Last Action Hero Colorization

1 hour ago, trueno92 said:

Just got my 1.13 rom, and my replacement spinner as my original was missing with the game.  Its gonna be a great night!!

I think so too. With the 1.13 ROM it's a different pinballachine. With an spinner of course. There are great scenes when you hit the ramp 4 times and then hit the spinner. Millions my friend 

I am gonna be up late tonight 😜

Amazing work!! The pop humper animations and color masking ks changed, looks great, im not exactly sure how it should look but now thr red and yellow do not overlap on the same score graphic.  Each bumper makes a solid colour graphic when all 3 are on screen at the same time!!

Rectangle with text looks great.  Verticle color scale boarder instead horizontal.  It flashes nicely.  Would be neat if it scrolled upwards in the color bands but i dont think its possible.

Chicken countdown looks amazing.  Makes me want backgrounds in dekkers head spinner graphic,  cat millions and the find benedict intro animation.  Looks like it may be difficult to implement but the sky backgrounds REALLY MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THIS IS 16-bit graphics sega video game!! And that is so accurate for this generation of game and this title and all of its 90s restro nostalgia.

Not many bugs in this one.

LAST is still all white when awarded after ACTION and HERO.

And thank you, press start, and mode objective boxes text are back to white!!  Looks great.

Regarding the ball launch with gun shot, artist MALENKO may be able to answer this mystery... as he colorized LW3 and it has a similar sequence.

GUYS IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING AND USING THIS ONE,  ITS GREAT!! PLEASE SUPPORT THE ARTIST!! A COFFEE OR A BEER!!

Edited by trueno92

19 hours ago, dtatane said:

I didn't have much time these days, some quick corrections (score, rectangle with text, few things here and there)

+ somes changes in chicken countdown.

cadre.gif.fa3cc31c247de0c8997038b3204d51c3.gif

chicken-countdown.gif.5bb4d6489fcfb129df3d85185f0d7cef.gif

Hi @dtatane

You don't have to hurry. 

Be patient. 

Looks good what I see so far. 

Chicken Countdown is amazing. 

Letters everywhere lighted up again. 

But what I see, not in the status report when you hold flipper button. There are letters a little bit dark. 

Bumper Scoring @trueno92 there a still some errors. Most on the right side of screen. Million and 100K when yellow there is a red Overlay. Maybe have a look. 

It's so great to see Project growing and growing. 

Best regards at all, Flens

1 hour ago, Flens said:

Hi @dtatane

You don't have to hurry. 

Be patient. 

Looks good what I see so far. 

Chicken Countdown is amazing. 

Letters everywhere lighted up again. 

But what I see, not in the status report when you hold flipper button. There are letters a little bit dark. 

Bumper Scoring @trueno92 there a still some errors. Most on the right side of screen. Million and 100K when yellow there is a red Overlay. Maybe have a look. 

I see what you mean, but the overlay isnt as noticable as the last time when the overlay was leaving color on different animations.  I can live with it!

1 hour ago, Flens said:

It's so great to see Project growing and growing. 

Best regards at all, Flens

• Content Provider
On 6/9/2021 at 8:45 PM, Flens said:

hi @dtatane

just played some balls with actual version, here are some statements:

Video LONGPLAY > https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1freXsPNRteOjY89gw8ghkgT84Jk7Ponb

1. Skillshots > as discussed

2. Ripper blow out intro with lettering, video at 00:00:30 > Letters are less lighted then before. Could a bit more i think.

3. Pop Bumper scoring, video at 00:01:07 > some errors when getting 100K ore million

4. Find benedict intro with lettering, video at 00:01:38 > Letters are less bright... have a nice day when find benedict video at 00:01:42 > looks great !

5. Go to the movies, video at 00:02:30 > Letters are less bright... Animation with purple and blue in corners looks great video at 00:02:50 > when getting add a ball Animation of flying ball ist brilliant !

6. Extra Ball Lit Animation video at 00:04:00 > ist brilliant ! Also as receive extra ball at 00:04:13

7.  Animation with purple and blue in corners looks great video at 00:02:50, when getting add a ball Animation of flying ball ist brilliant !

8. Catch the red eye  intro with lettering, Video at 00:04:40 > Letters are less lighted then before.

9.  REPLAY and FIREWORKS  video at 00:05:00 > all brilliant !

10.  Cousin Frank Award (shoot ramp 2 times, then right side of scoop) video at 00:05:25 > have  a look. Dont know.

11. Multiball activated scene video at 00:06:40 > have  a look. Looks nice i think.

12. Replay at ... screen  Video at 00:08:13 > Letters are less lighted then before.

13. Highsores ... screen  Video at 00:08:17 > #1 numbers are little bit confused coloured. Other places # 2 to #6 okay.

Lets go on and do some great work again. I mean, you Damian, i think you will do some great work again.

