RetroFlair - Bam Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX)
Version: 1.8 (Jan 2023)
This is Rom's classic Future Pinball table the lets us jam to classic Arcade and Amiga tunes.
I have updated it to my BAM Edition and PinEvent V2 mod to use the newest BAM features to create an amazing real-time visual treat with cool new additions, as well as excellent new mechanical sounds from FLEEP!
See cool features such as the new PAC-MAN, Outrun, and Speedball modes. New mesh inserts, new RGB G.I. lighting effects, real beacon and spotlights, new shadowmaps, ray cast shadows, and more.
This table has been fully updated with FizX for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball. You will be amazed at the difference!
This table is also updated to fully support PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD). It has modern PUP DMD display options that can work with all setups. With it's crisp HD text and dazzling videos, it's sure to wow everyone who sees it.
For a video walkthrough of the updates, new features, and all game modes, watch here:
Thanks to these awesome contributors:
ROM: original RetroFlair table build
TerryRed: BAM Edition table update, PinEvent V2, FizX
Schlabber34: insert jewel images
FLEEP: mechanical sounds
JLou: FizX and support
ravarcade: BAM and support
Nailbuster: Pinup Player, PUP DMD, PUP SSF support
Chris Leathley: Future Pinball
This table is a fan-made work of passion, and is NOT intended for commercial usage or to be included in any part of a commercial sale!
This table is 4 player.
Desktop Static Camera Views
Press C to cycle through BAM's Desktop Static camera views (if using the included CFG file)
RGB Animated G.I. Lighting
Special 1 or Special 2 key will toggle between Default G.I., and RGB G.I. that will cycle through all colours. This can be done at anytime during gameplay.
BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:
this table was created to look best with the new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows
this feature is ENABLED on the table script by default
this feature requires a fast video card, and will use much more of your GPU
if the table doesn’t run smooth, then your PC may not be fast enough to handle this feature (and you should disable it)
To disable this feature, you MUST “first” disable it in TABLE OPTIONS (in the table script), AND in the BAM menu “afterward” while playing
open BAM menu (~ or Q by default), and goto "Addons - Configure Ball and Shadows"
BAM Menu - Light and Post Processing settings:
BAM Lighting and Post Processing settings are set by the table script and will ALWAYS override the user's settings
this is required to ensure that all lighting is set correctly at all times.
Physics: FizX v2.0
TABLE REQUIREMENTS (very important!)
All Visual C++ updates (to allow BAM to work properly)
an easy All-in-One Installer can be found here (reboot after installing):
Future Pinball and BAM (1.5-357 or higher) is REQUIRED to play this table!
for new installs, you can get a 2 in 1 installer at ravarcade’s site (link is below)
****** Don't assume you have the latest BAM. If in doubt, update it! ******
How to “update” BAM:
backup your entire BAM folder (located at Future Pinball \ BAM)
download the latest BAM update from ravarcade’s site (link below)
confirm the file is NOT blocked by Windows! (right-click file, check Properties)
if using the zip file to update, extract and replace all files in the BAM folder
if using the installer, you MUST set the installer to your FP install location (it may not have the correct path!)
after updating, you MUST install my “BAM settings” files from my FP and BAM Mega Guide (read more below, link to the guide is farther down)
if you have your own custom BAM settings, recopy those instead from your BAM backup folder (BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg) to your BAM folder
TerryRed’s "BAM Settings" (proper default view for cabinets, better static desktop views, etc)
I highly recommend you install my "BAM Settings" files, if you have never done so before!
I recommend you reinstall them AFTER updating BAM (the BAM update replaces them!)
download my "Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide" zip file (link is below)
open the zip file for the setup you have (BAM settings for Cabinet.zip, or BAM settings for Desktop.zip)
extract the files (BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg) into the BAM folder (overwrite the current files)
****** 4 GB patch is REQUIRED for both Future Pinball and BAM! ******
some tables REQUIRE that FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe (BAM) be patched to allow them to access 4 GB of ram (by default they can only access 2 GB ram)
if you have updated BAM, I recommend applying the patch to both files again (to be sure they are both patched)
You can get the app to patch them at this link here:
I HIGHLY recommend you read my page that explains how to do the patching here (very easy!):
Future Pinball Video Settings and Editor Settings:
- you MUST have the correct Video and Editor settings for this table to work correctly!
