PinCabView : BigRaceUSA-FantasticJourney-Timeshock-TheWeb & WormsPinball-WorldRallyFever & SlamTilt Resurrection!

Aubrel

• Content Provider

PinCabView 4.3 by Aubrel

This patch is free and should remain free.
Not for commercial uses!!

I'm happy to release this patch! It will transforme completely some old PC pinball games and make them alive again in virtual pinball cabinets.
The main goal is to get a pincab camera view with exported DMD and backglass for these Pinball games:
 - Pro Pinball : The Web (1995 - 1.50p - CD)
 - Pro Pinball : Timeshock! (1997 - 1.07 / 1.20 - CD/GOG)
 - Pro Pinball : Big Race USA (1998 - 1.18 / 1.19 / 1.20b - CD/GOG)
 - Pro Pinball : Fantastic Journey (1999 - 1.07 / 1.20b - CD/GOG)
 - Addiction Pinball : Worms Pinball (1998 - CD / Steam)
 - Addiction Pinball : World Rally Fever (1998 - CD)
 - SlamTilt Resurrection : Demon (1999 - CD)
 - SlamTilt Resurrection : Pirate (1999 - CD)

These games are for now the only ones to be used with this Launcher.

The pack contains :
- PinCabView Launcher by Aubrel
- PinCabView 2.6 ReShade's shader by Aubrel and Ducon2016 (ArcCabView 2.6 with PINBALL options activated)
- ArcCabView Custom ReShade 4.9.1 dll by Ducon2016 and Aubrel (ReShadeMod32.dll)
- dgVoodoo2 2.78.2 dll (ddraw.dll)
- dinputto8 by Elisha Riedlinger used for AddictionPinball games
- OggWinmm.dll by Maximilien Noal used for GOG version of Timeshock

These Pinball games will be all rotated to portrait mode and will run in your main screen desktop resolution with a Cabinet View.
If you have more than 1 screen, the backglass and the DMD should exported to the others screens.
You can launch your games with your main screen set in landscape or portrait mode: the result should be the very same.
This patch doesn't contain any files of these games and won't change them at all (it could be reversed by just removing its files)

As a bonus :
-The 1600x1200 resolution should be unlocked, working and used by default for BigRaceUSA, FantasticJourney, Timeshock, Demon and Pirate.
-All the Timeshock options should be always unlocked in the menu operator.
-The BGM of the GOG version of Timeshock should be mostly fixed (still a few bugs but really improved).
-A standard "coin" mode is now available for the 4 Pro Pinball games (activated by defaut, your clasic game save will be preserved and used when the option is disabled)
-An improved desktop mode is available too with multi screens support too.
-Inputs are improved and standardized, game configuration is set at best.

If you are using standard VPX keyboard keys, some patches are activated by default to bring you native full support with the default game layouts.

Here how it looks now from 2.0 version :

Big-Race-USA.png

Fantastic-Journey.png

TheWeb.png

Timeshock.png

World-Rally-Fever.png

Worms-Pinball.png

New from 3.3 version :

STRD.png

STRP.png

And in action :

How to use :
- Extract the full archive in your game directory (same directory as your main game exe). Your game exe name should be the original one (not renamed).
- For the supported games you have to use the launcher "PinCabViewLauncher.exe" included to launch your game
- If needed set PinCabView.ini "PinCabView" and "PinCabView_ADV" options as explain above depending on your configuration
- That's all, it should work :)

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Side notes :
- DirectX11 hardware is recommanded (DirectX10 should be working but it won't work on Windows XP or with an old DirectX9 graphic card)
- To play Worms Pinball table using Addiction Pinball game, you have to send the command "WP" or "Worms" to the launcher at start (both games are not supported in the same time when not in desktop mode).
- Quick launch (games start directly) is now always activated when not launched in desktop mode.
- The quick launch won't be activated for the 1st start (BigRaceUSA,FantasticJourney,Timeshock). But it will be used after if the game has been properly closed at least one time.
- Desktop users can send "-q" command to the launcher to start the games directly too (not 1st start for the 3 games listed above)
- With SlamTilt Resurrection, Demon table in 3D view is launched by default. You can send "Pirate" to the launcher to launch directly Pirate table instead ( you can also send the command "2D" if you want the 2D view).
- SlamTilt Resurrection's 3rd view (scrolling 3D) is not supported.
- The Windows DPI-Scale setting for high resolutions should be the same for all your screens.
- In any case the playfield will be displayed in your main screen. It won't work if you set your backglass as main screen.
- Nudge visual feedback is broken with this patch (graphic glitches) and so it has been disabled for all 8 games.
- The launcher won't work with Timeshock Ultra Edition nor any other games than the 8 supported ones :D

