Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Ah so glad to see UltraDMD support. Very cool.

I was pretty sure that ALL software that is supported by pindmd2 will also work with

PIN2DMD. The only thing that could happen is, that instead of the USB VID/PID the software

checks for additional fields. But that is doesn´t seem to be the case.

Great, now supports ultradmd. What are the steps to put roms in full color?

There are different ways to achieve that.

1. The source files (gif etc) already have a 16 color palette you can use to upload

and get the trigger for the startframe to activate it from the editor.

2. You record a session using USBpcap driver, colorize the scenes in the editor,

and get the trigger for the startframe to activate the palette generated.

3. Maybe you can upload all needed palettes and activate the needed one from the script

before you start the scene (to be tested). Maybe a little extension to Ultradmd to pass

a custom command to PIN2DMD is needed. I don´t know if Ultradmd can open&close the USB connection

during gameplay. Maybe someone could ask the author of ultradmd.

• Content Provider

steve can u add to an animation  beside color? looking forward from turning my hook from a 16 to a 32 size

Currently the 16row panels are not supported for input, because we don´t have a machine to test and implement

it. Same with 64x192 panels.

yes but you should use the link posted here in this thread, not the one officially described on the website. If it not works for you please wait for an official release.

br Steve

OK,

thank you for your answers  :)

• Content Provider

For vPINmame palette, is it always using the default pallet(0) which is multple colors.   How would I switch to one of the other palettes, like red or green or blue that I see defined in the source code?  Is there an input pin that could be use to cycle/change the active palette?

• Content Provider

SD Card use with a VPin Cab:

You need one, when you want to save the actual color selection with a VPin cab.

When you set your DMD to single color "red" and there is no SD-card in, you get the RGB color after next reset from the controller (reset = lose of 5V power or with the black reset button on board).

Then you have to set the color again with the Pin2DMD.exe tool.

Randr looks great man!!

anyone planning on replacing a real dmd to this setup... I would for sure recommend randr's last post on how he mounted the panels...

the frame i'm working on will be best used in a custom speaker panel with a custom sized viewing hole for the new size of these panels..... 

• Content Provider

tonight I finished the last PCBs from the 1st round breakout PCBs

166 solder points for each PCB...

a total from 3320 solder points!

It was an honor for me, to manufacture the PCBs for this great community.

some impressions for you

Last 6 PCBs from rev 1.1 PreOrder

with feets for the swedish guys

one of the last orders... for a guy in Argentina

a possible change for the future, 1 small switch to select the source and a screw terminal for the external 5V DC.

Test with screw Terminal and switch for 5V source just more zoom

best regards

Sascha

• Content Provider

I´m glad that you´re satisfied with our product randr. Great work UncleSash ! I think some members here need a BeerMe button :-) 

@Randr Did you saw the frame by hand or what did you use ? Which real pinballs Do you have for testing ?

Lucky1

Archived