Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Terranigma said:

@lucky1 I've got an issue with the latest build of the editor 64 bit Mac version. Check Keyframe takes a very long time compared to what it used to be. Could you check this function please?

It's not my project as I have tried with several projects and all are the same ( I downloaded a couple of ones from here to test). Just tried Getaway from the downloads and that also does it.

That is because the previous version did only check the keyframe with the mask given for the keyframe. Now it checks all combinations. That is on purpose because I had a project which had a false detecting keyframe which could not be identified with the check keyframe function in the old version 

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

Yes, at first I though the arrow buttons would just scroll through the hashes for the frames in the scene only, so it wouldn't be too bad of a job to link the correct hash to the frame, but it looks like the arrows scroll though the entire recording(s) so linking by this method would be extremely time consuming, mind numbing, and just not worth the effort.  Hopefully, this bug can be fixed in a future release.

You can set an offset of the linked frame to the first frame of the scene in your recording.

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

You can set an offset of the linked frame to the first frame of the scene in your recording.

I don't understand what that means, but I think because my scene has frames cut from various locations of a 10,000 frame recording and some even from a 2nd 10,000 frame recording, it may be impossible to link some of the frames to their proper hash.  I think the only way to make it work, as of now, would be to start all over and cut/paste all the frames I want to use into a new recording and then make the Replace Sequence scene from that recording.  In other words, I think the Replace Sequence (keyword = sequence)  mode was really only meant for a contiguous set of frames and what I'm trying to do is a little outside of it's scope maybe.

• Content Provider

I'm having a new issue and I am not sure what the cause is. It has only started since upgrading to 4.09 FW and the latest editor. That could just be a coincidence though.

The issue is with detection frames and the replace scene not playing. 

What happens is as soon as it detects a keyframe it either starts to play the replace sequence and then cuts back to the original frames (non coloured and not replaced) or it flickers at the keyframe changes colour and then cuts back to the original frames.

So far it is only happening for replacement scenes. The keyframes and replacement scenes have not been touched for a good few weeks so nothing has been changed, added or deleted for those.

It almost looks like the Pin2dmd is running out of memory and can't load the scene or it's glitching on it.

Has anyone else had this problem? It is not 100% for every time the keyframe is triggered but I will get it every time I load the game up if I let it run through a few times.

It could be a Keyframe conflict as I also have a strange occurrence when I use the "check keyframe" button. It is telling me the selected keyframe is getting triggered by "Keyframe 1 (m10), Keyframe 1 (m11) and keyframe 1"

That is showing 3 keyframes when the only one that I have in my keyframe list is Keyframe 1 which has mask 11. I have no idea where it is getting mask 10 from and the standalone keyframe 1 hash without a mask as they don't exist. They may have existed and been deleted a while ago? 

Edit: I tried to delete the keyframe and do it again but it is still showing the other ones including the mask 10 which doesn't exist for this particular keyframe.

I have also checked other keyframes and some only have the 1 keyframe with the mask and nothing else, for example "Keyframe 2 (m12)" and nothing else.

I'm a pin2dmd noob. I have ordered my panels and EVO boards 128x32. I would like to put one in a Shadow (WPC) and a LW3 (Data East).

Can someone tell me or point me in the right direction? What connector will I need for these different hardware types? Will I need frames for mounting, and if so where can I get these? Thanks so much. Sorry I'm still learning all about this cool project.

1 hour ago, reinkc said:

I'm a pin2dmd noob. I have ordered my panels and EVO boards 128x32. I would like to put one in a Shadow (WPC) and a LW3 (Data East).

Can someone tell me or point me in the right direction? What connector will I need for these different hardware types? Will I need frames for mounting, and if so where can I get these? Thanks so much. Sorry I'm still learning all about this cool project.

You might want to have a look at the pin2dmd.com site.  Most of the questions you just asked are answered there. Read it all then come back to this forum and search on the stuff you are unclear on or start a new thread and ask some questions. You can use my site, www.cdnpin2dmd.ca, for reference as well.

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, Terranigma said:

I'm having a new issue and I am not sure what the cause is. It has only started since upgrading to 4.09 FW and the latest editor. That could just be a coincidence though.

The issue is with detection frames and the replace scene not playing. 

What happens is as soon as it detects a keyframe it either starts to play the replace sequence and then cuts back to the original frames (non coloured and not replaced) or it flickers at the keyframe changes colour and then cuts back to the original frames.

So far it is only happening for replacement scenes. The keyframes and replacement scenes have not been touched for a good few weeks so nothing has been changed, added or deleted for those.

It almost looks like the Pin2dmd is running out of memory and can't load the scene or it's glitching on it.

Has anyone else had this problem? It is not 100% for every time the keyframe is triggered but I will get it every time I load the game up if I let it run through a few times.

It could be a Keyframe conflict as I also have a strange occurrence when I use the "check keyframe" button. It is telling me the selected keyframe is getting triggered by "Keyframe 1 (m10), Keyframe 1 (m11) and keyframe 1"

That is showing 3 keyframes when the only one that I have in my keyframe list is Keyframe 1 which has mask 11. I have no idea where it is getting mask 10 from and the standalone keyframe 1 hash without a mask as they don't exist. They may have existed and been deleted a while ago? 

