Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Lays said:

still not boots with 4.41, only after pressing reset

This was only a try, as you can read in the thread on the STM forum it is a problem of the ST-Link firmware and only a different version really fixes this bootup problem for the Nucleo.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I have a problem installing the new Colorprism V4.0 Firmware on my rig. I've been trying for about a week on an off to get the 64 bit version to work but no dice. I get to the point when I'm copying the DmDdevice64.dll and the DMDdevice.dll into /VPinMame and find that if I copy them in I loose my DMD on my main screen. I cannot locate it again and it seems to be missing. I can hear audio but can't locate the DMD. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks for the help and amazing work on the software!

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, neohacker said:

Hey everyone! I have a problem installing the new Colorprism V4.0 Firmware on my rig. I've been trying for about a week on an off to get the 64 bit version to work but no dice. I get to the point when I'm copying the DmDdevice64.dll and the DMDdevice.dll into /VPinMame and find that if I copy them in I loose my DMD on my main screen. I cannot locate it again and it seems to be missing. I can hear audio but can't locate the DMD. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks for the help and amazing work on the software!

This thread is about firmware version running on LED hardware PIN2DMD.

This might be the right place for you https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/7504-new-version-dmd-extensions-with-pin2dmd-coloring-plugin-and-pac-file-support/

• Content Provider

new version V4.44
- add support for new "Replace No Retrigger" coloring mode
- add support for SysXDMD module
- fix dump issue in 64bit pin2dmd.exe tool
- fix unique ID display for MK66 build

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
3 hours ago, breikers said:

Stupid question, my pin2dmd is still on version 2.5 so I want to upgrade it. Does the upgrade mess up the activation? Thx!

If you have a valid key it will also work with the latest version.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Crrispy said:

Hello,

Just upgraded my Baywatch XL evo from 3.18 to 4.44. Colorization does not work anymore, any idea?

Thanks.

Please check wether it is activated in the onscreen menu and check if the keyfile matches the UID.

20 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Please check wether it is activated in the onscreen menu and check if the keyfile matches the UID.

Hello, it was activated since a long time. I didn't change any of the existing files. BTW, I still had a 4.26 XL upgrade file there, I downgraded from 4.44 to 4.26 and it works. So there's an issue somewhere between 4.26 and 4.44.

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, Crrispy said:

Hello, it was activated since a long time. I didn't change any of the existing files. BTW, I still had a 4.26 XL upgrade file there, I downgraded from 4.44 to 4.26 and it works. So there's an issue somewhere between 4.26 and 4.44.

I will check after the holidays

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, Crrispy said:

Maybe you can check the other versions and see where it stops to work

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/commits/master/firmware/latest/EVO192x64

• Content Provider

V4.48
- final fix of rare issue with EVO boards needing reset to start after poweron. Full install of firmware needed with DFU or BIN file on those boards.
- fix REPLACE_NO_RETRIGGER coloring mode replay lag

Hi, just updated my pin2DMD to the latest firmware V4.50, think I was previously v2.56. I just tried to activate with my original key using pin2dmd.exe and get device activation failed! My device key begins with a D, the device I have been using is a Discovery STM32F407. Is it because of this? I was hoping because I already have a key and was not asking for a new one that it would work. Do I need to get a new board?

Thanks

Craig

• Content Provider
20 minutes ago, caderbyshire said:

Hi, just updated my pin2DMD to the latest firmware V4.50, think I was previously v2.56. I just tried to activate with my original key using pin2dmd.exe and get device activation failed! My device key begins with a D, the device I have been using is a Discovery STM32F407. Is it because of this? I was hoping because I already have a key and was not asking for a new one that it would work. Do I need to get a new board?

Thanks

Craig

If the key number is the same as on the display it should work.

Did you try the 64bit version of pin2dmd.exe ? 

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, caderbyshire said:

Yes, I tried the 64bit (and 32bit just in case). I must admit, when I first run the pin2dmd.exe, it states firmware version not supported, please upgrade!

Thanks

Craig

This indicates a communication error . Please check the USB cabeling and the USB driver.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8373-computer-that-cannot-find-pin2dmd-display/?do=findComment&comment=69259