PinCabView : BigRaceUSA-FantasticJourney-Timeshock-TheWeb & WormsPinball-WorldRallyFever & SlamTilt Resurrection!

Aubrel

• Content Provider

PinCabView 4.2 Released

- With DMD on the 3rd screen the game display will now cover your full 3rd screen even with custom DMD sizes/positions
- DMD background option added (used and displayed only with DMD on a 3rd screen with custom sizes)
"PinCabView\Textures\background_default.png" will be displayed full sized on your 3rd screen, you can update this image according to your preferences.
You can also add "background.png" files in "PinCabView\Textures\GameName\" folders to get a different DMD-Background for each game.

4.1a
- Default Frame Reflection Intensity decreased (used only with Slamtilt Resurrection 2D tables)
- Option DMD Color added (can be set in-game in Reshade's UI with "home" key)

The launcher's full sources are now included.

I hope to never see any commercial use...

Nota: Please respect my hard work, I spent more than a thousand hours working on the full PinCabView projects (Launchers, Memory patches, ReShade Shader, DosBox code patches...).

I know it's not perfect and yes it can be improved but please ask me before releasing any update/mod.

Also if you made improvements or any changes please leave the credits to all the people who contributed directly or indirectly to this project and share your code/changes ;)

A big thank you again to eMBee for the amazing work he did on the aprons! 🥰

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if someone wants to try I made a small tool to install and run all or only the games/tables you want with Pinball X :

PinCabView_Run 1.0 for PinballX frontend

Here a small tool to install and run your PinCabView/PinCabView2D/PinCabViewWFS tables in PinballX! :)

/!\ It supports only last PinCabView versions from : PinCabView 4.1a / PinCabView2D 3.1a / PinCabViewWFS 2.1a

Most medias (backglass and tables) are only here as simple jpg images
(I would be pleased to provide full video medias support but they are too much tables: it would take too much time and would be too big : sorry!
BTW you can do your own captures for the games you want... ;)

Also some medias/wheels have been provided by some users and are already available in https://vpuniverse.com
(/!\ these medias where unfortunately not named as I did here and if you use them you will have to remane them)

How to use :
- At first, "PinCabView" packs should be installed and working for all your games
- Save your PinballX "Config\PinballX.ini" file from your PinballX directory.
- Extract this full archive where you want in your computer ("Desktop\PCV" folder for example)
- Run "PinCabView_Run.exe"
- Select your PinballX's folder and exe when asked
- Select the games/tables you want to show in PinballX and set the format you want for the backglass medias (with or without grill) when asked
- Select the Path and Launchers for the games you just added when asked
- That's all : you can now run PinballX and with luck the selected games/tables should be included and working! :D

(Then you can remove these files from your desktop folder)

Good to know :
This will install "PinCabView\PinCabView_Run.exe", PinCabView's databases and medias in your PinballX folder and PinballX should be set directly.
To update your config after the first run just run again PinCabView_Run.exe from this location (this time don't delete anything!!)
The media's names you will have to put are the "description" of the games/tables as given in PinballX's Databases\PinCabView\PinCabView.xml

Known limitation : Custom PinCabView2D games are not supported
If you added support for other games you will have to add them yourself.

Enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download folder :   https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5ttx0loy7lzfy/ArcCabView

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider

I just posted a new video to show how it works, how it's easy to install and how it detects itself your config :)

At the end you have an example with the DMD resized on the 3rd screen (with the very poor background included lol)

Here the game running is the GOG version of Fantastic Journey ;)

Havent tried this yet, but will definitely try with my old CDs. I guess there is no DOF support? Maybe its 'easy' (but probably its not) to support just the flippercoils together with arngrim DOF? My 'idea' was a 'mini-tool' that just starts to support the two flipper buttons whenever you press/release them. So start somehow this tool first, then start your emulation, and afterwards close the 'mini-tool' again? Nevertheless, cant wait to try fantastic journey on the cab decades after my last game on pc...thx for sharing your work!

Edit: is it possible at all to use flipper buttons instead of the keyboard??

Edited by makmak

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I played Banzai Run a few days ago and I thought it was really a shame not to be able to play this table correctly on both pincab screens.

So I tried with PinCabView and with a few small changes: It works!

PS: The JP's table need to be modded of course and in the meantime I also fixed the lifter's script code to be accurate.

So it doesn't use the ugly "fake switches hack" anymore and it moves/works now just like the real machine :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Finally, finally have my cab running again. I've found my old CDs and I am anxious to get this working. I haven't seen it mentioned but I have a Pinball 2000 style cabinet with reverse mounted display reflecting the DMD on the playfield display surface. The question, is it possible to do a y-flip on the DMD output?

