On 6/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, malenko said:

I actually still do plan to update this, but I will be following any guideline CB3 has for release (ie vpin free, real pin donate?) with all $$$$ going to him. If anyone donates to me for xmen I'll just send it to him.   My dilemma is do it with the 16 color limit or go hand bananas with 64 colors and break vpins for now?

2nd vote for the 64 color project.  make this project 64 colors with the assumption that their will be a fix at some point for non PIN2DMD users.

their is not enough memory in this game to complete the project with Pinball Browser

even CB3 (assuming J_M is CB3)    mentioned that he almost  ran out of memory by coloring 3 scenes

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/82

I suggest you eliminate Pinball Browser and just do a full 64 color project with an UNMODED rom.

VPin users can either upgrade to the PIN2DMD or wait until the fix is available.

• Content Provider

Pinball browser isnt capable of really coloring any game, I paid the money for it, to support the dev; but the changes I wanted to use it for where already done by fatpanda at pinside.

If I step up to the 64 color mode, I wont have to redo what @cb3has done ; well some of it maybe  but most of it will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Reading through the thread.  Is it still the case that colormask doesn't work with X-men coloring? 

I was able to color the Xmen logo and add it to the project with the replace option.  Any colormasking I tried did not work... 

• Content Provider

With 64 colors there is no problem to use Colormask with sources which have 16 shades like Stern SAM machines. You need to convert the project to 64 colors.

Edited by lucky1

• 1 month later...

Is anyone working on X-men?   I have been working on it and I have a few problems.   

I am using a real pinball, LE Wolverine with the most upto date rom of 1.51.  

Looking through the project files.   I was trying to get the match sequence to trigger.  The project files already had it colored and keyframed.   I could never get it to trigger.  

I compared my dump file to the project dump files.  The match sequence is not the same color pattern.   I even tried re-cutting the match scene from another dump provided in the project.  If I apply the match palette to that newly cut match scene, it matches exactly the previous coloring from the original dump cut. 

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen?  Maybe dump differences come from real vs vpin dumps?  Or rom revisions?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, FishTales10 said:

Is anyone working on X-men?   I have been working on it and I have a few problems.   

I am using a real pinball, LE Wolverine with the most upto date rom of 1.51.  

Looking through the project files.   I was trying to get the match sequence to trigger.  The project files already had it colored and keyframed.   I could never get it to trigger.  

I compared my dump file to the project dump files.  The match sequence is not the same color pattern.   I even tried re-cutting the match scene from another dump provided in the project.  If I apply the match palette to that newly cut match scene, it matches exactly the previous coloring from the original dump cut. 

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen?  Maybe dump differences come from real vs vpin dumps?  Or rom revisions?

Could you attach or provide some dump files showing the problem ?