PinCabKeys :
- "1" or "F1" => "Start" (repeat to get multi-players)
- "1" => "Yes" (Addiction Pinball games)
- "2" => "Esc"
- "5" => "Coin" (Pro Pinball games with PPCoinMOD)
- "5" => "No" (Addiction Pinball games)
- "Shift"(s) => "Flippers"
- "Shift"(s) => "Left"/"Right"
- "Ctrl"(s) => "Table Select" (SlamTilt Resurrection at table selection screen)
- "Ctrl"(s) => "Magna-Save"
- "Ctrl"(s) => "Up"/"Down"
- "Ctrl"(s) => "View select" (SlamTilt Resurrection at view selection screen)
- "z" or "LAlt" => "Left Nudge"
- "Space" => "Front Nudge"
- "/" or "RAlt" => "Right Nudge"

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Changelog :

- ArcCabView sharder updated to fix a grill display problem in PinCabView
- dgVoodoo2 version included reversed to 2.78.2 (problems found with 2.79 versions)

- With DMD on the 3rd screen the game display will now cover your full 3rd screen even with custom DMD sizes/positions
- DMD background option added (used and displayed only with DMD on a 3rd screen with custom sizes)
"PinCabView\Textures\background_default.png" will be displayed full sized on your 3rd screen, you can update this image according to your preferences.
You can also add "background.png" files in "PinCabView\Textures\GameName\" folders to get a different DMD-Background for each game.

4.1a
- Default Frame Reflection Intensity decreased (used only with Slamtilt Resurrection 2D tables)
- Option DMD Color added (can be set in-game in Reshade's UI with "home" key)

- Updated to work with last ArcCabView/PinCabView shader version 2.3
- Updated to work with last official dgVoodoo 2.78.2 ddraw dll
- DMD Filter option added in the shader to crop DMD colors below the filter value
- The launcher can now be killed safely to close the game
- Performance mode added and general performances should be improved too
- Option Full_Stretch On/Off added in ini file
- Option Rotated_180 On/Off added in ini file
- Some small changes, fixes and cleanups

- Updated to work with official ArcCabView/PinCabView shader version 1.0a
- POV settings improved for SlamTilt Resurrection 3D tables
- Many small changes, fixes and cleanups

- SlamTilt Resurrection full support added (2D and Full 3D views)

- POV factor option added to improve the perspective as you want (should be set in ReShade's UI with home key).
- The DMD can now be displayed over the backglass if needed. Can help 2x 16:9 screens configurations (use PinCabView.ini to set position and size)
- DMD can now be set again to transparent/intelligent with ProPinball games when used in cabinet mode with a KeepTableDMD or single screen configuration.
- Shader code updated and improved

- Ratio locked to center at max 16/9 option added and now applied for these 6 games (desktop and cabinet).
- Ratio management improved for desktop users
- Apron management improved
- Off limites display fixed
- Shader code cleanups

- DMD display improved
- Shader interface (ReShade UI) improved.
- Timeshock DMD hide issues fixed
- DMD management for desktop users improved
- All games are now using the same preset file
- Desktop mode improved (single and multi screens configurations)
- Standard "coin mode" added for the 4 ProPinball games (Coin key is keyboard "5")
- A 2nd view with DMD hidden is now available for The Web (select view 4 or more in game options, btw the view with DMD looks better)
- The Web settings are now automatized too
- The games are now launched directly (menu skipped) when not in desktop mode (except 1st launch)
- ExeName option removed (game exe name should be the original expected one)
- Steam launch command support removed (not needed)
- No1200p option removed (not needed anymore)
- Launcher and shader codes improved
- Memory game code patch improved, many patches added
- Many fixes and improvements

- Some problems with PinCabKeys fixed
- DMD_off image display improved
- Some small fix and improvements...

