Welcome home VPinball Refugees

On 4/3/2021 at 3:13 AM, ARMYAVIATION said:

Anyone know what @loserman76intentions are.  Would like to upload some resources  for Magic City but I’m not doing it at VPF.  I know he also has a lot of tables over there and I wouldn’t want to have to upload the countless number of tables he has built at another site.  

yeah i have like 500 tables on my cab and 490 are by @loserman76 lol. 

I started to do a driving setup for my standup mame cab but gave up on it. Got to be too much much of a pain in the ass getting the controls setup right for different games. Good info at ArcadeControls forum. 

My buddy has one but he just runs an xbox one with a g920.

3 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

Does anyone here know about Mame driving games.  I have a cruisn exotica that I bought and I hate the game but love the cab.  Thought about making a mame driving game out of it but I know nothing about that stuff

if i had a driving cab it would have to be daytona, running on an emulator, id just rip the gut out and wack a mame installation / gameex version in it then you could have as many driving games as you wanted. Ive built my own virtual pinball, cocktail cabinet, barcade and full size mame arcade machine, never done a cab with a wheel so maybe thats my next project.

12 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

Does anyone here know about Mame driving games.  I have a cruisn exotica that I bought and I hate the game but love the cab.  Thought about making a mame driving game out of it but I know nothing about that stuff

You could build a sick driving cab with that. You should get someones old ass pc and thow an arcade vga card in there. Try to wire up the monitor without getting electrocuted. Then put all the initial d's on it through technoparrot. --just my 2cents

As soon as signatures are a thing *wink wink cough cough* I will make y'all feel that much more at home.

I have also toyed with the signature "I can really fuck up a multiball." 

I mean this in the negative context...like all 2-8 balls pop out...and within seconds...2-8 balls sail into the trough...somehow.  I'm sure y'all have been there.  You look around like..."what just happened?  I can be that bad, can I?"  

• Content Provider
On 4/14/2021 at 5:19 PM, ARMYAVIATION said:

You can add not just MAME, but some really sweet PC driving games as well. Add some Simvibe to it (like SSF for driving games only way better) for most of the popular PC racing games combined with VR... and its amazing.

I think The Loafer still has an arcade racing cabinet that he converted for PC games.

I still have my old girl kicking around. She's like 13 years old at least... just the wheel has been replaced.... and it used to have 12 exciters / shakers for Simvibe, but the 8 small Dayton pucks went to the pincab for SSF.

IMG_20150614_123607.jpg

4 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

IMG_20150614_123607.jpg

This is intense AF... Looks like some solid construction too. I've never attempted anything this ambition. Before building my cab the only thing I really made was a retropi jammed into a NES cartridge (best holiday gift ever btw). 

Though still not as intense as your racing setup, I have to admit this project really got my thinking ill have to build one of these when I get some time on my hands. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/Hqp687m

It is good to see this thread and all of the great minds in this hobby present at VPU.   I saw @loserman76with some comments - he was actually the first person I thought about when the other site went down.  I had been away for a bit due to work projects, hopped on VPB and noticed he had posted a TON of updated tables.  I decided I would check them out the following day and that was when the plug was pulled.   My thanks to Dazz for having a place for everyone to go.  I have supported this site and mostly visited for Wildman's efforts, color files and support threads.  Thanks to all for keeping the hobby alive - each one of you is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys Just wanted to say Hey!!! Its nice to have a home again, Thanks @Dazz.  Although I have been away for a good 7 months working on a complete remodel of our home, and the VP Cab has been stored away in the garage, Im excited things are on the final stages of completion at home, and for this site and moving things forward.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
52 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

Just picked up a 2 owner bride of pinbot for $1300 working!

Damn great freaking score!  I've been trying to talk a buddy into letting me have/borrow his BOP 2.0 in immaculate condition. 

57 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@borddid you ever get Facebook so you can search marketplace.  I keep seeing pinball games pop up around you.  You need too!

I haven't yet. Wife is out of work so it is probably for the best right now. It will be hard to go back to FB on principle but it seems inevitable just for the local pinball sales.

• Administrators

Got the laser cutter working well. First tests on acrylic.

892438B2-D3CC-4113-AA66-C0CB64212A03.jpeg

Just had to do a piece for my girl. Really impressed with how fine line work can be on the laser.

6C69F81C-EEEA-41B6-9AC3-3FF859D593F4.jpeg