• Content Provider
30 minutes ago, adamstillman said:

looks great. question.... are you coloring this on a specific rom?? .. or should i say, pro or LE?

That shouldnt matter. if the frame checksums are the same between the versions they'll work.  When he has to use pinball editor for the dynmaic scenes, then it'll be an issue.

Really good usage of color in the "multi mutant scenes" it gets tricky with such a limited palette. I get stuck with the ninjaturtles cause they are green and yellow and each turtle has their own specific color and mikey's gear cant blend in with his undershell ?

51 minutes ago, cb3 said:

I'm using the LE rom.

I am re-thinking this as I believe the Pro rom  plays bettter then the LE.  

Can anyone tell me off-hand what the big differences are between the two?

Like Malenko said this will not be an issue until I get to the Pinball Browser portion of coloring, I'm probably a few weeks away yet from that.

I"m pretty sure that you can color the Pro rom

export the macro

and run the macro on the LE rom

any changes you made to the Pro rom will be applied to the LE rom.

then just release a patch for each the LE and the Pro roms.

this is how the color is applied to the rom updates,

the only thing you need to find out is if the LE has unique scenes not found on the Pro rom.

and this problem applies to the PIN2DMD editor project as well as those replacement scenes need to be added

• 1 month later...

The first Beta version is uploaded in the downloads section, the read me will tell you what's been colored thus far.  I have only been working within the editor to this point so none of the dynamic content scenes have been colored, I am still planning on coloring as much as possible in the editor and will finish up the last remaining frames in Pinball Browser.  To date I have colored 6,442 frames for this project!  Enjoy!  Feedback is welcome!

wow, thats a lot of frames to color.. do you by chance keep a time log on how long you spend on projects??

looks great too, im using this on the LE table, ( because theres a vpx version ) and it appears to work ok, i will try it later with a pro ( PM5 version ).

I don't keep a time log maybe I should....lol

This should work on the LE table as well, I use the Pro table because the LE version I have the lights on the playfield do not work correctly and that's a big deal for this game especially where you need the lights to line up shots like combos and some of the hero modes.

• Administrators
On 3/14/2019 at 2:49 PM, cb3 said:

The first Beta version is uploaded in the downloads section, the read me will tell you what's been colored thus far.  I have only been working within the editor to this point so none of the dynamic content scenes have been colored, I am still planning on coloring as much as possible in the editor and will finish up the last remaining frames in Pinball Browser.  To date I have colored 6,442 frames for this project!  Enjoy!  Feedback is welcome!

Thank you very much for your work and uploading these!

On 2/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, cb3 said:

I am re-thinking this as I believe the Pro rom  plays bettter then the LE.  

Can anyone tell me off-hand what the big differences are between the two?

Like Malenko said this will not be an issue until I get to the Pinball Browser portion of coloring, I'm probably a few weeks away yet from that.

The LE has color changing GI, moving Iceman ramp, a turntable, and nightcrawlers (like Medeival Madness' trolls). 

What is it you don't like about our table exactly?  We worked quite hard on it.  :)

6 hours ago, DJRobX said:

What is it you don't like about our table exactly?  We worked quite hard on it.  :)

Hey Rob, long time no speak!   lol

I probably don't have your version of the table, the one I had for the LE table the playfield lights did not work correctly so I was having trouble getting through the modes for the dump files.  I would be more than excited to try your table Rob can you point me to the link for download?  lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am excited to share that I just finished my first "exclusive" animation for X-men!  I colored and incorporated a scene into the attract mode that I am very proud of.  I did not create the artwork.  It is an unused scene near as I can tell from the ROM, I just recreated it in the editor and keyframed it.  It will only appear with this colorization.  Still moving along with this 75% of the replacement scenes are finished.  Once the replacement scenes are done, I will have just a handful of dynamic content to color in Pinball Browser.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just completed the first dynamic content scene of the project and the first scene to incorporate pinball browser into the project.....special thanks as always to DJrobX and Lucky1 for  helping me navigate through the pinball browser you guys are the best!  Enjoy Colossus!

ColossusMatch.gif

15 hours ago, adamstillman said:

what do you think of pinball browser?

It has it's pros and cons, apparently we found a little bug in it so it's not communicating properly with VPX which is causing me to have to do redundant steps in the editor as far as dumps and keyframing.  As long as I can make my vision for this project a reality I'll take it though....lol