Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

In the latest editor, I just noticed a "Fix" button under the keyframe list that I don't remember seeing before - what does it do?  (I clicked it but couldn't detect what it did)

If you change the colorization mode after the keyframe is created , the keyframe type is not updated. You can fix the keyframe with that button.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:03 PM, lucky1 said:

If you change the colorization mode after the keyframe is created , the keyframe type is not updated. You can fix the keyframe with that button.

is their any chance you can include the  ability to change masks with this button.

as a project grows, we  can  delete some of the keyframing masks that are in use and make an updated keyframe with other masks.

when this happens I have to delete the keyframe and create a new one with the new mask.

• Content Provider
34 minutes ago, Pinballuser said:

is their any chance you can include the  ability to change masks with this button.

as a project grows, we  can  delete some of the keyframing masks that are in use and make an updated keyframe with other masks.

when this happens I have to delete the keyframe and create a new one with the new mask.

No, because the information which mask is used in a keyframe is not stored in the scene.

I can try to integrate it into the "set hash" button update function.

• Content Provider

New version 4.09 of the firmware and new version of the editor is up.

I changed the handling of the colormask sequence and replace sequence modes to the following :
If the first frame is triggered it does not only look for the next frame in the sequence, but for all frames in the scene for a match. Sequence modes use either no mask or a global mask for triggering.

I improved the speed of the layered replacement mask mode .

All 3 modes need firmware V 4.09 and new editor export to work properly

22 hours ago, lucky1 said:

New version 4.09 of the firmware and new version of the editor is up.

As a test I made a replace sequence scene (11 frames), assigned a unmasked hash to each frame, and set a non-masked trigger for the scene.  When I try to export for real pin, I get this error:

image.png.cc9fa05ee823fd8a8c6e44379730b597.png

Probably something I'm not doing right.  Let me know if you need the files. (Capcom Breakshot).

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

As a test I made a replace sequence scene (11 frames), assigned a unmasked hash to each frame, and set a non-masked trigger for the scene.  When I try to export for real pin, I get this error:

Probably something I'm not doing right.  Let me know if you need the files. (Capcom Breakshot).

Please send me the project files

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

I uploaded a new build. Please test.

• Content Provider
On 3/14/2021 at 8:52 PM, Pinballuser said:

included in the Set Hash button now

I also added a "Delete Unused Scenes" function in the latest build from today

14 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I uploaded a new build. Please test.

Works great now, and there is no "stutter" either - I had a hash assignment incorrect.  From a technical standpoint, what would be the drawback of using "Replace Sequence" instead of "Replace" every time?

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

Im really interested to understand more about "replace masked" and the "layered color mask mode". is anyone using this who can say a bit more about it than on pin2dmd.de ?

Best way to learn about it is to make a little project and test it in LivePreview mode with the real pin export on the microSD.

There is a mode in Breakshot where you are asked to choose a shot, and the display quickly scrolls to various areas of the playfield in a random manner and then you pick your shot by pressing a flipper.    I thought this would be a great use  of the Replace Sequence mode.  The first thing I need to do is gather all the possible frames (there is probably something like a 150 unique frames), but they have to be captured from many scenes and then put into a single Replace Sequence scene.  The LCM has the handy Add2Scene button which is very helpful to assemble scenes, so I tried to use it and then just change the mode from LCM to Replace Sequence. It seemed to be working for a while, but then I noticed that the hash preview and the frame preview somehow got out of sync (see picture).  I tried a few times and it would always get "corrupted" like this - so it looks like changing from LCM to Replace Sequence mode is a no no .   My question is would it be possible to make a tool that is compatible for adding frames to a Replace Sequence Scene similar to the LCM tool?   

