[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

3 minutes ago, luvthatapex said:

ok, then try this. 

in your vp_game_map.yaml you should see a cc_13 entry (for CCC).

here is mine.

cc_13:
  path: /../games/cactuscanyon
  kls: game.CCGame
  yaml: /../games/cactuscanyon/config/cc_machine.yaml

This corresponds to my c drive. p-roc is installed at c:\p-roc

vp_game_map.yaml is at c:\p-roc\shared

CCC source code is at C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon

make sure CCC vp table is in the same folder as your other p-roc tables.

forget the table for now. try to run the gamecode like this from dos from the cactuscanyon folder:

python Game.py

what do you get? You should see the game running on the display. 

once you get this far you should be able to get the table running too.

well i don't see the game... but i heard a noise like wind. then nothing

11 minutes ago, luvthatapex said:

ok, then try this. 

in your vp_game_map.yaml you should see a cc_13 entry (for CCC).

here is mine.

cc_13:
  path: /../games/cactuscanyon
  kls: game.CCGame
  yaml: /../games/cactuscanyon/config/cc_machine.yaml

This corresponds to my c drive. p-roc is installed at c:\p-roc

vp_game_map.yaml is at c:\p-roc\shared

CCC source code is at C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon

make sure CCC vp table is in the same folder as your other p-roc tables.

forget the table for now. try to run the gamecode like this from dos from the cactuscanyon folder:

python Game.py

what do you get? You should see the game running on the display. 

once you get this far you should be able to get the table running too.

okay i see it now

2 hours ago, JoshMatt38 said:

but i still get the errors i posted... even on the non proc version...

I've seen the error you posted. You have to change a few lines. compare these lines to what you have in the script of you cactus canyon continue 2.0

The ones in bold need to be changed. You probably have LoadVBSFiles, etc. comment them out (see the ' character in front) and replace  what I have below.

Const PROC = 1

Const BallSize = 50
Const BallMass = 1.7

On Error Resume Next
 ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("controller.vbs")
 If Err Then MsgBox "You need the controller.vbs in order to run this table, available in the vp10 package"
 On Error Goto 0

Dim DesktopMode:DesktopMode = Table1.ShowDT
Dim UseVPMDMD:UseVPMDMD = DesktopMode

Const cGameName = "cc_13"
Const B2ScGameName = "Proc_CC"
Const UseVPMModSol = True

'LoadVBSFiles "02800000", "WPC.VBS", 3.52

'If PROC = 1 Then
'    LoadController("PROC")
'Else
'    LoadController("VPM")
'End If

If PROC = 1 Then
LoadProc "02000000", "WPC.VBS", 3.50
Else
LoadVPM "02000000", "WPC.VBS", 3.50
End If

Interestingly, I also started to have the same problem with both the regular version of Ninuzzu's CC and also the P-ROC enhanced CCC. Both were working OK earlier, but I just noticed I get the same errors like @JoshMatt38. The only thing I changed was upgrading to VPX 10.7 but now even using 10.6 doesn't help anymore, both tables are broken 🙁

Thanks @luvthatapex , that change worked for the regular CC. However, while the P-ROC CCC does start, it doesn't give a ball in the shooter lane.

I wonder what could be the problem...

The new VPin workshop version runs just fine, but I'd love to fix CCC.

9 hours ago, luvthatapex said:

I've seen the error you posted. You have to change a few lines. compare these lines to what you have in the script of you cactus canyon continue 2.0

The ones in bold need to be changed. You probably have LoadVBSFiles, etc. comment them out (see the ' character in front) and replace  what I have below.

Const PROC = 1

Const BallSize = 50
Const BallMass = 1.7

On Error Resume Next
 ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("controller.vbs")
 If Err Then MsgBox "You need the controller.vbs in order to run this table, available in the vp10 package"
 On Error Goto 0

Dim DesktopMode:DesktopMode = Table1.ShowDT
Dim UseVPMDMD:UseVPMDMD = DesktopMode

Const cGameName = "cc_13"
Const B2ScGameName = "Proc_CC"
Const UseVPMModSol = True

'LoadVBSFiles "02800000", "WPC.VBS", 3.52

'If PROC = 1 Then
'    LoadController("PROC")
'Else
'    LoadController("VPM")
'End If

If PROC = 1 Then
LoadProc "02000000", "WPC.VBS", 3.50
Else
LoadVPM "02000000", "WPC.VBS", 3.50
End If

no go... :(

3 hours ago, JoshMatt38 said:

no go... :(

ok, try my table/backglass. This works 100% so if it doesn't, its a problem with your scripts or something on your machine.

You can flip between p-roc and regular by changing the PROC variable. but try it our of the box before changing anything. its set for p-roc at launch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cCVrWPpoApdRgPAOlyxjPps8riBSFPnY/view?usp=sharing

Edited by luvthatapex

17 hours ago, luvthatapex said:

ok, try my table/backglass. This works 100% so if it doesn't, its a problem with your scripts or something on your machine.

