[New VP10 Alert] Guns N' Roses VPW Edition

Guns N' Roses VPW Edition

"Of all the VPW tables in the world, this is definitely one of them!"

VPW are proud to present our 50th Machine!

This project started when HiRez brought a fantastic collection of artwork into the workshop that he'd done for the table in January 2022. Sixtoe had previously converted an older version to VR and was aware of number issues with existing mods that would need a lot of work, and said it's probably be best to start from scratch but didn't have the time and the project went on hold.

Fast forward to July 2022 and Niwak was looking for a machine that had coloured ramps (among other things) to experiment on with the then prototype toolkit, so Sixtoe scratch built the table whilst niwak built the table in blender. The table was then worked on intermittently as toolkit experiments took place over the next year.

Whilst this happened MrGrynch had been working on a new vastly improved version of AltSound called G-Sound (which has now been included in VPinMAME 3.6) and iDigStuff made a fantastic new G-Sound module for Guns N' Roses so we wanted these to launch at the same time and now here we are!

Thanks for all your support over the past 3 years and all the nice comments, we hope you enjoy this latest release!

VPW Roadies
===========
Niwak - Rendering Magic
Sixtoe - Table Wrangling
HiRez00 - All Artwork & Redraws
iaakki - Tweaks and support
leojreimroc - Animated VR Backglass.
Apophis - Tweaks and support.
Tastywasps - VR Room & Guitar.
Primetime5k - Staged Flipper Support.
Hauntfreaks - Backglass images.
Flupper - Rendering Support and Advice
Testing - VPW Team

THIS RELEASE NEEDS AT LEAST VPX 10.8 BETA 5
https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases

THIS RELEASE ALSO NEEDS AT LEAST VPinMAME 3.6
https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases
(it's recommended to get a newer build from github actions though)

TO USE THE OPTIONS MENU IN GAME YOU NEED "FlexDMD"
https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd/releases

Uh oh! I love the impeccable version you guys have made and playing the crap out of it this morning. However, I hate to say it but, somehow I got a ball stuck in the Axl scoop and it just sat there trying to pop out but never did.  It would pop up and hit the deflector and drop back down again over and over. I had to kill it as nothing I tried would free it. This happened during multiball but I can't tell you if there were two balls in there or just the one. Pic attached.

Thanks again and sorry for such an early bug report!

gnr-vpw-axl-stuck.jpg

2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

I don't think that scoop can even hold 3 in the real game. It's a kickout, not a scoop really

I wasn't counting lol... just knew the game was *over*! EDIT: also dear lord that video is massive, apologies...

Edited by lminimart

Beautiful job on the table. Any tips on getting better performance on it? I have a lot of VPW tables, and I know they are heavier on resources, but this one just crushes my cabinet. Too slow to be considered playable, even when turning all the graphics settings down. The table runs at about ~20FPS. I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600, 8GB RAM, and Radeon 5500 XT. It's no powerhouse, but it seems to keep up with all the other tables just fine. Thanks!

Edited by pfunkfunfk

8 hours ago, VPinWorkshop said:

Physical scoops are actually really hard to get right and behave properly, we're aware of it and working on something that might fix it, but at the end of the day jamming too many balls into a hole's only going to end in tears...

😄😆😂🤣

Very excellent and beautiful table, and even better with the G-Sound addition!

I had only one tiny issue with the table and it seems maybe just a bad line of code. My cabinet mode was not triggering the siderails to disable their visibility. There is a line of code deeper in the script that is supposed to make the siderails visible for VR and not visible for cabinet users, but the variable 'v' was not receiving a proper value. I had to change the siderail visibility value to '0' in that line of code instead of the assigned 'v' variable and it now works. Of course if I had VR then I would need to change it back.

12 hours ago, VPinWorkshop said:

Physical scoops are actually really hard to get right and behave properly, we're aware of it and working on something that might fix it, but at the end of the day jamming too many balls into a hole's only going to end in tears...

exqueeze me?.........beg yer pudding?....haha

i tried getting this version work with the puppack but no avail i copied and pasted the puppack line to see if the puppack will work, 

anyone else tried getting this to work on vpw?

I coped the pup pack code from the table version that was made for the puppac.

I am making some progress. 

When I launch the table its asking for a controller that isn't found. 

What is this "controler" 

2 hours ago, Sakurarozu said:

i tried getting this version work with the puppack but no avail i copied and pasted the puppack line to see if the puppack will work, 

anyone else tried getting this to work on vpw?

I coped the pup pack code from the table version that was made for the puppac.

I am making some progress. 

When I launch the table its asking for a controller that isn't found. 

What is this "controler" 

if i remember right it needs pupflashers and everything associated with them. I havent even tried adding them to this amazing table yet myself but I'm sure the pup pros will do so eventually :)

• Content Provider
17 minutes ago, Morpheusx74 said:

When "staged flipper" is at "on"(through the magna-menu), the upper left flipper no longer works (so i switched it back off, obviously).

Hope that helps 👍🤘

You need a key dedicated to the staged flipper for it to work (act separately from the main left flipper)

Have some really strange issues with the table that is beginning to drive me crazy.

When I run vpx8 standalone it works , but I have to change the orientation now an then to get it to play in my 2 monitor cab.

When I launch it from pinuppopper it is for some reason unknown to me rotated on the playfield.

Otherwise, love the gfx and table but if I cannot get the rotation solved it will not be played as often as it should.

Btw Circus Voltaire plays fine on vpx8.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, bjernler said:

When I run vpx8 standalone it works , but I have to change the orientation now an then to get it to play in my 2 monitor cab.

When I launch it from pinuppopper it is for some reason unknown to me rotated on the playfield.

This was built on the latest VPX builds, which change (improve) how PoV works.  If you're on Beta 5, you'll need to set the rotation to (probably 270) and set the PoV up for your screen, then either save it into the table or to a .pov file.  I don't use Popper myself so I don't know what it does differently; maybe a launch script?