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Finally, finally have my cab running again. I've found my old CDs and I am anxious to get this working. I haven't seen it mentioned but I have a Pinball 2000 style cabinet with reverse mounted display reflecting the DMD on the playfield display surface. The question, is it possible to do a y-flip on the DMD output?

For now you can get DMD where you want, you can get it on the backglass, in the backglass grill, on a DMD screen and even in the playfield screen. But I fear you can't make a Y-flip for now...

I have to update PinCabView, PinCabView2D, PinCabViewWFS to use the same new features and last shader version I put in PinCabViewVPX for BanzaiRun.

It won't be very difficult to add y-flip function in the shader I will try to add this feature before updating everything.

Just a question : you need Y-flip and not 180° rotation ?

• Content Provider

Yes, Y-flip for a mirror image. 

Funny thing is that I was a Kickstarter supporter for Timeshock! ULTRA Edition. Their dev team accommodated a y-flip feature for DMD, and as far as I know I'm probably the last person on the planet with a Pinball 2000 vpin cabinet. I'll see if I can dig up an image.

Edit: @Aubrel, here's an old post. My third screen is mounted on the underside of the head and is directed down onto a film that is applied near the top of the playfield glass. It's a cool effect. But as what the player sees is a reflection, then the source image on the DMD screen has to be y-flipped.

https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=747&p=3618#p3618 

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Funny thing is that I was a Kickstarter supporter for Timeshock! ULTRA Edition. Their dev team accommodated a y-flip feature for DMD, and as far as I know I'm probably the last person on the planet with a Pinball 2000 vpin cabinet. I'll see if I can dig up an image.

Edit: @Aubrel, here's an old post. My third screen is mounted on the underside of the head and is directed down onto a film that is applied near the top of the playfield glass. It's a cool effect. But as what the player sees is a reflection, then the source image on the DMD screen has to be y-flipped.

It's nice 👍

Ok, I will put this option in the shader :)

• Content Provider
19 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

To be able to do the same, just update the shader with this new version :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g539y98xut1fa6m/PinCabView_shader_2.6d.rar/file

• Content Provider
Just now, slydog43 said:

How do you bring up that shader menu?  Is that avail in all your pincabview stuff?  thanks for all this awesome stuff

This is the ReShade's UI where you can set the shader's options and ReShade options too.

To open and close ingame you just have to push "home" key ("debut" in French azerty keyboards)

And yes it works with all PinCabView releases (except WFS games because the mouse is locked in these games... but you can set the preset ini yourself)

PS: If ever the shader posted above can be used with all PinCabView releases including 2D, WFS and VPX ones

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, slydog43 said:

Awesome Pincab, great effect.  I still have to convert my Revenge from Mars to an LCD screen and new computer.  I bought it a while ago but never installed it.  Do you have a real CRT in your pincab or is it a LCD monitor?

It's an LED monitor 1600x900 max resolution.

Hello. Requesting here for update to enable the option to choose screen for DMD. I have a 4 screen setup and as it automatically detects screens for DMD it is placing it on my topper screen rather than my 1920x1080 dmd screen. Can you update so we can choose the screen number for DMD like the Banzai Run table?

Thank you and excellent work!

On 5/7/2022 at 12:02 PM, Aubrel said:

Hi,

About The Web, yep I had such problem too... If I remember correctly I think it was when using the patch... My game CD is already up to date (windows version) and it works without the patch...

So if you already have a window version you may have to try without the patch...

For the DMD yes I fear you won't be able to get anything else on your 3rd screen than the DMD and a black or colored area arround (you can change the background color in the shader settings ingame, use home key to open the ReShade UI). In fact, because dgvoodoo and ReShade don't support mutiscreens, everything is rendered in a single window (table+backglass+DMD) and it will be difficult to display anything in front...

BTW I can update the shader to display a DMD bezel (a png image to display on your full 3rd screen..)... It would be easy to add and it can be a good idear :) but it won't be a video nor anything animated...

Edit: If I remove the "kill game when focus is lost" I tink you would be able to use your usual method and to display everything you want above... it could be something better :)

Let me know if it's possible (I never used Pinup Popper nor anything like that)

I'm also was having the issue with The Web where it says game does not work in Windows NT. Of course I'm on Windows 10. I was actually messaging to ask for help but now editing my post to say that I found out how to fix it! I had deleted everything, pincabview, all the web files etc and readded and still didn't help but then i tried running as administrator in properties section and boom, error disappeared! Hope that helps others.

