10 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

thanks any chance we can get a diff patch file instead of the macros,  for all of us that don't have a registered version of PinballBrowser

Absolutely, if someone is willing to walk me through how to create one?

OK I opened pinball browser click macros brought in the pbm file then I clicked on display brought in the rom then
in the display area I click on save as and saved the rom --- is the correct way to do this?
The rom size before 32,405kb and the rom size after 32,512kb is this the correct size?

I keep getting this error....
'bsdiff' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

All files have to be in the same folder.
Did you unblock it?

Did you run it from cmd line using following parameters:

Bsdiff.exe oldfile newfile patchfile

@Dazz

hopefully he can update his patch utility to include making diff files

as Rappelbox  mentioned the diff.exe,  Moded rom and default rom need to be in the same folder

here is a step by step to manually patch your rom

its the same process to make a diff 

step 3  you just use Bsdiff instead of bspatch in your command line 

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/rom-patching/

just make sure you have a backup of your modded rom, just incase you turn your colored rom into a default rom.

Thank you 
 How did you get it so you could make the file -- .diff..
 I've been trying but no go

Plus this question
OK I opened pinball browser click macros brought in the pbm file then I clicked on display brought in the rom then
in the display area I click on save as and saved the rom --- is the correct way to do this?
The rom size before 32,405kb and the rom size after 32,512kb is this the correct size?

1 hour ago, outhere said:

To have any of this right?

All these file are in the same folder

E:\Roms\vpuniverse\bsdiff_win_exe>bsdiff.exe xmn_151h.bin XMLE1-51.bin XMN_151h.pbm

change  XMN_151h.pbm  to XMN_151.diff

in order to make a diff you must have a MODDED rom   

in PinballBrowser

you are suppose to open the macro and then run the macro from the same menu

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, outhere said:

Thank you 
 How did you get it so you could make the file -- .diff..
 I've been trying but no go

Plus this question

I would be the only one who can make the .diff file.  I have the modded rom.

If you ran the macros (.pbm) with a new rom then you would be creating the modded rom from that.  I guess you can only do this with a licensed version of pinball browser, which I didn't know until today....lol

I believe you did the process right the way you explained it.

Yes - I downloaded the other files last night and have a licensed version of pinball browser as of today
Looks like I have the pinball browser figured out..
OK I opened pinball browser click on display brought in the rom then click macros brought in the pbm file then
click run in macro then click on save file
But I'm not doing something right with this

I do the 1st line below then I hit enter and  then --> xmn_151h pops up But I have no file   -- All these file are in the same folder

E:\Roms\vpuniverse\bsdiff_win_exe>bsdiff.exe xmn_151h.bin XMLE1-51.bin XMN_151h.diff

xmn_151h

• Administrators
On 5/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, Pinballuser said:

@Dazz

hopefully he can update his patch utility to include making diff files

as Rappelbox  mentioned the diff.exe,  Moded rom and default rom need to be in the same folder

here is a step by step to manually patch your rom

its the same process to make a diff 

step 3  you just use Bsdiff instead of bspatch in your command line 

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/rom-patching/

just make sure you have a backup of your modded rom, just incase you turn your colored rom into a default rom.

I haven't been following along... What kind of changes/updates are needed?

The patcher has a tab at the top to Create Diff... is that what you are looking for?  Or do we need a tool specifically for ROM patching (bsdiff/bspatch)?

3 hours ago, Dazz said:

I haven't been following along... What kind of changes/updates are needed?

The patcher has a tab at the top to Create Diff... is that what you are looking for?  Or do we need a tool specifically for ROM patching (bsdiff/bspatch)?

the bsdiff.exe is used to make a diff in the same way the bspatch is used to patch your rom

Their are not allot of people that will use this option, but it will be nice to have a tool that can do both.

can you update so that the patching tool has a "Make Patching Diff" tab;  with the options to select

"Official ROM.bin (Unzipped)  ---> path to  your Official rom

"Modded ROM.bin (Unzipped)  ---> path to  your Modded rom

"New Patching Diff Name here"  (* Please include .diff to the end of your name)  -->   New diff created in your Difs  or patching tool folder

If you have a licensed version of pinball browser you will not need a .diff file. 

1. Open up pinball browser
  2. load your original ROM
  3. In the SAM tab check extend memory
  4. Save the rom as XMN_151h and exit pinball browser
  5. Rename the .pbm file XMN_151h and place into the same folder where your new rom is
  6. Re-Open pinball browser 
  7. In the MACROS tab now you should see a lot of text in the window, hit the "run" button (looks like a play button)
  8. Save rom and exit pinball browser
  9. zip up rom and place in your rom folder in vpinmame
  10. Rename the .vni & .pal files to pin2dmd and place in the correct alt_color folder in vpinmame
  11. Enjoy, Cheers!

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

the bsdiff.exe is used to make a diff in the same way the bspatch is used to patch your rom

Their are not allot of people that will use this option, but it will be nice to have a tool that can do both.

can you update so that the patching tool has a "Make Patching Diff" tab;  with the options to select

"Official ROM.bin (Unzipped)  ---> path to  your Official rom

"Modded ROM.bin (Unzipped)  ---> path to  your Modded rom

"New Patching Diff Name here"  (* Please include .diff to the end of your name)  -->   New diff created in your Difs  or patching tool folder

Ok, it's been a while since I created the patcher.... So, hopefully this will work.  I don't have the necessary files to test with.  Would you be willing to test this out?  This one is like the table patcher... has a tab to apply an existing patch and another to create the patch.

VPUColorROMPatcher_v.02.rar