Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

Hello again.
I try to learn new things every day, making use of the internet I have come to the conclusion that the proposal offered by Pcbway is the RIGHT one.

I don't like wasting anyone's time and only ask a question when I need help.

Perhaps I can offer help in other aspects, but not in electronic matters.

Again thanks you very much...

20220108_123234.jpg

20220108_155624.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The display is turning this strange color whenever a SD card is present at boot. Colors are normal when no SD Card is present.

I have loaded latest code, reset config, and tried a few different SD cards with same result. Does anyone have an inclination of what the problem could be and where I can start looking?

PXL_20220120_193337481.MP.jpg

On 12/12/2021 at 1:09 AM, lucky1 said:

I guess your CPU is not starting up. Check all the voltages at the CPU. Especially check the voltages after L1

We had this before in this thread

Reflowing C6 solved this issue. Thanks again for your time!

On 1/20/2022 at 1:39 PM, reinkc said:

The display is turning this strange color whenever a SD card is present at boot. Colors are normal when no SD Card is present.

I have loaded latest code, reset config, and tried a few different SD cards with same result. Does anyone have an inclination of what the problem could be and where I can start looking?

PXL_20220120_193337481.MP.jpg

Something else I just noticed...even with no SD card in, it never flashes the Hardware ID or read "Not Activated" like all the others after 3 minutes. Also, on the others a file with the Hareware ID gets written to the SD Card, but not this one. Does this lead anyone to an idea of the issue?

• Content Provider

Which firmware version ? I guess the firmware image on your device is corrupted or you have a defective flash memory.

I would try to install a new image through DFU mode and see if the problem persists.

13 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Which firmware version ? I guess the firmware image on your device is corrupted or you have a defective flash memory.

I would try to install a new image through DFU mode and see if the problem persists.

I have reflashed several times, different versions as well. Which chip is the flash memory? I can try to replace it.

So I decided to try swapping the CPU myself. After lots of practice, I did it! I successfully swapped a STM32H743 with a STM32F427 on one of my 192x64 EVO boards. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again when power was applied, the BAT60 D1 diode burnt up. Is there anything else you can think of that might be causing my problem?

13 hours ago, reinkc said:

So I decided to try swapping the CPU myself. After lots of practice, I did it! I successfully swapped a STM32H743 with a STM32F427 on one of my 192x64 EVO boards. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again when power was applied, the BAT60 D1 diode burnt up. Is there anything else you can think of that might be causing my problem?

I just noticed the 3+ and GND are bridged on all these, that has to be why this is happening. Now to find where this is bridged....

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, reinkc said:

I just noticed the 3+ and GND are bridged on all these, that has to be why this is happening. Now to find where this is bridged....

The H7 generates a bridge between 3.3V and GND  because of its different pinout compared to the F4, but that should be gone if you soldered the F4 correctly.

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

The H7 generates a bridge between 3.3V and GND  because of its different pinout compared to the F4, but that should be gone if you soldered the F4 correctly.

Ok yes, I just did confirm that. I took a new board, confirmed the bridge with the HT.  Removed the HT, no bridge. Put in an F4, tested all pins good, and no bridge. Plugged in power, BAT60 didn't blow up :-). But...unfortunately...can't get into DFU mode. Are you confident STM32F427 should work? Thanks

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, reinkc said:

I was going to order some EVO256x64 boards from PCBWay (since I already have the CPU chips), but I noticed there isn't an option for uploading Source Code like in the video. Is the project up-to-date there?

So far no complaints from those who ordered.