean exit. It's also where I mount and unmount disc images. It's a launcher for a launcher but PinballY consistently had focus issues when I had it monitoring PinCabView_Launcher.exe.

Here is the code for LaunchProPinballTheWeb.ahk which needs to be compiled into an executable. Alternatively, this could be translated to a bat file, but I'm more familiar with AutoHotkey.

#NoEnv  
#SingleInstance force
#WinActivateForce
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
DetectHiddenWindows, On
DetectHiddenText, On

; User inputs
WaitForMenu = 15000

Run, imgdrivecmd_x64.exe -m:G "C:\Games\Pro Pinball\THE_WEB.nrg",, Hide
Sleep, 500

Run, "C:\Games\Pro Pinball\The Web\PinCabView_Launcher.exe"

Sleep, WaitForMenu

Process, WaitClose, PinCabView_Launcher.exe
Run, imgdrivecmd_x64.exe -u,, Hide
Sleep, 500

ExitApp

If are using a GOG version then you can comment out the imgdrivecmd instructions. imgdrivecmd is what I use to as a CD Drive clone but you would swap the instructions out for whatever you use. 

LaunchProPinballTheWebPinballY.png.5dbbd27809dfed7caac34e201ed406fe.png

PinballY as a default will monitor LaunchProPinballTheWeb.exe as a process and LaunchProPinballTheWeb.exe will not terminate until PinCabView_Launcher has closed down and I've unmounted the clone drive. Repeat for each table.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hi, I have Addiction Pinball as part of a larger compilation from this package from Encore Software:

https://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Madness-2/dp/B00002K13R

In other words, it is not the original CD. There is an initial Encore Software install that basically collects registration info before allowing for the game install. That install procedure appears to be the original MicroProse install procedure. The program requires the CD image to remain mounted. I have it in NRG format. I do not get a version mismatch error when using the launcher and a bg texture and DMD are displayed in the correct locations. I can hear the music and launch a game, but I don't see the playfield display at all. Just a black screen. I can enable and see the shader control screen. I can y-flip the DMD with an updated PinCabView_fx. I can launch Worms from the commandline but also no playfield screen.

I found an iso of the original CD from... somewhere. Installed but the launcher crashes. For jollies, I unmounted the iso and mounted the NRG image from above, and now both tables work completely. *shrugs.

• 1 month later...

Hello everbody,  

Congratulations for the great job done!

I would like to make PCV works on my cab, but unfortunately, I have an ERROR popup on starting BigRace USA.

I can not see the windows Popup in which maybe the ERROR is explained, because of the ProPinball Splash screen.

Any help please?

Regards!!

• Content Provider

1. Did you unblock the file you downloaded prior to unpacking?

2. You are running this for a cabinet with multiple screens? It is what this is designed for. Not so much desktop or VR.

3. Are you using supported versions of the games?

Link to official patches but I think this would be for CD-based versions:

4. You should be launching PinCabView_Launcher.exe and not the game's executable

5. Check your log? This would be ReShade.log in the PinCabView folder.

Install is pretty simple. BRUSA ran out of the box for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 9/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, ibanana said:

Hello,

I finaly found the LOG.

It seems that something is wrong, but I can not find what is wrong. Please help :)

ReShade.log 8.41 kB · 4 downloads

Sorry I can't help neither. I really don't know why it doesn't work for you...

You can try to put in ReShade.ini

[DEPTH]
DisableINTZ=1

But I'm really not sure if it will resolve your issue...

11 hours ago, GrandlHuber said:

Maybe someone can help me:

Is there a posibility for all the ProPinball tables, to get an ananloge nudge using a Pinscape controller?

Probably using Joy2Key... I don't know.

For now I don't have time to spend on these things, I have many personal problems (too much....), obligations and I'm overwhelmed.

Sorry 😔

Edited by Aubrel

• 2 months later...

Ok I'm at a loss and hoping someone can help.

I have a 4 screen setup. Playfield, backglass, full DMD and topper.

I can't get the scoring on my DMD at all. It appears on my topper. No matter how I try and configure with different numbers, positions, resolutions, I can't get this displayed on my full DMD. It's like it's skipping over it. I just have a blank screen 

I have a Buy stuff backglass. Not sure if it's 16.9. 

Does anyone know how I might be able to get this working?

Thank you 

Edited by mlevant1965

13 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Post your ini file.

Thank you, CarnyPriest. Well with just messing around with the X positioning, I finally was able to get it on the screen I needed.

I was messing around with different coordinates and finally got it there. Took a while lol.

Really appreciate the offer to help. Thank you so much!

Edited by mlevant1965

• Content Provider

Sure. You mentioned you had full DMD? If it is stretched out, you can adjust with the shader's UI. You'd want to give a 4:1 aspect ratio. It is also where you can adjust playfield POV to some degree. But the default looked good enough for me. Everything else should simply work out of the box - correct keys, max resolution, etc. Enjoy! BRUSA was my favorite from the Pro Pinball series. 

Hello Aubrel! Mind to share technical info on what your code does? I installed TS GoG version on a nwe PC, and the music was off, and I couldn't fix it, anything I tried. However, when I run it via Pincabview, it seems to work flawlessly.

Same for Brusa, audio is distorted, unless I run Pincabview...

Edited by vihar