Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
11 hours ago, nappis said:

Hi everybody!

I’m trying to make my first 128x32 evo order from pcbway. I followed lucky1 video and got bom file back with several component swap. Please, could somebody check those suggestions that they are ok?T-1Y5W462824A-5sets-128x32-BOM(2022-11-16).xls

Why do you want to outsource the work you can do yourself ? Load the datasheets of the original and the replacement and compare. If you find a difference serach this thread if the questions has already been asked and if not you can ask a specific question. 

The idea wasn’t to get ”too easy” with these or anything like that. Allready tried to search. Actually I have investigated quite a lot to get in this point. If I would outsource it would be more easy just buy a plug’n’play device.

Maybe I don’t trust for myself with these things enough… ? Quite frustrating to put several hundreds and then it doesn’t work because of one false component.

Well, time to start searching data sheets…

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, lucky1 said:

Thanks to the member of the community Jarek we successfully tested 

Geehy APM32F407VGT6 on the EVO 128x32 boards as a replacement for the

STM32F4xx MCUs. As far as we can say from the tests the Geehy APM32F407VGT6 

is pin and binary compatible to the STM chip and should cost between 20 - 25$.

Will DfuSe Demo 3.06 work with these MCU's the same as the STM32 MCU's or is another program required?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, SpaceGambler said:

Will DfuSe Demo 3.06 work with these MCU's the same as the STM32 MCU's or is another program required?

The latest 64bit pin2dmd.exe tool has DFU integrated which works well with Geehy MCUs. You may have to install a driver using zadig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2023 at 1:56 AM, reinkc said:

Does anyone know how to get the pick and placement file as a cpl.cvs type format instead of centroid? I would like to try JLCPCB to make and assemble some board but they won't take centroid format for some reason.

If you import the Eagle file into Altium, you can export one from there

Hi guys

I just had an issue with the activation number for my display.

I thought a "V" in the code was a "U", my rationale was it had straight vertical sides but I was wrong.

Luckily, Lucky1 was understanding and resent the correct code, thanks @lucky1

When i went to load the correct file onto the SDCARD I found a 0Kb file on the SDCARD that was named the same as the correct activation code.

I did not know that the display did this, a very handy thing if there is doubt on what the code should be or to simply avoid a typing error.

On further investigation the file is created on startup if the SDCARD is already installed.

I hope this is a help for others in the future.

@lucky1 - I just received my first run of Evo 128x32 boards using the Geehy APM32 processor. I was able to find and install the driver along with the DFU programmer from Geehy's site. I keep getting an error saying "the Vid or Pid of the DFU File is incorrect". The device driver loaded correctly and programmer shows connected in DFU mode. Never had any issue like this with the STM chips. I tried the x64 version of the pin2dmd.exe tool and it says:

Match vendor ID from file: 0483
Match product ID from file: df11
No DFU capable USB device available

image.thumb.png.dc7c49b7a4bc89c712e2e65d3644ecb9.png

At a bit of a loss here...

Any help, greatly appreciated!

P

46 minutes ago, dzorbas said:

I'm attempting to order some EVO 128x16 boards from PCBWay. They are asking if there is a substitute for U9 - HEF4020B. Is there an equivalent or alternate for this component?

Thanks,

Dino Z.

Some similar 14 stage binary counters that should work:

TC4020BP, CD4020BE, JM38510/05653BEA, CD4060BE, CD4060BF, CD40102B, CD40103B, CD4017B, CD4017B-MIL, CD4040B