Last Action Hero Colorization

• Content Provider
59 minutes ago, trueno92 said:

yup, registered

real pin enabled.

Not sure what’s happening then, works on my end but I have an older version of the editor.

40 minutes ago, trueno92 said:

can someone help me how to overwrite keyframe data?

say there is a frame that is REPLACE that i want to use as a totally different scene in the game, the keyframe data would be different, but i want to overwrite it with the replace painting.. holah-64colorsal910.vnilah-64colorsal910.palw would i do that?

vpin files attached, enjoy guys

If you just want to change the replaced scene then you can edit the keyframe to link to your new scene, you shouldn’t have to delete it all together. 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, trueno92 said:

can someone help me how to overwrite keyframe data?

say there is a frame that is REPLACE that i want to use as a totally different scene in the game, the keyframe data would be different, but i want to overwrite it with the replace painting.. holah-64colorsal910.vnilah-64colorsal910.palw would i do that?

vpin files attached, enjoy guys

You need to check if you don't already have a keyframe that would trigger another color scene instaed. If two coloring scene are correponding, who knows which the system will select.. ! 

So on the project, if there was a keyframe attached to the inital coloring, find it and change the scene that is triggered by the new one.

Here's a short video to explain that :

• Content Provider

Hi all,

You were several people contacting me to have a bit  of clarification over the project. Let me share you what's going on.

I have a new mission in my current job since the last couple of months that is really intense and doesn't allow me to spend a lot of time on this project. I'm in charge of chinese operations and I'm traveling a lot there from France. I thought I would have time during the manadatory quarantine period there, but it ended up that it was not the case.

As @trueno92 was offering to help in the colorization of this project for months, I proposed him my files to go on with the 64colors improvement.

All in all, others might be also be interested. Therefore, as it was my intention from the beginning, you will find in this Google Drive the projects files I've been we've been working on for the last year. It took 300+ hours of my time (perhaps even more) and I must say I really enjoyed working on this and appreciated a lot your help in this. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ambfVNg8NYI0ZO1qTXjo4RWSiHSAg4mF?usp=sharing

I realeased v1.3 for VPIN / v1.2 for RPIN in the download section of VPU. These will be my last version. 

For now on, @trueno92 or others might go on, and I suggest you work together in improving this nice ROM colorizaton. 

You can publish your work as "MOD" of my project, I would appreciate you leave credit to me when doing so.

As it was my first colorization project, I've made a lot of mistakes and mis-optimization of the palettes or way of coloring in the first scenes... and I must say that even if I'm a lot more knowledgeable now, I'm still not an expert. But I will try and help you getting started on the project if it can insure very nice and complete MOD of the colors !! 

I will stay tuned, and hopefully will enjoy playing on my pincab this worderful table of LAH with brand new scenes and colors !

All in all, if I happen to have more time available again, I might end up color a new ROM, they are several others that I would love to do.. !

The work you have laid down is great.  I only want to improve a couple scenes and maybe once i learn how to use the editor a bit better, i could make larger improvements.   The time it takes to improve the scenes is significant,  it really took longer than expected just to add a few colours and then redo what mistakes i had made!!  

3 hours ago, dtatane said:

Hi all,

You were several people contacting me to have a bit  of clarification over the project. Let me share you what's going on.

I have a new mission in my current job since the last couple of months that is really intense and doesn't allow me to spend a lot of time on this project. I'm in charge of chinese operations and I'm traveling a lot there from France. I thought I would have time during the manadatory quarantine period there, but it ended up that it was not the case.

As @trueno92 was offering to help in the colorization of this project for months, I proposed him my files to go on with the 64colors improvement.

All in all, others might be also be interested. Therefore, as it was my intention from the beginning, you will find in this Google Drive the projects files I've been we've been working on for the last year. It took 300+ hours of my time (perhaps even more) and I must say I really enjoyed working on this and appreciated a lot your help in this. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ambfVNg8NYI0ZO1qTXjo4RWSiHSAg4mF?usp=sharing

I realeased v1.3 for VPIN / v1.2 for RPIN in the download section of VPU. These will be my last version. 