Best regards, Flens

@Flens

Thanks for the dump file. 

I could correct some missing frames for position #1 and  #3. We are still missing some very rare ones. I'll try to record the #2 "gun up" and the two remaining frames shouldn't be a problem !

I tried to adress the bumper colorization differently, couldn't test ... let me know !

I also tidied a bit the project files and got rid of some old dump files. 

@trueno92 I'm also quite interested in inputing backgrounds or new contents to the scenes. To me it really is the added value for the 64 colors firmware and PIN2DMD. 

New colors for "play chicken" animation.

Sounds good, been tied up lately but i also noticed this while i was winning:

Super jackpot animation with balls bouncing ahead of the text is yellow every where.  Sometimes white and red and jumps back to yellow.

7 hours ago, dtatane said:

@Flens

Thanks for the dump file. 

I could correct some missing frames for position #1 and  #3. We are still missing some very rare ones. I'll try to record the #2 "gun up" and the two remaining frames shouldn't be a problem !

I tried to adress the bumper colorization differently, couldn't test ... let me know !

I also tidied a bit the project files and got rid of some old dump files. 

@trueno92 I'm also quite interested in inputing backgrounds or new contents to the scenes. To me it really is the added value for the 64 colors firmware and PIN2DMD. 

New colors for "play chicken" animation.

@dtatane

Good to here that you could use the dumpfile. If it would help to record some mor dumpfiles for this special and rare scenes, ore also for the bumper colorization, let me know.

I will check today in the afternoon the new version. Excited to see new chicken. 

Some errors seen last sunday:

- "LCM" scene goto movies. When you hit the targets and receive a third, fourth ore even fifth ball there wehre mixed colours white and purple.

-  World Record scene is to short to see. You only have half a second to see the score to beat. Could you add a little bit more time ? 1 ore 2 seconds ? Is it possible to add time ? 

-  Status report when you hold flipper button. There are letters a little bit dark in the rectangle in different screens. I told before ?

Best regards

Bumper explosion is strange now with a lot of brown and white being displayed 

Play chicken background is mind blowing!! Its amazing!  Happy to hear you want to try and add more, it really looks next level!!

I cant attach many files now to the forum so i will be adding a google photos shared album to capture the videos and images.

Stay tuned.

@dtatane

just played some balls and shot some videos.

Videos 2021-06-16 here > 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1freXsPNRteOjY89gw8ghkgT84Jk7Ponb

Skillshots are crazy. I think there is one frame when hitting the "N" ore "E" Target very early, still black and white.

01 Bumperscoring - most on the left side errors with grey rectangle shades, see video 01_bumberscoring

02 go to the movies - looks good. Cant see errors today. The "flying and burning" ball is amazing ! see video 02_go-to-the-movies

03 Chicken - looks good. Great stuff ! see video 03_chicken-the-roof-statusreport.

In that video have a look at dynamit feature the roof, maybe steps ore anything could be coloured otherwise ?

In that video also have a look at statusreport, when holding flipperbutton the letters in rectangle not all highlited.

04 Super Spinner - when hitting the ramp 4 times super spinner will give every turn 1 million. Letters SUPER SPINNER not fully coloured and the rest,

have a look please. Could be difficult as ripper blow out i think.

@trueno92 maybe you see more and could upload video

Best regards at all

Edited by Flens

Ideal for backgrounds:

Come back later

The roof

BIG mistake

Skill shot is still hit and miss, dont worry too much on it, probably missing frames.

Pop bumper coloring is overlapping wrong.  I thought lcm would nail it.. too bad..

Last, action, hero sequence last is not colorized.

Cant wait.

Noticed that while playjng, when the game shows the preview of the current highest score champion that it is uncolored.

Balls draining animation  at end of last action hero 6 ball play is uncolored also.

Good to hear you can travel with the current health situation.   Where i am in toronto, we are still in phase 1 of reopening...  your LAH work is honestly one of the highlights of my boring days.

Ill continue adding random images and or movies of scenes that exhibit inconsistent coloring, here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HRLxDfPYjAHFZ3j56

Edited by trueno92

• Content Provider

That's good they're progressing on that, it'll help manage the transitions smoother and correct the sync erros we can see on realpin !

Thanks and happy father's day to all fathers around here !

