[New VP10 Alert] Godzilla (Sega 1998) VPW

Godzilla (Sega 1998) VPW

"The Meanest, Greenest Game on the Street"

The Godzilla pinball machine was released in August 1998 by SEGA. The game is based on the Godzilla movie released earlier that year by TriStar Pictures.  Godzilla was the last pinball machine manufactured by SEGA before shutting down their pinball operations.

This virtual project started out with incredibly detailed specifications of the physical and visual dimensions of the SEGA machine from EBisLit.  Of course, who can turn those specifications into gold?  Mr. Sixtoe himself, the grandmaster of blueprints, schematics and more.

Next some initial scripting / foundation objects were added by TastyWasps and Apophis which leads into the STUNNING blender toolkit 3D renders from Tomate which highlights the massive Godzilla sculpt in this table that may be one of the largest sculpts ever made in pinball history.

The tail end of the project (no pun intended) consists of laborious detail into each aspect of the machine to play as close to the real thing as possible with help from EBisLit's experience and other play testers' input.

The collaboration of so many passionate authors, creators, scripters, artists, testers, etc. have truly made this project come to life in the digital medium.

VPW TEAM
--------
TastyWasps - Project Lead, nFozzy, Fleep, toolkit script-side integration, VR room
Apophis - Project Lead, toolkit script-side integration, various scripting tweaks, mentoring
Tomate - Graphics modeling and rendering
Sixtoe - Table full scratch build and various scripting, VR support
Iaakki - Scripting tweaks
EBisLit - Playfield, plastics, inserts & 3d scans with measurements
ClarkKent - Playfield Stitch
Niwak - Blender Toolkit
HauntFreaks – Backglass image
Testing - PinStratsDan, BountyBob, Bietekwiet, Studlygoorite, Smaug, Bord, VPW Team 
Toxie - VPX and pushing out the newest 10.8 as a beta so we could release. 

Also, a big thanks to the original SEGA team for the original Godzilla pinball machine.

• Content Provider
46 minutes ago, LANFEUSTER said:

Hi,

Very good table, the physics seems very realistic 👍
I have just one problem when i set Altsound option to 2 (Pinsound), the table won't load.

Pinsound isn't compatible with x64 programs, so you'll have to choose to either run VPX/VPM in 32bit or not use Pinsound

6 hours ago, yid4lyf said:

Amazing table but i just have a problem. I cant get the ball to launch. Any ideas what i can do to fix it

the same for me 🙂 , i can increase game party with coins, but not start the game by pressing "1" on my pc

I run VPinballX64

12 minutes ago, Willybits said:

for me the shadows are messed up. using vpx 10.8 beta 5 64 bit.

Same issue on Jhonny mnemonic, but Dr Dude is 100% fine.

As you can see, they are completely black. not just the flippers, also the hand for example.

Can anyony suggest what the problem might be?

Godzilla shadows.png

So I reinstalled vpinball DirectX version (not GL) and it looks ok now!

Thanks for the awesome job

2 hours ago, yid4lyf said:

yes

I updated pinmame with the 3.6 -> PinMAME-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x64

and also the dll ->  "libpinmame-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x64"

Same result : can't start the game ! what is the key for star? it should be key  "1"

Thanks for your response

25 minutes ago, Tedcomun said:

I updated pinmame with the 3.6 -> PinMAME-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x64

and also the dll ->  "libpinmame-3.6-573-5d6459d-win-x64"

Same result : can't start the game ! what is the key for star? it should be key  "1"

Thanks for your response

EDIT: by pressing F3 key it reset the table and when the table reset the message "4 balls missing" is wrote, after the 4 balls goes down and at this moment when I push on start (key 1) it works !

25 minutes ago, Tedcomun said:

I have the table running fine in native 64 bit mode.  All my vpmame files are up tp date, so no problem there.

The problem is when I put an entry into pinup popper.  The game will not startup and complains about memory.  It won't load up IMG 57 and states that I should run 64 bit mode.  I am running 64 bit VPIN.  

It appears that Pinup Popper is just using enough resources to cause the memory problem.

Fantastic table VPW team!  Just amazing work you guys continue to push out.  

I did have a general question though -- was there something done differently with the inserts on this table compared to other tables?  I only ask because I have a cab and use Reshade SuperDepth3D to give me a 3D effect using glasses.  On this table, with Reshade enabled, all the inserts get a 3D effect applied so they appear to be hovering above the playfield.  I've never encounter this before, even on the other recent tables you've released for VPX 10.8, so was just curious.   Not looking for any fixes or anything -- was just curious if the inserts were somehow different in some way on this table to see if I can figure out what might be causing it. 

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, elmera said:

I did have a general question though -- was there something done differently with the inserts on this table compared to other tables?  I only ask because I have a cab and use Reshade SuperDepth3D to give me a 3D effect using glasses.  On this table, with Reshade enabled, all the inserts get a 3D effect applied so they appear to be hovering above the playfield.  I've never encounter this before, even on the other recent tables you've released for VPX 10.8, so was just curious.

Yes, this table uses a new method for the inserts.  I don't understand it completely, but the inserts use an "inverted camera ray in the alpha of the insert wood" in Blender; that "inverted" bit is probably why Reshade is seeing them above the plane of the pf in VPX.

The native anaglyph is much better than Reshade now (and doesn't have this bug AFAIK), if you're not afraid of downloading from GitHub actions. image-7.thumb.png.edcec4a8cb1011496536c098536f75d5.png

7 hours ago, Wylte said:

Yes, this table uses a new method for the inserts.  I don't understand it completely, but the inserts use an "inverted camera ray in the alpha of the insert wood" in Blender; that "inverted" bit is probably why Reshade is seeing them above the plane of the pf in VPX.

The native anaglyph is much better than Reshade now (and doesn't have this bug AFAIK), if you're not afraid of downloading from GitHub actions. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll give the native 3D a try again.  The main challenge in the past was you couldn't make adjustments in real-time, so was difficult to dial in.  Looking forward to giving it a try though.   Thanks