- Worms Pinball PC game full support added (Steam and old CD versions including Addiction Pinball)
- World Rally Fever (Addiction Pinball) full support added (old CD game)
- Added brightness settings for the table, the backglass (grill excluded) and the DMD
- DMD_off image added and Backlass_off removed. It's now more clean and more flexible.
- New Aprons for all 4 ProPinball and the 2 Addiction Pinball games (Big thanks to eMBee for the very nice work he did on them)
- ReShade's dll updated to the last official version 4.9.1 for better compatibility
- "ExeName" function improved, Steam support and external commands are now supported.
- Window DPI scale (PPP) issue should be fixed (you now have nothing to do).
- 1200p and exe administrator/compatibility settings issues sould be fixed (no need to remove the exe settings anymore, and the 1200p patch should now work everytime (if it still fails, try to remove your wgame.cfg file)
- The DMD will be now displayed by default in fullscreen area on the 3rd screen if available (and if the ratio of the 2nd screen is approx 16:9. If the BG screen is in 4:3 resolution the grill and the DMD will be still displayed on it)
- A full desktop mode has been added (it supports backglass on the 2nd screen, with or without DMD). Ratio is automated but you can change it in Reshade's UI options with the home key ingame (check Zoom or Scale settings)
- An auto game setup has been added to set them at the best it can from first start (excepting for The Web...).
- PinCabKeys patches have been added to use fully the 4 ProPinball games and Worms Pinball using only standard VPX keyboard keys available in most pincabs (used by default, no joystick support).
- Cheat code added and applied with the launcher to unlock all the options in operator menu of Timeshock (unlocked everytime).
- If you are using the GOG version of Timeshock the best dll I found for the ogg BGM of this game will be used (Maximilien Naol's version, link available bellow)
- Game DMD size fixed for BigRaceUSA and Timeshock in 1280x1024 when using "No1200p" option (FantasticJourney was allready working as it should)
- Desktop users can now play these 6 games with the launcher in your desktop resolution and the best settings will be applied
- Many other fixes and improvements...

PinCabView Info / Support :  https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5494-pincabview-bigraceusa-fantasticjourney-timeshock-theweb-wormspinball-worldrallyfever-slamtilt-resurrection/
PinCabView2D Info / Support :  https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5744-pincabview2d-most-old-dos-pinball-games-in-your-pincab/
PinCabViewWFS Info / Support :  https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5903-pincabviewwfs-all-wildfire-studios-pinball-pc-games-in-your-pincab/
ArcCabView/PinCabView shader Info / Support :  http://www.emuline.org/topic/2598-arccabview-display-your-arcade-games-just-as-you-want/

Big thanks to eMBee for drawing most of the aprons currently in use. Awesome job!! :)

Thanks to Ducon2016 and Houb for the amazing "CRTGeomMOD" shader (and thanks to cgwg for the original CRTGeom shader)
http://www.emuline.org/topic/1420-shader-crt-multifonction-kick-ass-looking-games

ReShade home :  https://reshade.me
dgVoodoo2 home :  http://dege.freeweb.hu/

dinputto8 by Elisha Riedlinger used for AddictionPinball games :  https://github.com/elishacloud/dinputto8
Ogg Winmm.dll by Maximilien Noal used for GOG version of Timeshock :  https://github.com/maximilien-noal/ogg-winmm

Download PinCabView 4.3 :  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5ttx0loy7lzfy/ArcCabView

Nota: Please respect my hard work, I spent more than a thousand hours working on the full PinCabView projects (Launchers, Memory patches, ReShade Shader, DosBox code patches...).

I know it's not perfect and yes it can be improved but please ask me before releasing any update/mod.

Also if you made improvements or any changes please leave the credits to all the people who contributed directly or indirectly to this project and share your code/changes

Enjoy !!  :)

• Content Provider

I just updated the files (same link in the first post), now they run smoothly without trying to resize the desktop in the background.

I updated the readme too and I improved the backglass

Feel free to test and tell me what you think or report any problems.

I would be pleased to update again if necessary :)

I hope it will bring these games back to life in pincabs !!  🥰

• Content Provider

As a bonus I added a config to get a nice PincabView with most PinballFX3 games :)

Post 1 edited

Edit : To complete the collection, a patch for The Web is now available ;) 

• Aubrel changed the title to ProPinball (BigRace USA - Fantastic Journey - Timeshock - TheWeb) PC with PincabView (And now PinballFX3!)
  • Content Provider
12 hours ago, LynnInDenver said:

So this does work with the GOG release of three of the four tables (I really want to track down The Web). Any way to change which monitor this thing goes to for my desktop?

