Welcome home VPinball Refugees

Wow @JamieP  That does look interesting.  Will check the game play out.  I'm a big fan of backgammon and parchisi.  Very nice woodworking.  My gf won't let me go into antique stores anymore because if I see an old hand-crafted wood box, it's coming home.   

And thanks again @Dazz for the time you've been spending on VPU.  Much appreciated.  And if you're ever in Cleveland there's a very fun disk course right by me with a cool mix of woods and some holes along Lake Erie.  Can be a tad windy.  

Cheers!  Off to see if I have an Urquell in the fridge somewhere...and to google tangentially.

JR     

• Content Provider

@mlager8  “tangentially”, I don’t even know how to say that word let alone what it means.  
@Dazz you do 3D scanning?  Matt’s and I were trying to model the characters from Simpsons kooky carnival using photos.  Not going well cause I suck at photography.  I would love to get all of these scanned somehow and we can even use the ones for Simpsons pinball party if we ever update it.  If I sent these to you would it be possible? 
maybe I will start a wip on it again, we need to get the WIP threads built up then we know we are back to business.  And somehow convince 32 to join in and get back to building

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@mlager8  “tangentially”, I don’t even know how to say that word let alone what it means.  
@Dazz you do 3D scanning?  Matt’s and I were trying to model the characters from Simpsons kooky carnival using photos.  Not going well cause I suck at photography.  I would love to get all of these scanned somehow and we can even use the ones for Simpsons pinball party if we ever update it.  If I sent these to you would it be possible? 
maybe I will start a wip on it again, we need to get the WIP threads built up then we know we are back to business.  And somehow convince 32 to join in and get back to building

Yea, I have an Einscan SP.  If I can get my hands on the toys; they can be easily scanned.

24 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Yea, I have an Einscan SP.  If I can get my hands on the toys; they can be easily scanned.

Thats awesome, what model do you have? At my job we have an einscan pro but we never purchased the texture pack so I only get mesh data. Also have not been in the office in a year with covid and all so haven't had a chance to scan anything. I was trying photogrammetry for the Simpsons toys, but they are all block color which is notoriously difficult for photo stitching. Tom @ARMYAVIATION took tons of pics with nice diffuse lighting on a white BG but I was still having trouble, honestly the einscan would make quick work of it.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, mlager8 said:

Thats awesome, what model do you have? At my job we have an einscan pro but we never purchased the texture pack so I only get mesh data. Also have not been in the office in a year with covid and all so haven't had a chance to scan anything. I was trying photogrammetry for the Simpsons toys, but they are all block color which is notoriously difficult for photo stitching. Tom @ARMYAVIATION took tons of pics with nice diffuse lighting on a white BG but I was still having trouble, honestly the einscan would make quick work of it.

We have the Einscan SP.  Pretty impressive little scanner. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, mlager8 said:

@Dazz Was not even aware of that model. The integrated turntable looks very nice

Here are a couple shots scanning a mod for Alice Cooper. 974765F7-6A4F-4BCB-A797-91A5E0EA2DCE.jpegE3C3886B-62DB-47F3-832B-BE43321D43E7.jpeg9A1B0454-E2CE-449A-BE16-0E8722EA231B.jpeg

Also a pic of the Raise3D monster printer. Honestly, I still prefer printing with my Prusa over the $6000 Raise3D.

75DD97E9-3B5B-40E9-A07B-F71E82172F1F.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Here are a couple shots scanning a mod for Alice Cooper.

Also a pic of the Raise3D monster printer. Honestly, I still prefer printing with my Prusa over the $6000 Raise3D.

Oh yeah, love my Prusa. @scottacus has one, too and recommended it when I was in the market.

@DazzThat texture camera is key, gotta convince my boss we need that... 

I have an old flashforge 3d printer which has approx 8x9x6 print volume. Not amazing these days but it gets the job done. Love to get a nice new resin printer though, the stepper height is down to the micron so very little registration marks right off the bed, no vapor bath smoothing needed. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mlager8 said:

@DazzThat texture camera is key, gotta convince my boss we need that... 

I have an old flashforge 3d printer which has approx 8x9x6 print volume. Not amazing these days but it gets the job done. Love to get a nice new resin printer though, the stepper height is down to the micron so very little registration marks right off the bed, no vapor bath smoothing needed. 

I have a resin printer as well, but it doesn't get too much use... Prints are nice, especially for hobbies like miniatures, but resin is just really messy to deal with. I hate having to deal with the cleanup.

I'm surprised, I didn't know it was that much of a hassle, one of my biggest misgivings about printing is all the finishing work needed unless it's just something I need around the house (like hodor door stop or hodoor stop :)) 

• Content Provider

It makes me sick to my fucking stomach the way Noah strokes Bigus’ ego over at VPF.  And all the dumbasses over there and on FB praising him on how great of a table builder he is.  I am having knee surgery next week so I will have 3 weeks and I am going to mod every mother fucking table on VPF and add my name on the title.  Then I am going to put a nice little note right in the middle of every playfield telling the dumbasses that download it to eat a big hairy dick 

• Content Provider

Now I am getting yelled at on the popper FB group by ray Pritchard for asking a guy why he posts YouTube videos of tables that get released there and not on junkies or addicts.  Hmm, I would think you would want to keep frontend FB groups frontend related.  I can’t stand the vibe around this hobby anymore, I have too many things going on in my life to have this bothering me. Not worth it anymore

On 4/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, Thalamus said:

It would be better if people bought their own account on Spesoft and uploaded the wheels via ftp there.

I have no issues with it personally, but many people have an issue with the Spesoft FTP server.  They don't like that folks are getting charged for free community resources.  In some cases, things are ending up there without permission, and some have reported difficulty having things removed.    So, it would be nice if we can figure out an alternative to host wheel images.  

Dazz hooked up a section on here for the wheels.  I know that Joey has most of them but not all.  That is where I usually make my own and share them. I just don't want to bother anyone with every update.  So I just add as I go. 

I also use PinballX so uploading to the popper server doesn't work for me or others that use PinballX or PinballY.