- I have included a picture of these settings in the table's zip file
Run FPLoader.exe in BAM folder to play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe:
- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
- some people have needed to run FPLoader.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent crashing
TerryRed's Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide
This has a FAQ with answers to most problems, and other helpful info, and has essential settings files:
TABLE file: “Retroflair - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent, FizX).fpt”
this goes in your “Future Pinball \ Tables” folder
CFG file: “Retroflair - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent, FizX).cfg”
this goes in your “BAM \ CFG” folder
it gives cabinet users a proper cabinet POV
it gives desktop users new static camera views (press C to cycle through them)
it must be named the same as the table file to work!
this is only needed if using PUP DMD or PUP SSF
this goes in your “PUPVideos” folder
in the PuP-Pack folder, run the “Option” BAT file that matches your setup
1K Physics Ball
this is used to allow more accurate physics with the table
this table was designed for use with this ball model
read the FizX section for more information on how to install this file!
********** HOW TO PLAY THE TABLE **********
only use FPLoader.exe (this is BAM) in the BAM folder to load and play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe
don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePinball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility if having crashing problems
ALWAYS completely close Future Pinball after exiting a table, or loading another table
Future Pinball needs to start “fresh” every time you load or start a table!
Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file.
It tells you everything you need to know, has a very helpful FAQ, and has lots of pretty pictures!
Again, read the FAQ and the Install Instructions in the table's zip file!
1.8 - FizX physics and Ball Rolling Sound updates and fixes
- updated FizX physics code to change how ball ID's are handled to prevent conflicts
- updated FizX physics code for more efficient Rubber bounce handling
- updated Ball Rolling Sound code to change how ball ID's are tracked to prevent conflicts
- removed old PUPRollingUpdateTimer commands that are no longer used (would give an error if PinEvent Settings were forced to be disabled)
1.7 - FizX v2.0 hotfix, settings, profiles, fps changes
- updated to JLou's newest FizX v2.0 code
- added JLou's bug fix for ball falling into 2nd or 3rd set of flippers
- new FizX code no longer requires flipper Swing Angle to be specified in the FizX Flipper settings!
- FizX slingshots, drop targets, rubbers are now set in the FizX General Settings section (not in a FizX Profile)
- FizX XML_FPS is now set in its own section
- updated FizX Profiles to only change FizX Flipper settings
- there are no longer FizX Profiles used for different physics xml settings
- any settings needed for a different PHYSICS XML FPS is now set in the FizX FPS settings section
BAM Edition v1.6
- added xBAM.FixScore to prevent any possible score overflow crashes
- updated table and physics to FizX v2.0 (now use 1K Physics ball model zip file)
- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no more smoke ball rolling code)
- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX auto hit events based on PF materials
- added more FLEEP mechanical sounds to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events
- this allows for amazing new dynamic mechanical and SSF sounds for the entire table!
BAM Edition v1.5
- updates to the table, layout, code, sound, music, items, lighting, models, etc
- removed older items / surfaces / lights no longer used
- adjusted table geometry to allow for better ball flow
- updated BAM lighting and post processing
- updated entire table's G.I. and lighting
- new insert models, lighting, textures, normal maps, decals
- new shadowmaps for G.I and flashers (made to work properly with ray cast ball shadows)
- new FLEEP mechanical sounds
- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added PinEvent V2 support for DOF, SSF, PUP DMD, PUP Stream, TILT BOB, etc
- added TABLE OPTIONS to customize many things on startup, and for performance, etc.
- added new RGB lighting option for G.I.
- added Drain and Tilt Red colour changes to inserts, and added light sequences
- adjusted bumper colours and images to match the PacMan ghosts
- added option to not play intro music
- new RGB flashers (on the slingshots) that change colour to match the game's progress
- new Pac-Man mode! (eat pills, avoid ghosts to eat Power Pill, then hit Bumpers to eat ghosts)
- new Custom Balls for Default, and Pac-Man
- new Speedball mode (hit all Opponent targets, then avoid random Opponent and get the Power Ball)
- new Outrun mode (avoid cars, hit Checkpoint ramp 3 times to change Outrun tunes to complete the mode)
- new marquee images for left sign that change for each tune
- added side rails for cabinet views
- lots of other updates and details I can't keep track of