PinCabView : BigRaceUSA-FantasticJourney-Timeshock-TheWeb & WormsPinball-WorldRallyFever & SlamTilt Resurrection!

Aubrel

Yes, the work . Thanks a lot.

<off toppic>

An other  question

Do you know how i can these Tables include to a FrontEnd e.g. PinupPopper?

What i did so far:

I made a CMD-File which

1. mount ISO using DemonTools

2. launch Table using your Programm

3. after Exit unmount ISO

i managed to use include them to the Frontend but my Launch and Close Scripts are a little buggy 😉

when i exit a Table i cant get back to the Point i started.

• Content Provider

32 minutes ago, gerhard said:

Yes, the work . Thanks a lot.

<off toppic>

An other  question

Do you know how i can these Tables include to a FrontEnd e.g. PinupPopper?

What i did so far:

I made a CMD-File which

1. mount ISO using DemonTools

2. launch Table using your Programm

3. after Exit unmount ISO

i managed to use include them to the Frontend but my Launch and Close Scripts are a little buggy 😉

when i exit a Table i cant get back to the Point i started.

Cool ! :)

I did a patch to config PinballX with almost all ready for all 3 PinCabView(2D/WFS) supported games.

But I don't know anything about "PinupPopper" sorry ^^'

If you are using DAEMON Tools Lite an hidden option is available :D

Your "DAEMON Tools Lite" should be installed as default in "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite"

If it's the case just put :

MountISO=MyIsoFullPath

in the "PinCabView_ADV" section of PinCabView.ini

Examples :

MountISO=D:\My Iso Folder\My IsoName.cue

Or if the iso is in the game root directory

MountISO=My IsoName.iso

That way the launcher will mount and unmount your iso itself :)

PS: for now, never kill the launcher process it will break your saves and can broke your games...

An update will come soon for all 3 PinCabView (nearly finished)  with improved performances and some new features (and you will be able to kill the launcher to close your game but not for now)

On 4/15/2022 at 11:20 PM, Aubrel said:

If you are using DAEMON Tools Lite an hidden option is available :D

Your "DAEMON Tools Lite" should be installed as default in "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite"

If it's the case just put :

MountISO=MyIsoFullPath

in the "PinCabView_ADV" section of PinCabView.ini

Examples :

MountISO=D:\My Iso Folder\My IsoName.cue

Or if the iso is in the game root directory

MountISO=My IsoName.iso

That way the launcher will mount and unmount your iso itself :)

that wount work for me ... it had to be come so easy 😉

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, gerhard said:

that wount work for me ... it had to be come so easy 😉

This option is something I added just for myself ;)

I will work only if "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTCommandLine.exe" exist...

Updated to 4.1
- Updated to work with last ArcCabView/PinCabView shader version 2.3
- Updated to work with last official dgVoodoo 2.78.2 ddraw dll
- DMD Filter option added in the shader to crop DMD colors below the filter value
- The launcher can now be killed safely to close the game
- Performance mode added and general performances should be improved too
- Option Full_Stretch On/Off added in ini file
- Option Rotated_180 On/Off added in ini file
- Some small changes, fixes and cleanups

:)

This works well. It's actually quite impressive.

How do you use the new "performance mode"?  For the pro pinball tables, what are people finding to be the least lagged settings? I find the flippers are slightly lagged even though frame rate seems ok and sometimes the flipper sticks up until you hit it again. Anyone else see this? Only in pro pinball.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, markmon said:

This works well. It's actually quite impressive.

How do you use the new "performance mode"?  For the pro pinball tables, what are people finding to be the least lagged settings? I find the flippers are slightly lagged even though frame rate seems ok and sometimes the flipper sticks up until you hit it again. Anyone else see this? Only in pro pinball.

just set 1 for performance mode in the ini

but for pro pinball games the default settings with 4.1 is nearly already performance mode.

BTW it should be really faster than 4.0 for these games

19 hours ago, Aubrel said:

just set 1 for performance mode in the ini

but for pro pinball games the default settings with 4.1 is nearly already performance mode.

