Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

52 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

please share in case that helps us avoid problems with projects before fixed. ...

I encountered a bug when creating an LCM.  Here is how to reproduce:

1.  Append some frames to the end of .txt recording and recreate the .gz file (I often do this if I only need a few frames from a recording instead of loading that entire recording)

2.  Open the editor and create an LCM scene using those new frames by pressing Add2Scene button as usual.

3.  Color the objects on each frame and set the hashtags for them as usual.

4.  Rename the scene from newScene to xxx

5 .  Create the keyframe for the LCM (in my case, I used a global mask)

At this point everything has looked and acted normally (the scene and the keyframe names are showing properly in their lists), but when I attempt to save the project,  I get an error message box stating "Error writing animation project / the following error occured while writing: null"

So, then I close the editor and when I restart it, the keyframe is still there, but the scene is gone (it didn't get saved obviously).  Also, as soon as I click in the scene list, I notice  that the filename in the title instantly has a "*" in front of it, as if I have made changes, but I haven't - all I did was click on the scene list.  If I then try to exit, sure enough, I get a dialogue box that warns me that there are unsaved changes in the project.  All I can do is "Quit" to get out of the editor.

Yes, I always try to use the latest version, but I see there was a version released just 2 days ago.  I just downloaded it and brought up the project, but as soon as I click on the scene list, it again acts as if I made changes and prompts to save.  Could it be that my project is somehow corrupt now?  I will play with it some more see if I still get the null error when saving the LCM.

The build I was using before was Oct 27.  So, with the Nov 4 build, I was able to create and save an LCM.  But is it normal for the editor to warn you that changes have not been saved when exiting, even though no changes have been made (just clicking on the scene or keyframe list)?  I know that it did not do this previously.  Another thing I now notice is that undefined masks are shown in a light green color,  instead of the light blue color that they used to be.  Defined masks are still shown in light red.   Is this what you guys are seeing with the latest editor?

• Content Provider

I changed the colors of the unlocked mask to green for better visibility and added some change tags because before it could happen that the editor was closed with latest changes not being saved. 

Maybe now it is set too sensitive but I think it is better than the other way.

• Content Provider
On 1/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, lucky1 said:

V4.32

- add support for single device pin2dmd editor real pin export.

Together with the latest editor it is now possible to make a colorization export for single pin2dmd devices (UID needed)

Recommended filename is "UID".fsq/.pal but pin2dmd.fsq/.pal is also working

On 2/7/2022 at 5:53 AM, lucky1 said:

V4.31

- scale down HD projects on 128x32

I have been working on a project at 128x32 that I want to scale up to use on HD 256x64 at some point. I don't have all the components for the HD pin2dmd yet so I was sticking with 128 scale so I can test. Does this enable me to check my 256x64 project on my Evo128x32? 

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, TheFool said:

I have been working on a project at 128x32 that I want to scale up to use on HD 256x64 at some point. I don't have all the components for the HD pin2dmd yet so I was sticking with 128 scale so I can test. Does this enable me to check my 256x64 project on my Evo128x32? 

yes

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, Geisterfahrer said:

Awesome. Any plans on extending this to a list of UIDs per export?

As a reminder, the source of the editor is on github . So feel free to dive a little bit into java and add any feature you wish yourself.

I just added the option to select a .txt file with a list of UIDs to the latest editor build.

Leave the UID name field empty and press okay to get to the file selection dialog.

Accepts a simple textfile with one UID per line.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...