You can do it in the dgVoodoo.conf by editing the lines 26 to 28 like that :

Adapters                             = 1   ; set the number of the graphic adapter to use
FullScreenOutput                     = 1   ; set here the number of the display screen you want to use  
FullScreenMode                       = true  ; the above setting works only in fullscreen mode

14 hours ago, Aubrel said:

You can do it in the dgVoodoo.conf by editing the lines 26 to 28 like that :

Adapters                             = 1   ; set the number of the graphic adapter to use
FullScreenOutput                     = 1   ; set here the number of the display screen you want to use  
FullScreenMode                       = true  ; the above setting works only in fullscreen mode

Yeah, that didn't give me much love on the desktop, it rendered the install of Fantastic Journey into a crash happy monster.

One thing I've noticed on my cabinet, I can get things working pretty solidly (and like all virtual pinball, I really do prefer to play it on the cabinet)... except PinUp Popper won't quit it and return to the menu when I press the 'Q' key, so I suspect that the Pro Pinball packages are intercepting the keypresses and not passing them on to other software. I don't know if there's a good fix for that, so at least for now I've made them invisible in the menu and will just play them from the Windows interface. It's working well enough we've ordered a copy of Pro Pinball- The Web off eBay and I'll see if I can get that working in some fashion.

• Content Provider

I just uploaded new patches for these 4 ProPinball games (links above in the first post updated).

Now you can use them in portrait or landscape, the result should be the very same and you have nothing to do

With these new patches the games should allow you to use any resolutions in the options, it's safe, so use the best one for each of them.

(this resolution won't be used, the game will run in your desktop resolution but the result will be really better with the highest resolution available)

That's all, Enjoy 👍

Tested this with Fantastic Journey and Big Race today.  Excellent work!    Timeshock Ultra edition doesn't seem to have a perfect cabinet view either from what i've been able to work with.  Is there any possibilities for using the same thing there?

• Dazz featured this topic
  • Content Provider

I've updated the patch, I'm still working on it.

Now I can remove the DMD from the table and get in on the backglass :)

I should release the update soon.

I think it will be able to work with other games too :)

PS : about Timeshock Ultra we can reach this result with the original included cab option settings.

Image12.jpg

Not bad but the ball is very small on my cab (I have only a 27" as playfield)

Nice. i just installed Timeshock ultra today and finding an easy cabinet mode set up wasn't quick and I'm sure i missed something.  I've got backglass and DMD set but hadn't gotten the camera to show full instruction cards.  I'll keep digging now that i know it's possible.

Moving the DMD on the other three is amazing.  Can't wait!

• Content Provider
On 7/23/2021 at 2:05 AM, Narc0lep5y said:

Moving the DMD on the other three is amazing.  Can't wait!

Ok so here the new patch with DMD export and many new things  (it has been rebuilt from scratch, so please remove the previious patch if you use them before)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

PinCabView 1.0 by Aubrel(Houb)

I'm happy to release this patch. It will transforme completely some old PC pinball games and make them alive again in virtual pinball cabinets.
The main goal is to get a pincab camera view with exported DMD and backglass for the 4 old ProPinball games.

The pack contains a self made launcher, a brand new Reshade's shader and dgVoodoo2. All of them are needed to work as expected.

In any case the games will be rotated to portrait mode and will run in your main screen desktop resolution.
If you have a second screen, a backglass can be displayed and the DMD can be moved on it.
If you have a screen designed to the DMD, it can be sized and moved to match your settings.
You can use it directly with landscape or portrait configurations and the result will be the very same.
Most of the settings are automatized according to your desktop configuration.

By defaut the launcher will try to find the game. The 4 ProPinball games should be identified directly.
If needed you can force the exe name by commandeline or via the Reshade.ini file.

Using the launcher, the 4 ProPinball games should be set directly to work in pincabs with backglass and DMD exported.
The view will be forced, the DMD size and position too, the apron added, the best resolution should be unlocked and used even if your machine don't support it,...

Some features have been added, for example button 2 will switch the DMD color for Fantastic Journey :)

Don't try to launch the game without the launcher, if you do so you will get only a single screen configuration and the specific settings won't be applied.