CYS.jpg

their is only 11  possible combinations for that shot

Post Up  Ball 1 Trapped with No Lock Balls
0 = No lock    1 = Locked Ball

000    fullplay1  (ball on right side of post)
000    fullplay6  (ball on left side of post)
    001    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place
    010    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place
    011    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place
    100    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place
    101    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place
    110    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place
    111    Not possible would need a ball Locked in  1 Place

Post Up with 2 Balls Trapped

000      CallyourshotPost000
001    CallyourShotPost001L  (unlocked ball on left side of post)
001    callyourShotPost001R  (unlocked ball on right side of post)
    010    Middle Balls are always kicked out Not possible
    011    Middle Balls are always kicked out Not possible
100    CallyourShotPost100L  (unlocked ball on left side of post)
100    callyourShotPost100R  (unlocked ball on right side of post)
    101    Post Will Drop
    110    Middle Balls are always kicked out Not possible
    111    All Locked starts Multiball 

Post Down

000      call your shot No Ball
001    fullplay8
    010     Middle Balls are always kicked out Not possible
    011     Middle Balls are always kicked out Not possible
100    Call yourshot100
101    fullplay7
    110     Middle Balls are always kicked out Not possible
    111    All Locked starts Multiball

1 hour ago, Pinballuser said:

their is only 11  possible combinations for that shot

I'm not talking about just the opening frame - I know there are 11 permutations for that.  I'm talking about the all the frames from opening frame at the center pockets to the right super cue to the left super cue and back down to the center pockets - try counting those!  I didn't count them but I'm guessing there are about 150!

I guess we are talking about different things

I have the 11 captures and split the scenes so that all the  animations that have the text: right super cue, left super cue and center pockets

trigger independently of what the the start (number or position of the locked balls) is

the only thing I need to do is updated my scenes to 64 colors, same thing I did with the start of the frames.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vjniwsb3s4qgux/capture-1.avi?dl=0

1 hour ago, Pinballuser said:

I guess we are talking about different things

I have the 11 captures and split the scenes so that all the  animations that have the text: right super cue, left super cue and center pockets

trigger independently of what the the start (number or position of the locked balls) is

the only thing I need to do is updated my scenes to 64 colors, same thing I did with the start of the frames.

All you are doing is playing scenes back in the editor.  I've done that as well, but when you run those scenes on a real pinball, they won't sync correctly and many frames will be "uncolored" so it's really not worth much.  The new improved Replace Sequence should, hopefully, sync the frames properly.   It seems to do a good job on the simple scenes I have tried it on and that is why I am asking for a tool or method for collecting frames into a central scene that would handle all of the frames above the Center Pockets, and then there would, of course, also be smaller scenes to handle the Center Pockets frames that are specific to the each of the 11 ball configurations.   Curious why you are using colormasks for these scenes - they don't have any dynamic data in them.  Why don't you set keyframes for your work and show us how they play on an actual DMD?   If you don't have a real pinball, attach the pal and fsq files for the "Call Your Shot" scenes only, and I'll play them on my machine and do a video on them for you, but they won't look very good. 

sucks for me

I don't have a real pinball to test this in,  my only goal is to make a  a vni and pal file. 

I don't know if their is a possibility that some scenes work on a VP and not on a real machine.

I do know that if you cut scenes that have allot of frames,   you can have sync problems.

the scenes where colored  and the keyframe was working on a VP with an LCD screen and Freezys dll.

I can show you a video of the DMD when Freezys gets an update.

I converted this project to 64 colors so that I could color Breakshot Freenzy,  Bonus and the Jackpots with bouncing balls.  

When I did this I saw the opportunity to recolor the Call Your shot Animations with more colors.

I'm using color masks because   its easier to color the scenes when they are set as color mask. 

I can easily switch to replacement when all the frames are colored. And with the new Fix key-frame button ,  I don't even have to delete the colormask keyframe.

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

There is a mode in Breakshot where you are asked to choose a shot, and the display quickly scrolls to various areas of the playfield in a random manner and then you pick your shot by pressing a flipper.    I thought this would be a great use  of the Replace Sequence mode.  The first thing I need to do is gather all the possible frames (there is probably something like a 150 unique frames), but they have to be captured from many scenes and then put into a single Replace Sequence scene.  The LCM has the handy Add2Scene button which is very helpful to assemble scenes, so I tried to use it and then just change the mode from LCM to Replace Sequence. It seemed to be working for a while, but then I noticed that the hash preview and the frame preview somehow got out of sync (see picture).  I tried a few times and it would always get "corrupted" like this - so it looks like changing from LCM to Replace Sequence mode is a no no .   My question is would it be possible to make a tool that is compatible for adding frames to a Replace Sequence Scene similar to the LCM tool?   

