[New VP10 Alert] Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982) VPW

Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982) VPW

In the darkened hall, the pinball's eerie call,
A haunted house awaits, where ghostly thrills enthrall.

VPW proudly presents our 13th blender toolkit based table (spoooooky)! It was just over a month ago that Apophis challenged Cyberpez with a scary proposition: update his Haunted House table with the latest techniques by Halloween. From there they summoned otherworldly powers of Rothbauerw and Tomate and the team found a way through the darkness with nothing but the glow of the pinball to light their way. 

VPW TEAM
Cyberpez - Table maker, blender builder, and seance medium
Apophis - Script toiler, undertaker
Rothbauerw - Physics master, magician
Tomate - Blender, baker, chef
Hauntfreaks - Sideshow artist
Sixtoe - Dust collector
Testers – PinStratsDan, Primetime5k, BountyBob, passion4pins, bietekwiet, somatik, nFozzy, TastyWasps, Wylte, bord, Studlygoorite

Notes:

• Use the in-game option menu to view many spooky options! Hold down both magnasave buttons before starting a game to open the menu.
  • Yes, you need to use the magnasave buttons to operate flippers in the attic and basement, however you can optionally choose to use just normal flippers (at the risk of being cursed for life, so beware). 
  • Update your DOF config if you want to enjoy some minor enhancements

I'm having an issue with the grandfather clock sound on the upper top playfield. It's crackling like it's clipping from being turned up too loud. This same sound in other emulated versions of this table such as Farsight Pinball Arcade or the real table sound fine, no crackling or distortion. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Edited by GordonJames

Thanks for sharing this table!

I’m experiencing a small issue though. My DOF LED flashers are way too bright. It’s like my brightness settings in DOF config tool are being ignored. Any idea why? I haven’t experienced this with other tables before.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Anartzy said:

I can't get the table to work. It's as if it doesn't have the rom but it does. Is there any solution? Thanks so much.

do you have both roms or just the 7 digit? You need the base hh.zip as well as hh7.zip if running 7 digit. If running 6 digit you need hh.zip

On 12/15/2023 at 7:45 PM, Cliffy said:

do you have both roms or just the 7 digit? You need the base hh.zip as well as hh7.zip if running 7 digit. If running 6 digit you need hh.zip

Thank you. then I check it. I do have the hh, I don't know about the hh7. I hope that's it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Awesome table as usual. However, I cannot get the normal flippers to work. It appears none of my script changes are updating the table. Not sure if it is a table issue or my version of vpx.  

Updated: Just played around with this and other newer VPW tables. It is just this table where the script changes do not take effect. Am I missing something?

Solved: pressed magna save buttons together to get new on screen menu. I was able to change and save settings that way. I dont have magna save buttons so I tried to avoid this but worked with my keyboard.

So now you know.... 

Edited by Pinballerx

17 hours ago, EJC said:

Flippers in upper and lower level won't work for me.  Is there something that I missed.

It's default to magna save buttons. You can press both magna save buttons in game and it will bring up a menu and from there you can change to normal flipper mode if you don't have magna save buttons set up. To find which buttons your magna save are set to go into vpx and see how they are mapped. You can change as needed. I needed to use my wireless keyboard because I do not have enough buttons for magna save on my cab.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to whomever discovered the fix with the Flippers upper and lower.

I knew it had to be something built-in to work like the original. I have an ALP and the controller is limited in keys. I like to keep my nudges in place, and so rebinding the R/L nudge to

Magnas isn't an option for me. (at least until I can figure out how to do it on a per-table basis.)

I really quite enjoy this table and although I didn't play the original vintage one, this is truly an amazing experience.

23 hours ago, PacketNarc said:

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to whomever discovered the fix with the Flippers upper and lower.

I knew it had to be something built-in to work like the original. I have an ALP and the controller is limited in keys. I like to keep my nudges in place, and so rebinding the R/L nudge to

Magnas isn't an option for me. (at least until I can figure out how to do it on a per-table basis.)

I really quite enjoy this table and although I didn't play the original vintage one, this is truly an amazing experience.

Don't you have a wireless keyboard set up?  In VPX options you can set the magnas to whatever you want. Keep your keys the way they are and use a wireless keyboard to enter the menu/magna save buttons and you can change the flippers to "normal flippers" and your regular flippers will work. AKA "Lazy Flippers"

Edited by Pinballerx

11 hours ago, Pinballerx said:

Don't you have a wireless keyboard set up?  In VPX options you can set the magnas to whatever you want. Keep your keys the way they are and use a wireless keyboard to enter the menu/magna save buttons and you can change the flippers to "normal flippers" and your regular flippers will work. AKA "Lazy Flippers"

Oh sure, of course I do (and this is what I did.)

It just never occurred to me to read the frickin' table script and see the instructions were right there in front of my eyes ! 

It stays pretty dark in the pinroom and I hate turning the lights on to use that tiny little Logitech K600 :)

10 hours ago, PacketNarc said:

Oh sure, of course I do (and this is what I did.)

It just never occurred to me to read the frickin' table script and see the instructions were right there in front of my eyes ! 

It stays pretty dark in the pinroom and I hate turning the lights on to use that tiny little Logitech K600 :)

I hear ya, I had a little wireless that caused all kinds of havoc. I finally upgraded to another mini handheld and the backlight on it is good and it doesnt click and drag things and delete things randomly like my old one.