Edited by nagaidevil
Update

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, nagaidevil said:

Hello. Requesting here for update to enable the option to choose screen for DMD. I have a 4 screen setup and as it automatically detects screens for DMD it is placing it on my topper screen rather than my 1920x1080 dmd screen. Can you update so we can choose the screen number for DMD like the Banzai Run table?

Thank you and excellent work!

I'm trying to update the full PinCabView releases but it's not so easy...

At this time I'm working on the shader to get some more possibilities and to get a few things automated.

For now here are the new additions I put in the shader (WIP) :

- ability to display an enhanced desktop mode with VPX

- ability to get the grill display above the backglass

- having the DMD directly positionned in the grill when grill is enabled

- DMD transparency (no black DMD background)

- DMD Y-Flip

... etc ...

Some of these things are not easy to put and need some full code parts to be rewritten.

When these things and a few others will be ok I will have to update all launchers (but some of them are not easy to follow... And then I will have to test 🤪)

So it can take a little time ;)

• Content Provider

Hi, I finally got around to trying things out. I'm a little late to the party, but I can at least relay my install experience so that it may benefit others wanting to give this patch a try.

The Web - mfuegemann made a great port for VPX authorized by the lead developer of the Pro Pinball series, Adrian Barritt. It's been redrawn for high resolution and 3D models added. Get it at VPForums: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13092

That said, I am interested in getting the original game running. I lost my original disc a long time ago, but I do have the game as part of the Encore Software compilation, Pinball Madness 3. It has the full game including the soundtrack. The issue is that these old CD-ROM based games from the 90s used a mixed mode that contains both data files and CD audio tracks. Windows 10 has native support for mounting ISO images but ISO does not support mixed mode. 

My development laptop still has an optical drive. I used ImgBurn and simply burned to BIN/CUE format. The CUE file is simply a text file and it is easy to see if the rip was done correctly. There should be a number of audio tracks listed. Now I had to figure out how to mount the image on a virtual drive. DAEMON Tools gets mentioned a lot. It is commercial software. Their non-commercial version, DAEMON Tools Lite, has the reputation of adding bloatware/adware. Most other virtual drive apps do not support mixed mode images. You can install the software but you then find that you will not have background music when you play the game. I finally found a solution with ImgDrive. It is freeware and comes with portable and command line driven versions. Perfect for a cabinet w/ front end where you don't want some large program taking up resources.

I originally tried WinCDEmu as it is open source, but it does not support mixed mode images. You can install the game, but you will not have the CD audio.

I also had the game as an NRG format file from... somewhere. I got it over ten years ago, and I did recall playing it a very long time ago using DAEMON Tools to mount the image. ImgDrive will also mount NRG as mixed mode. Although the game files appear to be identical, I had an easier time with the installer with the mysterious NRG image. The Encore disc had a different installer. Maybe I didn't do something correctly. Once I did have the game installed either image could be loaded to provide the soundtrack.

The patch itself worked out of the box. It only required a little tuning. I changed the DMD parameters in the ini to achieve a pixel perfect 4:1 aspect ratio, taking the same values that I use with the FlexDMD or DMD Extensions ini. I used the beta shader to y-flip the DMD for display on a Pinball 2000 style cabinet. Just required checking a box.

Timeshock! - I already have the Steam Ultra version in cabinet mode. I did not try to test this table.

Big Race USA - I tested with the Kickstarter Edition from around 2012 or 2013. As far as I know, it is the last official version that the Pro Pinball team released. It is supposed to be the same as the latest commercial version just tweaked to ease installation on modern systems; modern as in 10 years ago rather than 20+ years ago. It is a full game and does not require a CD image to be mounted. The patch worked out of the box.

Fantastic Journey - I have an original CD that I burned to BIN/CUE format. It is not mixed mode so it can be mounted successfully with WinCDEmu. The CD I have is apparently not V1.07. The patch will rotate the playfield and provide a backglass, but it will not grab the DMD, maximize the graphics settings, or change the controls to a standard VPX like configuration. These options can be changed, but the correct way to install is to install the main program, then update to v1.07 BEFORE launching the patch. Then it will work out of the box. The update to v1.07 is in Aubrel's MediaFire folder.

All the work was figuring out how to install the games and deal with images and virtual drives. The patch itself simply worked as long as the right game was installed correctly. I was a huge Pro Pinball fan way back when. It's wonderful to be able to play these games again in a cabinet format. 

Thanks so much, @Aubrel