BTW it should be really faster than 4.0 for these games

Thank you. I got the games all working better. For pro pinball, I set the desktop to 1280x720p and that helps a lot (I run 2560x1440p for vpx). I still get random flippers that stick up on pro pinball but it plays pretty good now. IMO pro pinball are the important ones because they actually have really good physics.

Either way, this project really is awesome.

• Content Provider

Glad it works better..

I tested PinCabView results only with my own configurations :

Desktop hardware :

W10 + i7-3770K + 16Gb DDR3 + RTX-2060-Super + 1920x1200+1920x1200+1920x1080

PinCab hardware

W7 + A10-7850K + 8Gb DDR3 + GTX-1050Ti + 1920x1080+1280x1024

Everything runs great on both configs without the need of any performance mode except "PinCabView2D SlamTilt" on my pincab because it needs more than 300 fps to run smoothly... (for this one the last release with performance mode helps a lot)

But yes it can be very demanding because the game runs in fact in backbuffer in your very full resolution (resolution of all screens up to the 3rd)...

Edit  : and in fact ProPinball games will run in any case at least in "X" x 1200 resolution... because without that the DMD display is damaged...

so in your case it will runs in 1280x1200 (if you are in 1280x720 landscape) and not 1280x720 and if you have a FullHD 2nd display it will run in "1280+1920" x 1200 :)

• Content Provider
23 minutes ago, gerhard said:

In Version 4.1 MountIso works for me. Thanks alot 🍻

I've read somewhere if using AddictionPinball Worms & Ralley, there was a Option to start one of there games, but can't find it anymore, please be so kind 😉

Cool :)

With Addiction Pinball I think only Rally Fever is launchable without command.

To play Worms Pinball with this game you need to send "-wp" or "wp" to the launcher :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Aubrel, this just looks impressive and I'll try it out as soon as I can. It just brings back so much memories, Timeshock! was my game, day in day out back then. I recently came across my old CD-ROMs and of all the 4 Pro Pinball games and gave it a go on my laptop. I also tried to make ISOs of the CD-ROMs, so I could mount them, but at least for The Web and Timeshock! I could only get them as .cue/bin due to the mixture of data and audio-tracks. Will those also work with the MountIso-Parameter? If not, could you please give me a hint on how to make ISOs out of the mixed CD-ROMs?

• Content Provider

Hi, bin+cue should work, just mount the cue :) The bin must be named correctly (as defined in the cue) and must be next to the cue file in the same folder.

MountIso=D:\My Rip Folder\My CD Game.cue

/!\MountIso is just for DaemonToolsLite users and "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTCommandLine.exe" has to exist.

Mine are "nrg" (I ripped them with Nero 20 years ago from the black 4 games collector edition) and they work perfect :)

So, yesterday I came around to try it on my 'testing cabinet', and for Timeshock, Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey I got it quickly to work. This is so amazing, thank you very much for this @Aubrel !!

With The Web I could not get it to run. I've 'installed' (it only copies like 3 files to the installation directory) the game from the CD packaged alongside Fantastic Journey, then I copied the files from the patch zip into the installation directory (it did not overwrite any files, is that correct?) and put the PinCabView files into the installation directory. When I start the launcher, it displays the Pro Pinball logo on the playfield (I guess this is from the launcher), but I hear a windows message sound. When I use Alt-Tab it displays a error message, saying Pro Pinball - The Web does not support Windows NT (I'm running Windows 10). Any ideas what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Also, I was wandering, is there an option to get the DMD to show up on the 3rd screen without a black background, starting from the left side of the screen up until the right side of the DMD? I have a 16:9 FullDMD and I wanted to fit the DMD unto a FullDMD video playing in the background. In the screenshot, you can see a FullDMD video playing in the background on the right side of the DMD, the rest of the video is 'blocked' by the black background to the left, top and bottom of the DMD. I scaled the DMD to a 4:1 ratio, I guess that's the original ratio also used by the Pro Pinball games.

For those of you using Pinup Popper, how did you integrate Pro Pinball? I was trying to set up a new emulator 'Pro Pinball' and use that for all the tables, but I couldn't get it to work properly. When I hardcode the path to the launcher in the startup script, it works for that one table, but I couldn't get it to work using custom variables. (I just started out with the whole virtual pinball world, still much to learn for me)

IMG_20220506_220445.jpg

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Deathbringer said:

So, yesterday I came around to try it on my 'testing cabinet', and for Timeshock, Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey I got it quickly to work. This is so amazing, thank you very much for this @Aubrel !!

