Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

• Content Provider

As more and more start to order EVO PCBs fully assembled at chinese manufacturer and I get asked the same questions again and again,
I though I open a thread about questions and their solution. Please post all questions that get asked from your manufacturer during the production process here.

First of all I made a video of how to order pcbs for turnkey assembly at pcbway. Here it is ...

• lucky1 pinned this topic

Excellent idea to start this thread!

This was my first order of 5 boards to PCBWay but it was subject to a discount. They only charged me $30 for assembly. These were shipped to Canada via DHL. I ordered another 10 after this and the assembly charge was $175. The total came to $571. During the process I was asked to veryify the BOM. They will send the list back to you with a number of equivalent replacement parts. I think it is just easier for them to source some components locally. They also asked me to verify the orientation of a couple of components. I asked Lucky1 to confirm as I had no clue.

image.thumb.png.c4cb8a50f6669b3b13b168d195cfce41.png

I believe that there is a way to share the order on PCBWay so that others can basically order the exact same thing. I will see what I can find out. If anyone is using another manufacturer with better pricing, I'd be interested to hear about it. It was really easy to deal with PCBWay so for the time being I will continue to use them.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, dzorbas said:

I believe that there is a way to share the order on PCBWay so that others can basically order the exact same thing.

There is only the option to share projects, which I did. You can´t share orders afaik.

Thanks for the clarification. I think early on, when I was first placing my order, the PCBWay customer service rep was asking if I could get you to share your order. I'm guessing it was just for printing the boards, not the full assembly.

• Content Provider

I noticed that you updated the parts list a few months back. I'm not sure what copy of the files I have uploaded to PCBWay, it may have been the older ones. I keep just using my original order as a re-order so it is very simple.

Would it be better to update all the files to your new ones or am I okay to keep using the older files? You mentioned that it was a minor change in the parts list.

Anything to worry about or should I just upload the latest ones?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

good, I have a doubt in the part of the pcb assembly.  After a field that is assembly slide, in that field is not to put both side? is that I saw some images of pin2dmd and on top it has the chips and the rest of the electronic components like smd capacitors and smd resistors, but the pcb has a connector that is underneath. this connector underneath fits the led panel. it's easy to flash the firmware how do you do it ?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, PedroFilipe said:

to put the firmware on the 128x32 evo pcb i have to connect the mini usb cable to the display,

but besides that I have to supply the display with an external 12 volt source certain ?

Yes

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, PedroFilipe said:

thanks, there is some pin2dmd pcb for led panel 128x32 for williams that is small, the size is in the image ?

pin2dmd.thumb.JPG.9dfabfaedb28dff36f40e3142ef8d467.JPG

That is a custom board germangamingsupplies used in the early days for the first pin2dmd XL. It is not used anymore and has been replaced by the EVO pcbs.