Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

Copy/pasting scene names using the "CTRL-C" and CTRL-V" is still not working.

CTRL-C and CTRL-V is globally bound to display content. I don´t think I change that.

Instant crash will be fixed in next build

First of all only Gif is supported. To import a Gif just load it as a scene.

Make sure it has the right resolution and color depth. Simply use a gif export with dot size 1 as template.

Currently only 16 colors supported by GIF import

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

Thank you for this info. The manual coloration was the thing I was going to ease by importing a gif. :) Anyway thanks for clarifying.

I uploaded a updated version which fixes gif import and the crash

• Content Provider

With the first 64 color project already released and extensive testing here it is time to move 4.x firmware and the toolset out of beta state. 
All links in the first post changed accordingly.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

Awesome news. :)

Big report on editor v20210205: when using the "smart" option, while coloriong a replace-scene. after switching from one scene to another, "smart" remains checked, but the option is not functional.

to reproduce:

1. select replace scene

2. check "smart"

3. color something with the "box"-tool

4. switch to another "replace" scene

5. color something without changing tools.

--> smart will remain checked, but not be in effect.

Fixed in the latest upload. Could you please add a issue to the github repository in the future to collect the bugs you detect  ?  I don´t think that it is the right place here.

https://github.com/sker65/go-dmd-clock/issues 

Thanks !

• Content Provider

I fixed the SmartDraw function for 16shade sources and also changed the beahiour of the Smart checkbox when changing scenes to keeping it enabled when changing from on replacement scene to another. 

P.S. Just uploaded a new version with a fix for LCM hash calculation in 64 color mode

• Content Provider

I just uploaded a new version of the editor with the following features added:

- adjustable playback speed
- possibility to change hash and scene of existing keyframes
- possibility to mark and delete multiple keyframes at once

• Content Provider
On 2/21/2021 at 11:50 PM, sudsy7 said:

Is there a way (or could there be) to export an LCM scene including the hashes, so that it could be imported by another user?  This would make it possible for multiple people to work on scenes and then trade them with each other. 

I changed the "Save Scene" format to save all the information. Use "Load Recording(s)/Scene(s)" to import it with all Mask and Hash data. Use "Import Scene(s)" to import only the frame data.

Updated version on google drive. Please test

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I changed the "Save Scene" format to save all the information. Use "Load Recording(s)/Scene(s)" to import it with all Mask and Hash data. Use "Import Scene(s)" to import only the frame data.

Updated version on google drive. Please test

Works like a charm - thank you!  It's pretty clear that LCM scenes can easily get to be dozens or hundreds of frames (all with specific hashes).   It's good to be able to exchange them so you can collaborate your efforts easily with others on a project.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

I found some scenes that look different so I cut them,   but the  keyframe is the same

I don´t understand what is your issue.
If they look different they don´t have the same hash / keyframe !?

Please describe in detail what you think the problem is. The message you have is coming from this features requested by users which I think is useful.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, lucky1 said:

- possibility to mark and delete multiple keyframes at once

This is how they work

On 2/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, lucky1 said:
  • select keyframe
  • change selected scene
  • press color scene button to change scene
    or
  • select different hash
  • press Set Hash button

If you don´t have a keyframe selected you should get the old duplicate keyframe message. You can deselect the keyframe by clicking the keyframe and then press ESC 

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

I don´t understand what is your issue.
If they look different they don´t have the same hash / keyframe !?

Please describe in detail what you think the problem is. The message you have is coming from this features requested by users which I think is useful.

This is how they work

If you don´t have a keyframe selected you should get the old duplicate keyframe message. You can deselect the keyframe by clicking the keyframe and then press ESC 

take at the  left  800K and the right 800K

they don't look the same

I cut both thinking they would require their own keyframe.

both share the same primary A7389E22 hash   the other 3 hash numbers  are different.

I  created the required keyframe for the left 800K.

but when I tried to create  the keyframe for the right one.  I did not get the "Scene with hash already exists" . 

I got the keyframe moved from the left image  to the right one.

I thought this might be a bug after introducing the  option

I don't want this to go away,  I like the option  to hit cancel when I get this pop up

Capture.PNG

• Content Provider

I can add a cancel button, but why would you want to create a second keyframe if assign them both to the same scene and could trigger both scenes with one single keyframe ?

If you want to have them triggered individually choose the second hash.

@lucky1, I am seeing an unexpected result using an LCM scene.  Not sure if it might be exclusive to Capcom or a latency issue that would be common to all.  What happens is the colormask scene immediately previous to the LCM scene seems to get "uncolored" momentarily before going on to the LCM scene.  I think what is happening is the processor is working to load the LCM and while it is doing that it displays the last colormask scene "uncolored" until the LCM is ready to display.  And it only does it some of the time - not every time, probably dependent on processor usage.  The delay really wouldn't even be noticeable if the colormask scene would remain "colored" during the delay.  So, my question is would it be possible to make the firmware keep the scene previous to an LCM scene persistently colored until the LCM scene is actually displayed?  The particular LCM scene I have has 198 frames and uses 9 (out of the 25 available) masks for the hashes.

Colored.jpg

Uncolored.jpg