10 hours ago, Dazz said:

Ok, it's been a while since I created the patcher.... So, hopefully this will work.  I don't have the necessary files to test with.  Would you be willing to test this out?  This one is like the table patcher... has a tab to apply an existing patch and another to create the patch.

VPUColorROMPatcher_v.02.rar 705.56 kB · 6 downloads

version 01 is looking for patches with extensions of .diff

and version .02 is looking for patches with extensions of .dif

version 2 needs to be changed to make and look for patches with extensions of .diff

or all the patches that are currently available will no longer be compatible with VPUpatcher v02

Capture.PNG

On 5/8/2019 at 1:48 PM, cb3 said:

Wrong Colors

What make I wrong. VPU Patcher makes no new ROM File.

bspatch XP_V1-51.bin XP_V1-51h.bin XMN_151h_cb3.diff

zip to xmn_151h.zip works

The 2 pin2dmd.pal and vni are in the right folder

but the most colors are wrong, Many colors are pink

Please help me

wrongcolor1.jpg

5 hours ago, coolball said:

What make I wrong. VPU Patcher makes no new ROM File.

bspatch XP_V1-51.bin XP_V1-51h.bin XMN_151h_cb3.diff

zip to xmn_151h.zip works

The 2 pin2dmd.pal and vni are in the right folder

but the most colors are wrong, Many colors are pink

Please help me

your

bin name --> xmn_151hc.bin

zip name --> xmn_151hc.zip

pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vni  should be in -->    VPinMAME\altcolor\xmn_151hc

and you need to updated the script on the table.   if you dont know the names of the bin or zip,  you should always check in PINMAME

Capture.PNG

Are you using VPUColorRomPatcher?

1. Official Rom: LE version from Stern

2. Color Rom Patch: XMN_151h_cb3.diff

3. .zip name: xmn_151h.bin or xmn_151hc.bin (whatever name you use needs to be the same in the table script, I use xmn_151h.bin)

4. Place rom in vpinmame folder

5. Load the .vni & .pal files in the CORRECT alt_color folder for the rom you are using and rename both pin2dmd)

6. Enjoy table!

On 5/8/2019 at 1:48 PM, cb3 said:

XMN_151h

Thanks for your help.

I has use the false rom to patch.

I download the right rom now and make patch bin with this order

bspatch XMLE1-51.bin xmn_151h.bin XMN_151h_cb3.diff

the I zipped the bin file to xmn_151h.zip and copied into to my rom Folder.

I tested with VPUColorROMPatcher_v02.exe but this does not work with .diff. I renamed the diff to dif and it works but it was no new bin file created.

When I play with the new rom, I have in one game right colors and sometimes wrong colors, strange. Prof X has a green jacket and sec. later pink. Magneto has a red suit and suddenly pink, Colossus metall body is silver and suddenly pink and silver.

XWrong.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Content Provider

You have to message CB3 for the real files.

@cb3  I tried to patch the Stern rom with your diff file and update my game but it failed the update. Anything fancy I have to do other than apply the dif file?

EDIT!  This is a known issue with pinball browser edited files.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pFMitFrv1A0/X57e8JKUA_I/AAAAAAABrI0/JHh09FkJNt05-pRtadKKMRjbmWRItWB_QCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-11-01.jpg

• 5 months later...

Good morning all,

So I am no longer receiving email notifications when someone contacts me on this site for some reason? 

I had many unread messages this morning I tried to respond to all I could, I apologize for the delay. 

I will try to remember and check in to the site weekly but I cannot guarantee this unfortunately, I more than likely will not be responding to inquiries about updates to my colorizations.  If one happens in the future I will post the news here first.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

I actually still do plan to update this, but I will be following any guideline CB3 has for release (ie vpin free, real pin donate?) with all $$$$ going to him. If anyone donates to me for xmen I'll just send it to him.   My dilemma is do it with the 16 color limit or go hand bananas with 64 colors and break vpins for now?

On 6/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, malenko said:

I actually still do plan to update this, but I will be following any guideline CB3 has for release (ie vpin free, real pin donate?) with all $$$$ going to him. If anyone donates to me for xmen I'll just send it to him.   My dilemma is do it with the 16 color limit or go hand bananas with 64 colors and break vpins for now?

Go whole hog! 😁

I know a few people that loved the work that CB3 did but told me there were some issues with real pins. One guy decided to get a different DMD 😔 but told me it things could get sorted out, he would happily replace it with a PIN2DMD again as he thought CB3's colour work was better!