Welcome home VPinball Refugees

• Content Provider

With the recent events at VPB I will be making this my new home.  Nothing against this site before but i dont have the time to update tables on 3 sites so i stuck with VPB because of Randr.  Dazz, Wildman and company...  i have always appreciated this site and would love if you would welcome us.  What a great place to have all the newest tables, along with all of Wildmans amazing backglasses, DOF config tool, SAM build...  Just need to learn how to use the site better but that will take time.

• Content Provider

I feel like a tornado destroyed our home and we all have to pick up the pieces and start over.  sad that it had to be this way, not sure it had to but i understand.  Glad to see you @bord .   Funny seeing Newbie by your name!!!!!LOLOLOL  get in line Newbie!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@DazzI think i uploaded all my tables to the wrong place, sorry, gonna take some time....

Welcome to VPU.  We are glad that you are here and welcome you all with open arms.

No worries... I know it's going to take a little getting use to.  If you think anything needs to be changed or suggestions; please let me know.

• Content Provider

@DazzI uploaded 13 tables but i didnt upload them to the appropriate place.  When i did the last one, escape from the lost world, i put it under SS recreations and it asked me about author, rom....  the others didnt.  just wanted to make sure they go in the right place.  If you need to delete them i can upload them in the right place, dont want 2 versions muddying the waters

• Administrators
Just now, ARMYAVIATION said:

@DazzI uploaded 13 tables but i didnt upload them to the appropriate place.  When i did the last one, escape from the lost world, i put it under SS recreations and it asked me about author, rom....  the others didnt.  just wanted to make sure they go in the right place.  If you need to delete them i can upload them in the right place, dont want 2 versions muddying the waters

I moved them to the correct locations.  If you edit them; they may ask you for that info.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, bord said:

@Dazz, I don't have a normal cookie relationship with this site. Everytime I visit it again, even after 5 minutes, I have to log back in. Any ideas?

Hmm, I have no clue... Haven't run into that one with anyone yet.  I'll have to look into it.

It would be better if people bought their own account on Spesoft and uploaded the wheels via ftp there. I almost went stir crazy from having to approve single wheels from every newbie that didn't know where to find joey's and other collection. My advice @Dazz - Don't make it into a category for upload. There is enough wheels around already and easily available too.

@deathincclan I you payed better attention over at VPinball - you would have noticed how that was my daily job. I told you to make them a pack and you did. But, others did not ! Mostly newcomers. Didn't even check if there already was wheels available. If I didn't approve them, then I got PM's. Believe me, it wears you out over a years time. Maybe you should apply for the job of being "wheel approver" ? It is fine for 4-5 months.

Ha!  And I just found the donate page.  Gotta say, having countless Wildman bg's on my cab, I feel guilty not having found that earlier.  Thanks @Wildman !!  It works!  You have to leave a space between the @ and the username.  

• Content Provider

Well it seems that things are never gonna change.  @deathincclan, I get @Thalamusconcern, it’s a lot to ask of people to deal with a bunch of small files, let alone the countless mods of mod tables.  Why don’t you upload them to nailbusters popper server and then everyone can enjoy them?

well guys, talked to Randr today and I don’t think this is a temporary thing, but my opinion, as of today, this is my home, I like it so far.  And if Randr decides to open VPB back up, I will probably visit but it will never be my home again.  I invested too much in that site, along with numerous other people, and it was taken away with no notice.

@bordi was thinking today about working on some tables, @JFR1vernes world was one of them, and want to do blender shadows and gi lights...... but the damn tutorials are gone.   Fu***ng Nfozzys physics..... lighting tutorials, your Blender tutorials..... all locked away at Randr’s house.   That’s what really upsets me the most

Hope a lot of that stuff can migrate here somehow.  @bord's stuff is still on Ytube no?  I fortunately printed out Roth's fleep sound tutorial and downloaded the various files.  Maybe someday I'll figure it out.   

Vernes World!!  Funny you spotted that mention.  

Also hope randr is ...decompressing and doing ok. 

• Content Provider

Anyone know what @loserman76intentions are.  Would like to upload some resources  for Magic City but I’m not doing it at VPF.  I know he also has a lot of tables over there and I wouldn’t want to have to upload the countless number of tables he has built at another site.