[New VP10 Alert] The Last Action Hero (Data East 1993)

2 hours ago, wrd1972 said:

Im running 64bit and have a Nvida 4070TI and I am still getting:

image.png.bfb05cd18879c2faa4be74152cef29a5.png

Sounds like the images need some fat trimmed. :)

Would very much like to play once its tuned.

I don't think it's the images Bill, I have a 1080ti and no trouble running this table. You should not be getting an out of memory error with the 4070ti. Did you update your video drivers when you installed the new GPU?

Yea video drivers people tend to forget sometimes! Also I recommend going into the Nvidia control panel settings and in the global settings config, change Max Power Usage from its standard default one, to the max performance option. That allows your video card to always be able to be ran at full power usage. 

And remember also, if you haven't already, change the monitor settings for each monitor your using in the Nvidia control panel settings. Make sure each monitor is the full color usage, not on limited. RGB for the color space, 10-bit if your monitor supports it.

Also change each monitor to report apps as desktop programs.

I also recommend changing the input lag in the Nvidia global settings from normal to ultra. And then if using ultra setting there, change the fps limiter option in the VPX video settings from 1 or 2 it might have to 0. If 0 already leave as is. I've noticed a great improvement in my flipper buttons response time on my cabinet since changing that setting to ultra. It wasn't bad before, but after trying this it was immediately apparent that it was more of a delay than I thought it was before. Now it feels instant! Seriously like the real thing. Just a tip I figured I'd throw out there while in the Nvidia control panel settings, for anyone who doesn't know already.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I run a 11900F 20 threaded cpu with nvidia 1080 8gb and 32bit version of 10.71 and getting a lil bit of a jerky ball movement on settings set to high pc. Which version are you guys running on VPX? Maybe i should update my VPX?  The only table i ever had a ball jerk movement and i have the same issue if i put pc settings on low.  i updated to 10.74 and issue still persists so only option left is 64bit i guess :(.

EDIT: FIXED! Okay i never had to do this with my other tables but researching stuttering balls i had to turn on vsync in VPX. 32bit and 3072 textures and this game runs like all my other tables...so smooth. Just for interest sake my big bang bar also runs smoother now. Woohoo! 32bit baabyy haha

Edited by Madonion

I've been having an issue with Last Action Hero that is NOT specific to this version, but does occur with this one as well.  It's doing something that is crashing (or unloading or ejecting or whatever the right terminology is) my pin2dmd.  The dmd freezes and then vpx and popper start giving me a "pin2dmd not found" popup.  Usually takes a few reboots for it to come back.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it, and how to possibly avoid it, other than not playing tables that seem to trigger it?

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, rootchord said:

i  downloaded  the  lah_113.zip rom and put it in  my roms folder and i'm running 10.7.4 64 bit. but when i start it i get "Machine 'lah_113' (Last Action Hero (1.13  unofficial  MOD)) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or file"

i've tried re-downloading it a couple times in case it was a bad download, but still same results. any guidance would be much  appreciated,

On 5/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, rootchord said:

Had Trouble, but I Edited the Script

Table: Last Action Hero (Data East 1993) VPW v1.2.vpx

Change Line 64 to lah_112 or the lah_112.zip ROM

64 Const cGameName = "lah_112"

Save the Script and Reboot it.

Edited by zoomare
Double Quote

• 7 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 4:14 AM, Wylte said:

Answer in the comments - you need 112 also present in the roms folder, as it has the base files.

Have both 112 and 113 in the ROMS folder (yes they are unblocked.)

Still get the error..
Machine 'lah_113' (Last Action hero (1.13 unofficial MOD)) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file.

I guess it doesn't matter if this version (113) works or not. I still have a fully working original (Last Action Hero (1994). So I will just delete the 113 mod and stick with the unbroken table.

1 hour ago, Brian_Frank said:

Have both 112 and 113 in the ROMS folder (yes they are unblocked.)

Still get the error..
Machine 'lah_113' (Last Action hero (1.13 unofficial MOD)) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file.

I guess it doesn't matter if this version (113) works or not. I still have a fully working original (Last Action Hero (1994). So I will just delete the 113 mod and stick with the unbroken table.

did you run setup.exe in your vpinmame folder? Run that, Click on Test, find the lah roms, highlight one and then click Check Roms. The window will show if your roms are good or missing parts. 

1 minute ago, Brian_Frank said:

Looks like 112 is good, but 113 has some CRC Issue... Is there a better location to download a good copy of the lah_113.zip ROM?

Lah_113 Issues.jpg

Lah_112 Verified Good.jpg

There ya go. There's your problem. You need a newer version of the rom which should be available here on VPU. @CarnyPriest keeps us up to date here with the roms. Pinball Nirvana also has the newer pinmame 3.6 versions of roms

On 5/20/2023 at 1:58 PM, Wylte said:

Did you get it from here on VPU?  In testing one user had the same issue, but it went away by downloading this one:

Thanks. Looks like all I needed was the lahcpua.113 file in the ROM ZIP. I had the one with all the others, but not that particular file. That brings my collection of 490 tables into full compliance and working order! Closing in on 500! Man it was a TON of working getting all the DMD's and various VP Tables running as they should.

Hi wonderfull version but still having issue to trigger the Pinsound pack that is 'magistral" on this one since i switch to 64Bit and all last version i have freeze using pinsound with VPX 64. any resolution? ( i see that data east still complex for 64BIT Pinsound compatibility) is there any altsound pack for Last Action ?