Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider

There will be no direct serum support on pin2dmd hardware, but if coloring authors are o.k. with it I can implement some kind of import function to the pin2dmd editor to use the colorized frames for a real pin export.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

following the activation of my pin2dmd screens (version 4.35), I cannot get the real colorization to work from the micro SD card. I can enter the configuration to adjust the type of pinball and the type of flash memory but after each save the screen shows me an error palette. Need your light because it worked very well on my old PIN2DMD.

Many thanks

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, jeremy72650 said:

Hello everyone,

following the activation of my pin2dmd screens (version 4.35), I cannot get the real colorization to work from the micro SD card. I can enter the configuration to adjust the type of pinball and the type of flash memory but after each save the screen shows me an error palette. Need your light because it worked very well on my old PIN2DMD.

Many thanks

Please update your firmware and try again. Latest version is 4.52

• 2 months later...

hi!! In the first message sorry for my bad english 😫

i have a VP from two year i must make a new complete installation. I have a pin2dmd key but when i wont to activate the soft pin2dmd.exe tell me an error activation. I use the serialnumber.key file and the usb i have tried in both sides. The Firm is 4.52 version, whch is my error to activate it?

Edited by Koolio

• Content Provider
On 1/18/2024 at 11:13 AM, Koolio said:

hi!! In the first message sorry for my bad english 😫

i have a VP from two year i must make a new complete installation. I have a pin2dmd key but when i wont to activate the soft pin2dmd.exe tell me an error activation. I use the serialnumber.key file and the usb i have tried in both sides. The Firm is 4.52 version, whch is my error to activate it?

Did you try the 64bit version of pin2dmd.exe ?

• Content Provider

What is displayed when you click on Device->Load Config ?

If Fimware Version and Unique ID is empty you have a USB communication problem.

Please try replacing the USB driver with the Zadig Tool from my github to WinUSB

or try a different USB port/cable on your machine. If you use a STM32  Discovery or Nucleo board as pin2dmd hardware make sure you use the correct USB port.

I'm having a problem updating my EVO 128x32 (Board Rev 1.2, STM32F427 chipset) from 3.05 to 4.52. I tried the following:

1. 2 different microsd cards (the one I was originally using and a newer 16gb) both formatted to FAT32. When I put the upd file on either SD card I get an Invalid Update message when the unit boots up.

2. The PIN2DMD software recognizes it in non DFU mode and shows Firmware as V3.05. With the device set in DFU mode it is not recognized when I try DFU Upload. Says No DFU capable USB device available.

3. I was able to connect to it using DfuSeDemo. It shows up when I set it in DFU mode, I do the Upgrade using the Upgrade button.

Everything checks out okay in the program and I exit DFU mode in the program and then unplug the power to the unit. When I plug the power back in it still says 3.05...

I am using the drivers that came with the DfuseDemo program, it is showing up as STM Device in DFU Mode in my device manager. I'm on Windows 11.

Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Did you try to first go to 3.20 and then to 4.52 ?

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/releases

Thanks, that worked, but it broke my activation. How do I go about restoring it? I didn't realize it was going to break so I didn't make a backup of my key... :(

edit: Nevermind, I reached out to the vendor who sold it to me and he gave me the key.

Edited by Geteos

On 23/1/2024 at 7:35, lucky1 said:

¿Qué se muestra al hacer clic en Dispositivo->Cargar configuración?

Si la versión del firmware y el ID único están vacíos, tiene un problema de comunicación USB.

Intente reemplazar el controlador USB con la herramienta Zadig de mi github a WinUSB

o pruebe con un puerto/cable USB diferente en su máquina. Si utiliza una placa STM32 Discovery o Nucleo como hardware pin2dmd, asegúrese de utilizar el puerto USB correcto.

so good many thanks i must change the drivers i have libusk and i change it to winusb. many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 5:58 AM, lucky1 said:

Did you try to first go to 3.20 and then to 4.52 ?

Just wanted to confirm, does the firmware now need to be at version 3.20 before you can do an SD card update to 4.52? I have a customer that is at 3.12 and the SD card update will not work. On pin2dmd.com it states that you can do the SD card update from version 2.50 and above. Now, there could be a problem with his card holder but I don't have the display in hand to determine that.

Thanks!

• Content Provider

With version 2.50 the possibility to update the firmware through SD has been introduced but that does not mean that you can switch from any to any version through SD.

Due to too many changes from 3.x to 4.x you first need to install v3.20 which is marked as migration release.