With The Web I could not get it to run. I've 'installed' (it only copies like 3 files to the installation directory) the game from the CD packaged alongside Fantastic Journey, then I copied the files from the patch zip into the installation directory (it did not overwrite any files, is that correct?) and put the PinCabView files into the installation directory. When I start the launcher, it displays the Pro Pinball logo on the playfield (I guess this is from the launcher), but I hear a windows message sound. When I use Alt-Tab it displays a error message, saying Pro Pinball - The Web does not support Windows NT (I'm running Windows 10). Any ideas what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Also, I was wandering, is there an option to get the DMD to show up on the 3rd screen without a black background, starting from the left side of the screen up until the right side of the DMD? I have a 16:9 FullDMD and I wanted to fit the DMD unto a FullDMD video playing in the background. In the screenshot, you can see a FullDMD video playing in the background on the right side of the DMD, the rest of the video is 'blocked' by the black background to the left, top and bottom of the DMD. I scaled the DMD to a 4:1 ratio, I guess that's the original ratio also used by the Pro Pinball games.

For those of you using Pinup Popper, how did you integrate Pro Pinball? I was trying to set up a new emulator 'Pro Pinball' and use that for all the tables, but I couldn't get it to work properly. When I hardcode the path to the launcher in the startup script, it works for that one table, but I couldn't get it to work using custom variables. (I just started out with the whole virtual pinball world, still much to learn for me)

Hi,

About The Web, yep I had such problem too... If I remember correctly I think it was when using the patch... My game CD is already up to date (windows version) and it works without the patch...

So if you already have a window version you may have to try without the patch...

For the DMD yes I fear you won't be able to get anything else on your 3rd screen than the DMD and a black or colored area arround (you can change the background color in the shader settings ingame, use home key to open the ReShade UI). In fact, because dgvoodoo and ReShade don't support mutiscreens, everything is rendered in a single window (table+backglass+DMD) and it will be difficult to display anything in front...

BTW I can update the shader to display a DMD bezel (a png image to display on your full 3rd screen..)... It would be easy to add and it can be a good idear :) but it won't be a video nor anything animated...

Edit: If I remove the "kill game when focus is lost" I tink you would be able to use your usual method and to display everything you want above... it could be something better :)

Let me know if it's possible (I never used Pinup Popper nor anything like that)

1 hour ago, Aubrel said:

About The Web, yep I had such problem too... If I remember correctly I think it was when using the patch... My game CD is already up to date (windows version) and it works without the patch...

So if you already have a window version you may have to try without the patch...

Ok, I'll try re-installing and not applying the patch. I'll let you know if that works.

1 hour ago, Aubrel said:

BTW I can update the shader to display a DMD bezel (a png image to display on your full 3rd screen..)... It would be easy to add and it can be a good idear :) but it won't be a video nor anything animated...

Edit: If I remove the "kill game when focus is lost" I tink you would be able to use your usual method and to display everything you want above... it could be something better :)

Let me know if it's possible (I never used Pinup Popper nor anything like that)

If the video plays above the DMD, it will hide DMD. I don't think it is possible to have transparent parts in a video.

Displaying a png image instead of the black background, that would be very nice. Even more so, if that png image could be set via config (define a path to the png, just like with the MountIso option).

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Deathbringer said:

Ok, I'll try re-installing and not applying the patch. I'll let you know if that works.

If the video plays above the DMD, it will hide DMD. I don't think it is possible to have transparent parts in a video.

Displaying a png image instead of the black background, that would be very nice. Even more so, if that png image could be set via config (define a path to the png, just like with the MountIso option).

You shoukd be able to copy the DMD (using DMDExt for example) and to display the "DMD only" over the video :)

1 hour ago, Aubrel said:

You shoukd be able to copy the DMD (using DMDExt for example) and to display the "DMD only" over the video :)

Ok, thanks, I'm not familiar with DMDExt yet, so I'll have to read up on that first.