Edit: I tried to delete the keyframe and do it again but it is still showing the other ones including the mask 10 which doesn't exist for this particular keyframe.

I have also checked other keyframes and some only have the 1 keyframe with the mask and nothing else, for example "Keyframe 2 (m12)" and nothing else.

You most likely have a false detection due to masks not beeing unique enough. Hard to tell without access to the project files but the same frame is detected by multiple keyframes and that is something you need to avoid by using unique masks.

• Content Provider

New version of the editor with linked frame from recording referenced individually is up. This is useful when frames are put together from different recordings for LRM scenes (layered replacement) or replace sequence or frames beeing deleted in the middle of the scene which made the linked recording frames beeing out of sync to the scene frames. The ani file needed to be modified which will lead to a message when a existing project is saved.

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, MydknyteStyrm said:

Has there been any development in regards to Freezy.dll accepting 64 colors yet? I put a request in the Freezy GitHub as well. Just curious. Thanks!

No !

34 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

New version of the editor with linked frame from recording referenced individually is up. This is useful when frames are put together from different recordings for LRM scenes (layered replacement) or replace sequence or frames beeing deleted in the middle of the scene which made the linked recording frames beeing out of sync to the scene frames. The ani file needed to be modified which will lead to a message when a existing project is saved.

Does this only work with newly created scenes - in other words, a scene created in a previous version of the editor from various recordings won't automatically be "fixed" if saved under this version, correct?  Either way, this is great improvement - thanks!

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

Does this only work with newly created scenes - in other words, a scene created in a previous version of the editor from various recordings won't automatically be "fixed" if saved under this version, correct?  Either way, this is great improvement - thanks!

If you cut a new scene from the old scene it should be fixed, as long as the scene it is cut from is in sync with the recording link. The link gets also saved if you search the correct frame in the recording link and press set hash.

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You most likely have a false detection due to masks not beeing unique enough. Hard to tell without access to the project files but the same frame is detected by multiple keyframes and that is something you need to avoid by using unique masks.

Thanks for the reply.

Would you be able to change the Message that pops up to show where the keyframe conflict is or will that not be possible?

At the moment it says KeyFrame 1 (m11), Keyframe 1 (m10) and Keyframe 1.

The only real keyframe in the list out of all of those is Keyframe 1 (m11). The other 2 don’t exist in the Keyframes list.

If it’s not possible that’s ok, but if it told me that Keyframe 20 (m10) was using the same one then I could jump to that Keyframe and fix both.

Thanks 

EDIT: This looks like a bug. I will send you a video of my screen recording.

• Content Provider

The message already says all. Keyframe 1 is triggered without mask and with mask 10 and mask 11. If it is really a bug, a video does not help. I need the project with all dumps  to see what is going wrong.

• Content Provider

You can create a new project from scratch, it will occur as well. I just tried.

Please at least watch the video I sent you. It shows a mask that isn't selected being added to the keyframe. It looks like if the mask is already showing before you select a keyframe and then change the mask number it ignores the mask number change.

• Content Provider

Just because you did not select the mask does not mean that it does not produce the same hash you assigned to the keyframe and that is all that is checked with the check keyframe button. 

• Content Provider

So that is not a bug it is a usefull information . Maybe not in your case because it is always the same keyframe which is referenced. I don´t expect that this causes a problem , because the search loop in the firmware is left when the first match is found.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends how are you?

I notice some slowndown animations (if compared with the original plasma dmd) on my real attack from mars pinball.

My pin2dmd is the evo one with firmware 4.09. I'm using an old 1gb sd card and the real colorization from the vbobrusev user.

I just want to undestand what´s going on. Is it a colorization related problem? Is it a sd card speed problem? Is it a problem with this firmware version?

Thanks!

I just moved from using Freezy's dll to LUCKY1's for the PIN2DMD in my virtual cab and was having issues with improper coloring on some of the PIN2DMD colorizations.  The best example was The Addams Family - the initial text on startup (“Creepy Kooky Spooky Oooky”) was not in different colors on 3.20 and 4.08 and occasionally had some pixels that were rendered in gold as opposed to purple (which is what all four words would be displayed as).  When I updated to 4.10 it rendered properly and everything looks correct for the game - at least what I saw in several play throughs.

4.10 appears to have eliminated almost all of the irregularities I see, but I occasionally still see some glitches on animations in a couple of colorizations.  For example, sometimes the wizard searching his scroll in Medevial Madness and the traveling around the globe animation in Monster Bash will have blocks or areas where the colors are not correct briefly.  These anomalies do not show when using Freezy's dll.  I'm not a developer/programmer, so my communication on the issue may be imprecise, but I'm happy to provide more detail or capture video if it would be helpful.  

4 hours ago, outhere said:

I'm on 4.06 PIN2DMD
I use this version of Frerzy 1.90 r24 (ZIP FILE) all works well

I'm using v4.10 f/w.  The 64-color mode works fantastic on a PIN2DMD installed on my real pinball, but trying to use the .vni and .pal files on a VPX table using the computer monitor DMD does not work for me, even with the Freezy version link you provide.