Welcome home VPinball Refugees

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

That’s how we roll @Dazz if it’s too much for you we can slow down and categorize all topics in this post,lol

now, back to advance thermonuclear fusion reactors, what temperature do you keep yours at

You guys crack me up!  Glad to have you all.

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, Dazz said:

This thread is soooo confusing.... There are so many different directions this has been taken into.

I just consider this thread the VPB refugee chat room.   

@mlager8 @mrorange - Thanks for the advice on a 3D printer!  I watch all of Luke Towan's videos.  I was thinking of buying the resin model he uses.

@ARMYAVIATION - I model HO scale.  I've been into model railroading for over 35 years.  My current layout takes up my whole basement.  They do take up some space but you could always try a small scale like N scale.  I would model in N scale but my eye sight is not good enough anymore for the fine details.

• Dazz changed the title to Welcome home VPinball Refugees
25 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@jino0372i got my dads 1953 American flyer out last year and rebuilt the smoker unit and oiled it up.  The last time I saw that I was probably 10.  

04F51AC5-0C15-4C7B-800D-F9F3A2323504.jpeg

Oh man, my grandpa gave me one of those when I was a kid. Smoker never worked properly but I remember every detail. Wish I had the space and cash and time to do model railroading. So cool.

• Content Provider

It was very interesting rebuilding the smoker unit.  My plan is to take a board and mount a section of track, do the ballasting and mount the train with the drive when slightly lifted up.  I can hook up the power supply and make a working static display

I have always wanted to get into model railroad. I find myself browsing them from time to time. I have a small house and limited space for hobbies. I'm trying to push my kids out of the house but they just wont leave. I have a large collection of 1/43 slot cars packed away that I'm itching to toy with.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

It was very interesting rebuilding the smoker unit.  My plan is to take a board and mount a section of track, do the ballasting and mount the train with the drive when slightly lifted up.  I can hook up the power supply and make a working static display

They sell what is called a rolling test track.  Here is one of the popular ones:  http://www.trains.com.tw/railstand/teststand-en.asp?titleID=971