Troubleshooting :

- 1600x1200 is forced for Timeshock, FantasticJourney and BigRaceUSA.
It should work but if it doesn't you can set No1200p in Reshade.ini to use 1280x1024 instead.

- If you don't have any backglass screen, but you are using your second screen only for DMD
You can set DMDOnly in Reshade.ini and you will be able to set its position ingame in Reshade's UI with home key.

- If you have a 16:9 Backglass and a 3rd screen for the DMD
You can set its size and position in the Reshade shader's UI ingame using home key.

How to use :
- Extract the full archive in your game directory (same directory as your main game exe)
- use the launcher included to launch your game
- That's all ;)

Info / Support : https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5494-propinball-bigrace-usa-fantastic-journey-timeshock-theweb-pc-with-pincabview-and-now-pinballfx3/

Thanks to Ducon2016 for the original PixelTest code taken in CRTGeomMOD
http://www.emuline.org/topic/1420-shader-crt-multifonction-kick-ass-looking-games/
ReShade home : https://reshade.me/
dgVoodoo2 home : http://dege.freeweb.hu/

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Download 1.0beta : https://www.mediafire.com/file/y62y5guz589i3wd/PinCabView_Launcher_1.0beta.rar/file

Update1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dj7wvqrhsvte85f/PinCabView_Launcher_1.0beta1.rar/file

Enjoy :)

• Content Provider

Small update to fix a strange but existing configuration

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dj7wvqrhsvte85f/PinCabView_Launcher_1.0beta1.rar/file

Now if you have a 2 screens cabinet with a 16:9 backglass (so without grill nor DMD) the DMD will be kept on the table as before.

It was something unexpected at first, for me 2 screens cabinet should have a 4:3 or 5:4 backglass...

With a 16:9 backglass I think you would need a DMD screen...

I did run into a problem with the install... I couldn't get the backglass to cooperate, it kept setting it to the same size settings as my playfield. I was able to keep it from overwriting the settings, but then I couldn't get it to put the backglass in the right place. Also, I couldn't seem to get the DMD to show up on the third screen.

Monitor configuration details: 2160x3840 monitor, backglass is 1366x768 in the standard position (right top), DMD is ALSO 1366x768 and tucked below the backglass (basically at 2160,768). I wonder if "playfield is portrait" is confusing it, or if it's my odd stacking arrangement of the other two.

• Content Provider

this is not an update, everything has been redone from scratch, it's cleanner and more efficiant but YOU HAVE TO USE THE LAUNCHER :)

Without the launcher nothing will work :D

Also the only thing you should have to change for now is the DMD size and position in the reshade UI and ONLY  if you are using a 3rd screen for DMD.

All the rest is fully automatized so don't touch anything else for now.

BTW, I will change a few things to get it working better without the launcher but for now it's nearly not working at all without.

• Content Provider

it's not how it should work...

The DMD should be removed from the table and you shouldn't have the table behind the DMD,

What you have here is nothing more than the first patch with DMDexet.

With the 1.0beta you should have something really better than that without having to do anything execept putting your DMD info in Reshade.

You are not using it has it should ;)

Contact me on discord and we will find the issue 👍

With a little back and forth, we got it working on my cab. Turns out to be the typical Windows shenanigans regarding logical screen numbers versus what they're numbered in the Display Settings.

IMG_20210726_164552527.thumb.jpg.66ae204a57b9f516e44b5a428f3376f0.jpg  IMG_20210726_165623308.thumb.jpg.1fbe6a3b389788b98d51902e649db2fe.jpg

I know what I'm planning on playing later.

And yes, I only plan on running the two for right now. I've had issues trying to get The Web working, so I'll stick with the VPX port, and I have the Barnstormers port of Timeshock already installed.

• Aubrel changed the title to ProPinball (BigRaceUSA - FantasticJourney - Timeshock - TheWeb) with PinCabView
  • Content Provider

Ok new patch 1.0 available: first post edited  :)

The beta I posted a few days ago wasn't working for most people... but now it should work as it should!

Please read the readme, it will help and avoid many issues ;)

Enjoy !!

• Content Provider

Thanks, I'm glad to see some interrest on this :)

A new version, more easy to set and more complete, will be available soon (most probably tomorrow) with some new nice features :)