Actually, I haven't worked on bumper color... but "the roof" is on the way !

the-roof.gif.0f267ac2bb55c954c345bbb8cb646e42.gif

Damian, what can i show you that you would want to see. That can help?

Please check the latest EDITOR BETA - the added changes to the editor have been uploaded there!!

The ROOF looks GREAT!! 

Edited by trueno92

On 6/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, dtatane said:

That's good they're progressing on that, it'll help manage the transitions smoother and correct the sync erros we can see on realpin !

Thanks and happy father's day to all fathers around here !

Actually, I haven't worked on bumper color... but "the roof" is on the way !

the-roof.gif.0f267ac2bb55c954c345bbb8cb646e42.gif

could we get a blue sky in the opening scene with the helicopter?? 😇

• Content Provider

Unfortunatelly, I couldn't figure out a right way of coloring a bright sky on the roof runaway... i tried numerous solution, painted 200 frames... but it wasn't working correctly... 

There are too many variations, and even with complicated LCM... it was too long to deal with. So I decided to keep it simpler. Still there's a sky, but darkerr and on the top of the scene, not to interfere with the roff structures.

Hope you'll enjoy. 

Omg been waiting for this!!!

Sorry u painted 200 frames... hmmm... good effort, it does look great but I see where the problem is, becuase of so many different combination of when the animation will choose to jump, and then award score etc.

The sky would have been good or even static image, but the player is really busy looking at the ball and trying to it the ramp.. so its not too much of a lost opportunity!

Maybe your talent could be better used on things like the opening sequence because there are no changes in this animation sequence.  Player cannot influence anything during the movie.  It's always the same with the helicopter and arnold going up the elevator. 

or in the scene where generally the player is viewing the animation, for example:

1. Opening Sequence

2. Play CHicken

3. Match

and maybe try these:

4. Benedict when he says have a nice day and shows himself on right side of screen with glasses down

5. Opening sequence of BIG MISTAKE mode, where the game plays an animation of arnold and then arnold firing the gun

6. (I am sure there are others)  

generally, the scenes where there is no player interaction - similar to chicken mode - maybe we can have more luck with these as they are static in the play back.

Maybe it would be easier with the new beta test of the editor as these animation have no triggers, you could colour and have the editor automatically apply color to next keyframe?

And fixes list:

1. left pop bumper shade grey

2. LAST in sequence after ACTION and HERO in that mode. 

Ill take whatever you will give us!! 🤪

Edited by trueno92

Hi @dtatane, Hi @trueno92,

yes. Dont waiste your time with complicated modes.

Just go step by step further.

As trueno says, maybe fix errors first. 

Pop bumper scoring.

LCM scene go to the movies:

Yesterday i had errors in LCM scene go to the movies again.

When you hit the targets and receive a third, fourth ore even fifth ball there wehre mixed colours white and purple. A wild confused screen.

World Record scene:

to short to see. You only have half a second to see the score to beat. Could you add a little bit more time ? 1 ore 2 seconds ? Is it possible to add time ? 

Status report:

when you hold flipper button. There are letters a little bit dark in the rectangle in different screens.

Best regards

• Content Provider

Hi,

New update tonight with some corrections :

- At last, I recorded the action + hero + last sequence that was missing... it is now colored. Doing so, I also changed and completed the colors on the 3 variations of "action" (ammo + red shirt) :

big-lah-action.gif.71d52c297460be600324a6437896bda7.gif

- I changed the LCM to the bumper, it should be better : left is yellow, middle is orange and right is red. But i only have 100.000 value, how do you get the One million ??? is it only on ROM 1.13 ?

- I changed the palette for the (instant info) and all screens with the surronding "border" - the text should always be brighter (but with less shadow effect on it in order to cover all variations) - I revert the change on the border to keep it to a single color, the 3 lah colors made the border look a bit messy

Sorry @Flens I cannot change the time for world record scene. As it is a "color mask" to display a changing variable (score), I cannot change the delay. The frames are the ones sent by the ROM, not more, not less.

Go to movies, I tried sending out a lot of balls in without being able to see the errors. Could you try to capture a video of it please ?

@trueno92 I know it takes time, but it's progressing ! 

In the meanwhile I had a look at the beta version of the editor to do some testing (I see a new version was published today, i should check again the new features).

And you know, I'm also wasting time trying coloring some scenes, changing some colors and a lot of this tries are not published because i'm not happy with them. For example, I tried 3 different backgrounds for "play chicken", each time, I colored more or less 30 frames to have a look at the result, then tweak a bit, change again to find out something that I like.

I definitely want to improve the intro, I just haven't figure out yet the right choices I will enjoy, and get enough time to work on it.

Files are on the drive !