[New VP10 Alert] X-Men LE (Stern 2012) VPW Mod

3 minutes ago, wryker said:

I don't get it. It was working fine last week - now I don't get the images loading for 1/2 the table. :(

On all tables or just this one? If all tables I'd try rolling back the video driver in device manager. If just this one I'd rename it and download as new again 

38 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

On all tables or just this one? If all tables I'd try rolling back the video driver in device manager. If just this one I'd rename it and download as new again 

My driver was released w/a new one on 1/5/2023.

Version 528.02

Ok - i went and reinstalled the table from the external drive where i d/l all my files and pull-from to my drive that has the tables...and it loaded fine.

Weird.

Next is to fire up Popper and see if it plays fine.

And it loaded fine.

Weird.

At least it's playing fine ...right now...in the one game I'm about to go play! THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING!! I really appreciate it. Nothing worse then posting an issue and no one attempts to assist.

Any suggestions to help with ball stuttering? When I get multiball my playfield begins to stutter the balls so it makes it difficult to play. I didn't see anything in the script or in the post for this table on suggestions if issues.

I only have a 1080p pf and running GTX 1650 SUPER GPU.

This is the only table that is currently unplayable due to really poor frame rate on my GTX 1060 3Gb at 1080p. It is only running at 25 - 40 fps in attract mode and the lights / everything is stuttering really badly. I tried every performance setting I could in the table specific options and it made no difference the table was completely unplayable.

I then changed one setting in the global setting for Visual Pinball (Max texture dimension from unlimited to 2048) and suddenly it's playable with a rock steady 60fps with all the other table settings at default. 

The problem is that I don't want to change the global setting just to fix the performance issue with this one table.

I am currently playing Iron Maiden and Game of Thrones on my set-up with no performance issues, so this is definitely specific to this table.

I was going to see if I could reduce size of some of the larger images, but it's not possible to export .exr and .webp images for some reason?

Solved:- I was using PinAffinity and for some reason it was causing alot of the problems with the frame rate for this game. I also upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a GTX 1660 Super and am now getting over 200fps

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 9:26 AM, Thalamus said:

The true solution is probably to install and use the 64bit version of VP, or, adjust the max texture under video options. Error kind of says it all, probably not enough Videomem.

Hey all, I am working through the same issue - getting the same out of memory issue.  I will post more after I try the 64 bit version of VP.  But I did want to chime in about video memory.  I am getting this exact same error and I am running a 6900XT GPU, 32 gb of RAM, and a 5800X3D processor - so pretty much a monster.  I guess anything is possible, but I don't think I would be running out of video memory.  Hope that helps with anyone's future troubleshooting.

@CaptTripps - the videomem limitation is a function of 32-bit application addressing limit vs 64-bit addressing limit.  A 32 bit application is limited to 2^32 bits (4GB), so while your 6900XT is indeed a monster, its addressable memory is limited by a 32-bit application to 4GB.  Limiting this table via the "Elements Detail" slider and / or selecting something other than "Unlimited" in the table video max texture settings may be of help.

***One thing you may also wish to try is selecting the "Use Alternate Depth Buffer" setting within the VPX Video Prefs menu since you have an AMD card...

There are definitely a few options available to get this to run properly on your system, so good luck with your testing.

Best,

D

New to VPX so please excuse what may seem like a basic question. I'm trying to play the X-Men table on an AtGames Legends Pinball device. Everything opens fine, but the playfield looks too skinny. In other words, it's not filling up my display. I haven't encountered this issue with the few other VPX tables I've tried. Is there a setting I should adjust to make it fit my screen size?

3 hours ago, loganthehuge said:

New to VPX so please excuse what may seem like a basic question. I'm trying to play the X-Men table on an AtGames Legends Pinball device. Everything opens fine, but the playfield looks too skinny. In other words, it's not filling up my display. I haven't encountered this issue with the few other VPX tables I've tried. Is there a setting I should adjust to make it fit my screen size?

Load the table up in vpx and run it with F6 to change the aspects of it. Then exit out and it will save your settings

• 3 weeks later...