You can flip between p-roc and regular by changing the PROC variable. but try it our of the box before changing anything. its set for p-roc at launch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cCVrWPpoApdRgPAOlyxjPps8riBSFPnY/view?usp=sharing

opps... it did work!! i forgot to close and save the table. then reload and run it lol. my bad. thanks for the help bro. they both work again!

Been trying the new CC with PROC, Two issues I've found so far.
The drop (or certainly the far left) targets are not registering, they drop physically but the hit isn't registered.
When launching from PinballX I'm getting a long delay, and then the VPX editor window is shown, the game IS running and ALT-Tab works to get focus......

Both work fine with the previous version.

Anyone else seeing this?

First of all. This is the thread for the old version of CC / CCC. For that version, you should be good using the script that outhere linked to. For the new and improved. Well, there are some small things that is in the script for the old version, that is now being included into an update. Either compare the scripts, and fix it yourself. Or, wait for the update is my suggestion.

i have tried many combinations to get this table installed for a desktop and have failed. could someone kindly give me a step by step guide please. as i say i have followed as instructed on the download files which all installed correctly so it looked but haven't . 

thanks 

10 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Show us the problem.

a bit odd this is that the latest build is fine without p-roc even being installed. but if i try to install from the French site as outlined in major Frenchy you tube clip with the additional tables i get errors and that's with p-roc and python installed. 

i think i should quit in trying to do to much and wait for the latest tables to be upgraded as and when. as always many thanks 

The CC becomes CCC if you go into the script and change PROC=0 to PROC=1. It also then requires P-ROC installed and working. How to get P-ROC to work, is for some, just following the guides given. I have however seen quite knowledgeable computer guys struggling too. That is when it is hard to help out, often the guy having troubles isn't able to explain the problem well enough to get resolved. For me, it has been ages since I debugged P-ROC and remember very little of the whole process. For me, it was a added issue having both Python and Perl installed at the same time, with SOME of the same requirements, but, not all. So, my suggestion is - follow the guide on how to install p-roc, if you can't understand it or it isn't working afterwards. Maybe it just isn't meant to be. It is after all only a couple of tables you're missing out on.

1 hour ago, Thalamus said:

The CC becomes CCC if you go into the script and change PROC=0 to PROC=1. It also then requires P-ROC installed and working. How to get P-ROC to work, is for some, just following the guides given. I have however seen quite knowledgeable computer guys struggling too. That is when it is hard to help out, often the guy having troubles isn't able to explain the problem well enough to get resolved. For me, it has been ages since I debugged P-ROC and remember very little of the whole process. For me, it was a added issue having both Python and Perl installed at the same time, with SOME of the same requirements, but, not all. So, my suggestion is - follow the guide on how to install p-roc, if you can't understand it or it isn't working afterwards. Maybe it just isn't meant to be. It is after all only a couple of tables you're missing out on.

i have reinstalled major Frenchie guide from you tube once again and followed that guide step by step.  all files on c drive present and correct and all files in the same folders as per the guide. on loading the table from visual pinball table folder i just have the following 3 errors that crop up. the table then appears not working of course 

ScreenHunter 203.jpg

ScreenHunter 202.jpg

ScreenHunter 204.jpg

Edited by fourbanks

39 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

I don't know Major Frenchie's guide. Maybe ask him since you don't follow the one here.

i did follow the guide here and as my post above stated i had error's and you said show me the problem? of which I've done in the above post. both guides here and that of major Frenchie appear to me to be identical although his guide allows you to get hold of some additional tables should one need them 

Yes. Well, then I'm sorry to say. I haven't seen those errors before. I believe you should be able to run 'python game.py' and get some kind of feedback to if the basic is working. game.py is somewhere inside the game structure. Those erors you've got reminds me most of screwed up install with stray *.vbs files. This is p-roc and its been too long since I visited that install.

3 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Yes. Well, then I'm sorry to say. I haven't seen those errors before. I believe you should be able to run 'python game.py' and get some kind of feedback to if the basic is working. game.py is somewhere inside the game structure. Those erors you've got reminds me most of screwed up install with stray *.vbs files. This is p-roc and its been too long since I visited that install.

no problem i will just stick to the table that's just been released which works fine 

4 hours ago, Thalamus said:

before i give up where are these so called For VPX 10.6, users can just copy the vbs file to the same folder as the table? what vbs script should i copy to the table file. the python scripts of the p-roc scripts or both ?

Edited by fourbanks

NEVER EVER copy *.vbs files into your table if you are not 100% sure why you are doing it. That is one of the things that might be related to those errors of yours. I didn't get feedback from you on the game.py. Need to get that to work.