Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, antoniomauro said:

Hi,

i've received a batch of five boards but the last one is not recognized when plugged to pc via usb.

The green led power is on

Could i check something?

Can you enter DFU mode? If not I am having the same problem. I have a post about it which lucky has replied.

If it is the same issue, could you please private message me. I am currently speaking with PCBWay about this and another separate issue. 

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

Can you enter DFU mode? If not I am having the same problem. I have a post about it which lucky has replied.

If it is the same issue, could you please private message me. I am currently speaking with PCBWay about this and another separate issue. 

Thanks

I can't enter in DFU mode. No usb device recognized at all when connected to pc
Only one failure board on a batch o five

Does anyone know a compatible replacement for part D1 in the BOM?  It is STM BAT60JFILM.  There seems to be a shortage of this part.

I found the specs here:

ST BAT60J DataSheet

And tried to filter for similar part here:

Newark part search

This is the closest I could find.  Would this work?

Infineon BAT60AE6327HTSA1

Anyone have a suggestion or better place to search?

Edited by HighVoltage

Probably Chinese contract manufacturers don't order parts from US suppliers though.  I've noticed some retail providers do have stock too, but others that don't have 6 months or more order time.

I probably need a Chinese-source supply.  I thought chances were better to find an alternative part at Chinese source.

Or were you suggesting I should order the assembly without them and add them to the delivered boards myself?  I didn't think of that, but seems like a relatively simple SMT part.  So maybe possible.

Edited by HighVoltage

Good morning.
I have received confirmation to continue manufacturing.

They has installed "Tantalum capacitor, 2u2, 20V, 3528" instead of 35V.

Any problem with this change?

I can give confirmation ok?

Thanks.

C11-part-is-20-V-BOM-neds-35-V-and-we-ju

Edited by Chesco

• Content Provider
54 minutes ago, Chesco said:

Good morning.
I have received confirmation to continue manufacturing.

They has installed "Tantalum capacitor, 2u2, 20V, 3528" instead of 35V.

Any problem with this change?

I can give confirmation ok?

Thanks.

This is a known substitution at the moment due to supply issues. Lucky has said before this will be ok.

• Content Provider
14 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

I probably need a Chinese-source supply.  I thought chances were better to find an alternative part at Chinese source.

You can do a variety of things, it just depends how soon you need your boards.

You can order from Digikey and install the part yourself when it arrives, it is fairly simple if you are good at soldering. You can find a Chinese supplier or you can order from Digikey and get it sent direct to PCBway (or from any other suppliers). It may just be shipping costs that are extra.

Have had multiple contract manufacturers tell me there is no stock.  Pointed one to DigiKey, but didn't hear back.  They're now out too, anyway.  Maybe they grabbed the rest, ha.

If anyone doesn't need all the boards in their order, I'd be interested in sharing your order.

Edited by HighVoltage

• Content Provider

If it is only the Bat60J you can replace it with a zero Ohms resistor. That powers the CPU with 3.3V instead of 3V which is also within the specs. But I think the CPU availability is also getting worse. 

Do you know one that will drop in?  I tried to find one, but didn't.  Also came across various wattage ones, wasn't sure how high that had to be either.

Do you recommend just leaving it out and then just jumper it later: I assume that's effectively the same as a 0-ohm resistor.

Edited by HighVoltage

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

Do you recommend just leaving it out and then just jumper it later

No, I recommend a 0805 zero ohm resistor beeing placed by the pick an place machine instead of the BAT60JFILM diode. Just tell pcbway to do so or change the BOM accordingly.

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, Chesco said:

Good afternoon. I have just received the Boards with the latest BOM files. In the last boards, this connector was for 12V, however, in these it appears 8-36V ... Can I connect the 12V and will it work perfectly as in the previous boards? Thanks.

http://imgfz.com/i/SMgYW8X.jpeg

8-36V is the input range of the DC-DC converter. 12V is within that range !

By my latest orde i have to pay the same amount just for the parts as i paid for the last complete order..

At the moment all is geting worse, the price for LED panels are also rising from day to day...

A week ago 13.50$ each, yesturday 15$, today 17.50$.

Bad time to produce 🙈

Yup, we are all getting hit with increases. The $8 USD processor was $28 USD this time around. LED panels have gone up in price as well. Overall costs have increased $20 to $30 USD with this last order of parts.

Then again, ColorDMD has increased their prices by $20 USD as well.

• 2 weeks later...