[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

10 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

NEVER EVER copy *.vbs files into your table if you are not 100% sure why you are doing it. That is one of the things that might be related to those errors of yours. I didn't get feedback from you on the game.py. Need to get that to work.

i haven't copied any scripts into the table folder 

these are the errors in full 

Screenshot (206).png

Screenshot (207).png

Screenshot (205).png

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

i haven't copied any scripts into the table folder 

these are the errors in full 

Screenshot (206).png

Screenshot (207).png

Screenshot (205).png

I didn't get feedback from you on the game.py. Need to get that to work.

yes that's working. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. its just the errors now as above on starting the table from the table folder 

Edited by fourbanks

So, the dmd comes up without any errors for p-roc ? I see that you are using the TT version. Did you replace the script as stated in this thread ? That is a requirement after upgrading the scripts folder to 10.7 - because of changes. Actually, the only table I know that needs a change, currently.

Actually. I can see that you didn't. It is mentioned in the table release (script has been updated because of 10.7)

6 hours ago, Thalamus said:

So, the dmd comes up without any errors for p-roc ? I see that you are using the TT version. Did you replace the script as stated in this thread ? That is a requirement after upgrading the scripts folder to 10.7 - because of changes. Actually, the only table I know that needs a change, currently.

Actually. I can see that you didn't. It is mentioned in the table release (script has been updated because of 10.7)

you've lost me. are you saying i have to download your script and then to delete the tables script and replace it with yours ? 

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Cactus Canyon (Bally 1998) TTNZ v2.0.vbs 

Yes. You can either do it - kind of manually. Select everything cut/paste.

Or the easy way.

Make sure the script is named exactly the same as the table as you load it (like for *.directb2s) - load the table - play. And if it is working to your satisfaction. Exit and press save. Then you can delete the script again. VP, if it finds a script named exactly like the table when the table itself loads. It will replace the inline editor code with the external script. Read more about it on the github page, several hundreds of tables there, but, many have already been updated and has higher version numbers. Don't do that routine, if the filenames doesn't match though. Might break the table. But, then again. Easily fixable, just download or unzip it again :9

Still valuable to keep "outdated" scripts there, they are easily available if you are editing another table and want easy access to examples.

For the new version of CC / CCC,  from vpw, I haven't checked. Might have been updated now - or might still have a few issues with drops and the hat jumping with the left flipper key pressed. That one at least implemented the essential change, so it should at least start. I'm sure that there will be an update, if it hasn't already been fixed.

53 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Yes. You can either do it - kind of manually. Select everything cut/paste.

Or the easy way.

Make sure the script is named exactly the same as the table as you load it (like for *.directb2s) - load the table - play. And if it is working to your satisfaction. Exit and press save. Then you can delete the script again. VP, if it finds a script named exactly like the table when the table itself loads. It will replace the inline editor code with the external script. Read more about it on the github page, several hundreds of tables there, but, many have already been updated and has higher version numbers. Don't do that routine, if the filenames doesn't match though. Might break the table. But, then again. Easily fixable, just download or unzip it again :9

Still valuable to keep "outdated" scripts there, they are easily available if you are editing another table and want easy access to examples.

For the new version of CC / CCC,  from vpw, I haven't checked. Might have been updated now - or might still have a few issues with drops and the hat jumping with the left flipper key pressed. That one at least implemented the essential change, so it should at least start. I'm sure that there will be an update, if it hasn't already been fixed.

thanks. my problem i have now is that i cant cut and paste the numbers just the text ? when i select all the numbers don't highlight. i did click on raw also there again the numbers don't show  

37 minutes ago, outhere said:

Click the Green button and download the ZIP file
Then unzip it and use the file you want

I've done that and although the table now loads the script window is blank as the script wont paste so therefore is blank ? I've also placed the script in the visual pinball script folder and also the vpinname script folder 

Edited by fourbanks

Hmm. Do you mean - where the only change is PROC=0 vs PROC=1 ? You could always, just depending on that value, save the table as CC.vpx and CCC.vpx if you want them both available without having to change the script for the future. On github I can't really give people two choices, can I ? Then they would come running every time asking if this table is the correct one for the table that is NOT exactly the same as the table. There is one table but two options/games for CC or CCC, whatever you want to call it.

so the script for both tables is the same ? except PROC=0 vs PROC=1  and CC.vpx and CCC.vpx

so what should i use for the Cactus Canyon ? and for Cactus Canyon Continued

Cactus Canyon save as CC.vpx and Cactus Canyon Continued save as ccc.vpx ?

Edited by fourbanks

On 4/28/2021 at 3:40 PM, darthwhat said:

Did you follow Major Frenchy's vid tut?

for the other tables listed here in this you tube clip they wont work as I'll need the scripts? or find someone who understands what my screenshot faults are as above ? if anyone has the scripts for these other tables then do please let me know 

Evil Dead

Gremlins

K2000 (KnightRider)

TotalSickness

Jaws

many thanks guys for your help. its been a good learning exercise for me and successful 

You need the table and the python code - that is all the code that you currently have under c:\p-roc\games

Currently you sound to have cactuscanyon in place.

In case you are wondering. I don't have all those titles myself.

24 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

You need the table and the python code - that is all the code that you currently have under c:\p-roc\games

thanks anyhow once again. I'm sure the tables will be in the making at some point in the future 

28 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

I thought you were behind all of the tables in one way or another ? helping out putting the scripts together and then passing them on to the author's? well whatever your role is we need more members like you' always going the extra mile. and of course JP and toxie / outhere/ brandon/ CP/and the many others who give tirelessly of their time in the helping of others ☺️

On 5/5/2021 at 4:11 PM, Thalamus said:

Hmm. Do you mean - where the only change is PROC=0 vs PROC=1 ? You could always, just depending on that value, save the table as CC.vpx and CCC.vpx if you want them both available without having to change the script for the future. On github I can't really give people two choices, can I ? Then they would come running every time asking if this table is the correct one for the table that is NOT exactly the same as the table. There is one table but two options/games for CC or CCC, whatever you want to call it.

I've tried saving the tables ccvpx etc but i can only save the cc table and not ccc as the ccc closes back to the desktop and will not let me go to the editor to save as