CYS.jpg

First of all Replace Sequence is a old mode and technically only supports a maximum of 128 frames.
Use Layered Replace instead which has no limit. If the Linked animation is out of sync you have to navigate to the correct frame with the arrow buttons under the hash checkboxes to adjust the correct frames to generate the hash.

• Content Provider
35 minutes ago, Pinballuser said:

sucks for me

I don't have a real pinball to test this in,  my only goal is to make a  a vni and pal file. 

I don't know if their is a possibility that some scenes work on a VP and not on a real machine.

I do know that if you cut scenes that have allot of frames,   you can have sync problems.

the scenes where colored  and the keyframe was working on a VP with an LCD screen and Freezys dll.

I can show you a video of the DMD when Freezys gets an update.

I converted this project to 64 colors so that I could color Breakshot Freenzy,  Bonus and the Jackpots with bouncing balls.  

When I did this I saw the opportunity to recolor the Call Your shot Animations with more colors.

I'm using color masks because   its easier to color the scenes when they are set as color mask. 

I can easily switch to replacement when all the frames are colored. And with the new Fix key-frame button ,  I don't even have to delete the colormask keyframe.

Maybe you should open a Breakshot WIP thread to discuss table specific issues. This thread is about firmware related issues in combination with the latest editor.

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

First of all Replace Sequence is a old mode and technically only supports a maximum of 128 frames.
Use Layered Replace instead which has no limit. If the Linked animation is out of sync you have to navigate to the correct frame with the arrow buttons under the hash checkboxes to adjust the correct frames to generate the hash.

It's an old mode, yes, but you just recently  changed it so that it doesn't have to play frames in strict order to work, right? That works to be an advantage for a common scene that goes from point A  to point B using a different frames each time.   Does it also have the ability to play frames out of order - for instance, can it play frame 1, then frame 4, then frame 2?  Or does it only work for successive frames? 

I wasn't aware of the 128 frame limit - that's good to know!  I will check out Layered Replace - I assume it works the same way as Replace Sequence for detection order playback (or is there anything to be aware of that is different)?

Finally, I'm sure there is a benefit that I don't know about of being able to change the link of the hash from one frame to another one, but would it be possible to automatically"lock" or reset the hash preview to it's original frame with a button push, instead of having to scroll to match?

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, sudsy7 said:

It's an old mode, yes, but you just recently  changed it so that it doesn't have to play frames in strict order to work, right? That works to be an advantage for a common scene that goes from point A  to point B using a different frames each time.   Does it also have the ability to play frames out of order - for instance, can it play frame 1, then frame 4, then frame 2?  Or does it only work for successive frames? 

It can be out of order.

2 minutes ago, sudsy7 said:

Finally, I'm sure there is a benefit that I don't know about of being able to change the link of the hash from one frame to another one, but would it be possible to automatically"lock" or reset the hash preview to it's original frame with a button push, instead of having to scroll to match?

Currently not.

3 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

sucks for me

When you get it working the way you want, I'll be happy to test it for you on my machine if you like.  You don't have to send my your project files or even the complete colorization, just make the fsq and pal files for this scene only.

• Content Provider

@lucky1 I've got an issue with the latest build of the editor 64 bit Mac version. Check Keyframe takes a very long time compared to what it used to be. Could you check this function please?

It's not my project as I have tried with several projects and all are the same ( I downloaded a couple of ones from here to test). Just tried Getaway from the downloads and that also does it.

17 hours ago, lucky1 said:

If the Linked animation is out of sync you have to navigate to the correct frame with the arrow buttons under the hash checkboxes to adjust the correct frames to generate the hash.

Yes, at first I thought the arrow buttons would just scroll through the hashes for the frames in the scene only, so it wouldn't be too bad of a job to link the correct hash to the frame, but it looks like the arrows scroll though the entire recording(s) so linking by this method would be extremely time consuming, mind numbing, and just not worth the effort.  Hopefully, this bug can be fixed in a future release.