For now on, @trueno92 or others might go on, and I suggest you work together in improving this nice ROM colorizaton. 

You can publish your work as "MOD" of my project, I would appreciate you leave credit to me when doing so.

As it was my first colorization project, I've made a lot of mistakes and mis-optimization of the palettes or way of coloring in the first scenes... and I must say that even if I'm a lot more knowledgeable now, I'm still not an expert. But I will try and help you getting started on the project if it can insure very nice and complete MOD of the colors !! 

I will stay tuned, and hopefully will enjoy playing on my pincab this worderful table of LAH with brand new scenes and colors !

All in all, if I happen to have more time available again, I might end up color a new ROM, they are several others that I would love to do.. !

I am so sad my friend Damian that you retire from this project.

Your the best ! 

We have had a lot of fun here in this project. i have been here for almost a year now with you.

Without you, LAH Real Pinball would never be able to play like it is now !

I wish you all the best for your future and your new challenges.

Maybe we will see each other here again. Would be great.

Stay healthy my friend, all the best to the best !

HOLGER

Hey guys, to the all 4 of us on this thread daily....

I still need to finalize a few things but i will admit its hard to improve on the work of, Damian, the master of this project.

First, the masking lcm mode used and the result in realpin sometimes differ.  Im sure its probably because i dont know how to use the pallette correctly.   Anyway i have a solution that i think works nicely, although the choice of color is difficult to decide as the scene only allows 4 at a time...

I ended up replacing the scene in mball ready, where arnold is jumping into the car.  The scene itself is really crude as the source frames are very primitive.  The art package mixes between semi realistic movie clips and cartoonish styles.   The mball scene has movie clip used for arnold jumpijg into the car and its hard to make out.  I replaced the scene with arnold firing the gun in big mistake mode.  It looks great and the number of frames fit perfectly.  Last frame is also touched up where arnold CONE'S A PHRASE.

I know its not for everyone, but id replace all the scenes with movie clips if i knew how!!   But damians art reminded me of how much i like pixel art!!

Edited by trueno92

Sept final.  Mball ready scene is a lot more refined now.

Too many crude scenes from the source material... source resolution and colors were restrictions..

Made the curtains look animated now.. really brought me back to the 16bit coloring playing police quest 3!!

Hi Trueno,

you are working very hard here. Respect 👍.

Here are some impressions and statements from my site:

HERO (LAST-ACTION-HERO) - helicopter silver, but in the beginning screen and later screen was green before.
Better to see the helicoter when differnt colour to the other things around i think. So green was okay, but maybe other colour instead of silver would be also. 
At skillshot it is still green.

Cousin Frank - Still looks a little bit blurry, more on the right side i think.
Explosion is great. See what is possible in the future. Maybe more ideas.

Go to the movies - looks better, but maybe colour the middle of the letters different to yellow, maybe red would look also fine ?
Old version was two coloured, take alook at screenshots.

Shoot again - looks good.

Multiball - looks great.

Maybe you can create and publish an Folder where people can download actual and your historic versions.

Best regards

captive_new.JPG

captive_old.JPG

hi flens,

The skill shot is still green, opening scene is silver..  black and grey would look dark, and silver looks like maybe it was not colored.  i know what you mean about the green, but its hard to think of what color would work - let me know what you think.

regarding the cousins franks house, the blurry part on the right is ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE A PALM TREE!  crazy!  thats how lo-fi this was!!  i was thinking of adding it in, but the scene is so rarely accessed each gameplay.  My focus was trying to expose the pin2dmd owner to some great color in scenes they see often - gaining some exposure to the awesome work Dtante did because the opening scene is so nice, but only certain scenes live up to that grand entrance!

ubrt7bwwo2511.jpg

image.thumb.png.1e9b9c2335b90c425fc246f99440b160.png

• 4 weeks later...