Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I never had or heard a problem like this beeing reported. 

There are two different centroid files in the zip. One in mil and one in milimetern (mm) Mybe they took the wrong one.

The gerber file from the shared project (https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/PIN2DMD_EVO128x32_RGB_LED_Dotmatrix_Pinball_Display_Controller.html) (with order at the name) is different from the gerber file from the github for the 128x32 display. I did a md5sum of all files and they are different. Take a look:

EVO128x32_GERBER.zip W227797ASI9_EVO128x32_GERBER.zip

Edited by goredaimon

On the left, we have the files from gitbhub. On the right, the gerber files from the pcbway pin2dmd shared project. Only some files are equal. Also, for the gerber from the shared project, we have a plus file with .gpi extension. Only the GBO, GBP and GML files are equal.

image.thumb.png.63a37c0b16dd2dc94de4268b63d163ab.png

Edited by goredaimon

• Content Provider

Hi all. I followed the directions on how to place an order for EVO boards from PCB Way. They are in the assembly process, and sent me an email with some questions. Hoping someone here knows the answers. I'll include the email text and pictures.

"Here attached the photos of assembly order T-T4W312486A, please kindly check , if there is errors including the direction or polarity of components, please show to us, we can repair before the shipment, thank you.
Also check below questions in details.
For pic 5, arrows showed cathode, did we mount them correctly?"

Thanks!

Arrie

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Thank you! I saw you put the centroid inside the gerber file. I'll send it to pcbway.

Hi guys,

Having already experienced some Pin2DMDs and liked the product, I decided to use the files kindly provided by Lucky1 and place an order at PCBWay.  The PCB is ready and now they are in the process of mounting the parts onto the board.

I received a mail today as follows:

Hello,

For assembly order T-T7W373290A, pick place file is not Ok, because the components from pick place file are offset your design, so send us the correct pick place file.

Any idea what they mean with this?

image.png.e43cf278ad136280387c338d1c13fdbd.png

3 minutes ago, ksultana said:

Hi guys,

Having already experienced some Pin2DMDs and liked the product, I decided to use the files kindly provided by Lucky1 and place an order at PCBWay.  The PCB is ready and now they are in the process of mounting the parts onto the board.

I received a mail today as follows:

Hello,

For assembly order T-T7W373290A, pick place file is not Ok, because the components from pick place file are offset your design, so send us the correct pick place file.

Any idea what they mean with this?

image.png.e43cf278ad136280387c338d1c13fdbd.png

Please send them this centroid.

EVO128x32_CENTROID.zip

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have a problem the pcbway send to me a email:

Hi Ricardo,
For SMT order No.T-B5W77949A_128x32-BOM,  for C11,the value of capacitor of TAJB225K020RNJ is 20V,but 35V requested in "bill of material" file.
Pls confirm should we proceed to use this 20V capacitor or not?
If 35V capacitor needed,pls provide part number,we will quote for you ASAP.

what i have to do guys?

Edited by rivalem

Quick question....

ribbon cable to connect the RGB LED display panel to the board, I currently have only female to female cables that were supplied with the panels.

Where can I find a male to female 16 pin ribbon cable to connect the RGB Led panel to HUB75 connector, or is there a convertor with which I can use my female to female cables here?

Thanks

Lucky1, 

but you need to have a male to female flat cable to connect the first LED module to HUB75 no?

My question was where can I get such cable, since I have got only female to female 16pin IDC flat cables with my led modules... or does a converter exist for this, to turn HUB75 into a male connection?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have a problem with my order from pcbway. The Evoboard is not recogniced by the Win10 PC and the  DefuSe v3.06 software to upgrade the latest firmware

When I click the DFU and Reset Button like in the instruction from the pind2dmd.com site , the system device manager was recogniced as stm32 bootloader, this should be ok?!

The LED Panels or not installed yet... they are on the way...should arrived in a few days hopefully 

So what can I do?

Edit: now I´ve got it: the win10 driver wasn´t installed correctly.

After upgrade, only the red led is lightning, seems to be ok?! 

Edited by Thargor

Good afternoon.
I am pending to make a payment to Pcbway for 10 new Boards with the new CENTROID and BOM files.

In the last order, the total price was 610$ (February 2.021).

This time, the price is 722$.

Is normal this considerable price increase?

Greetings.

Captura-de-pantalla-2021-05-17-a-las-19-

Edited by Chesco

• Content Provider
25 minutes ago, Chesco said:

This time, the price is 722$.

Is normal this considerable price increase?

Due to the chip shortages the price of the STMF4 has gone up. If you check your BOM it should show the increase in parts there. The price fluctuates but generally its $25 USD+ per piece.

You may also see a jump in shipping as well.

38 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

Due to the chip shortages the price of the STMF4 has gone up. If you check your BOM it should show the increase in parts there. The price fluctuates but generally its $25 USD+ per piece.

You may also see a jump in shipping as well.

Correct...

Thanks 😉

• 3 weeks later...