I tried re-installing The Web, without the patch, but the error remains the same. At the end of the install, I got an error saying the registry entry could not be written, maybe it has something to do with that?

Also I seem to have a problem with the highscores on Timeshock, they're gone after a restart. Big Race USA seems to work fine, I got a highscore entry there that remains after a restart. Is there some way to debug this?

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, Deathbringer said:

Ok, thanks, I'm not familiar with DMDExt yet, so I'll have to read up on that first.

I tried re-installing The Web, without the patch, but the error remains the same. At the end of the install, I got an error saying the registry entry could not be written, maybe it has something to do with that?

Also I seem to have a problem with the highscores on Timeshock, they're gone after a restart. Big Race USA seems to work fine, I got a highscore entry there that remains after a restart. Is there some way to debug this?

Ok can you try this : https://www.mediafire.com/file/8lsmsnearuw9oc7/PinCabView_4.1a_Test.rar/file

just extract in your game folder (overwrite the previous PinCabView files)

In PinCabView\Textures folder there is a png file named "background_default.png" you can put here your DMD background

This image will be displayed fullsized on your 3rd screen below the DMD display (only if you have a 3rd screen for the DMD and if you set custom DMDSizes)

The game window size will now cover your  full 3rd screen in this case, so you can center the DMD as you want :)

Off course you can update the background_default.png image as you want (mine is horrible! lol) and even more if you want you can put a special one for each game by just adding a "background.png" image in their "Textures\GameName" folders

Let me know if it's ok ;)

if everything is ok I will update the 3 pincabview with these changes :)

About timeshock I will check later, I didn't noticed the score saving issue... thanks for the feedback :)

Edit: just tested and score saving works (at least when you quit the game correctly). I will do more deep tests later (I still didn't tried when the process is killed).

The FullDMD background image works perfectly, thanks.

I also did a re-install of Timeshock, wanted to be sure that there's no weird state of files, since this was the first table I tried. This time, I exited via ESC into the menu and then chose 'back to Windows' and the highscore remained. Just to be sure, what methods are considered to quit the game correctly? Still have to test, if exiting via Pinup Popper (killing the timeshock.exe) also saves the highscore.

I can now confirm, that when I use the Q-Button (Pinup Popper: Exit Emulator) to end the game, the new highscores don't get saved (but saved highscores from previous sessions remain). When I exit via ESC into the menu and then choose 'back to Windows', the highscores from that session get saved.

My Closing Script in Pinup Popper looks similar to the one mentioned previously in this thread. I'm not killing the Launcher, only the game .exe

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "[CUSTOM1]" 4 1

taskkill /f /im "BigRaceUSA.exe"
taskkill /f /im "FantasticJourney.exe"
taskkill /f /im "Timeshock.exe"
taskkill /f /im "PinCabViewCopyGame.exe"

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, Deathbringer said:

I can now confirm, that when I use the Q-Button (Pinup Popper: Exit Emulator) to end the game, the new highscores don't get saved (but saved highscores from previous sessions remain). When I exit via ESC into the menu and then choose 'back to Windows', the highscores from that session get saved.

My Closing Script in Pinup Popper looks similar to the one mentioned previously in this thread. I'm not killing the Launcher, only the game .exe

I tried with timeshock and yes thta's what I get: when the game is closed correctly (esc + return to windows) it saves the scores correctly, but when killed it doesn't.

Now with last 4.1/3.1/2.1 PinCabView releases you can safely kill "PinCabView_Launcher.exe" to close/kill the game ;)

12 hours ago, Deathbringer said:

The FullDMD background image works perfectly, thanks.

Nice thanks for your confirmation :)

So I will update all 3 PinCabView to work like that :)

• Content Provider

Now  with 4.1 you can kill the launcher to close/kill safely the game yes (so no need to kill any other process anymore)

BTW it looks like timeshock is saving scores only when the game is closed correctly using the menu... so to save your score the only way with this game is to quit correctly with 'esc' (or "2" key (buy-in) with pincabkeys) and to select "return to windows" (can be done with "Ctrl" keys (magnasaves) using pincabkeys)

This is not something I can fix this game is done like that...