[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

One more note last call starts as a multiball so if you are only seeing 1 ball released then there is an overall issue with the trough in the VP table.

Last call starts with 3 balls and ends when you are down to 1 ball. If anyone is seeing 1 less ball in the multiballs perhaps the trough switches in the vp table are off by 1.

Definitely seeing this behaviour

GMM - 2 ball, it seems to know that - it ejects two balls, but if you loose one you then get the restart prompt, so it is aware there are two and not assuming there are three
Not sure if this is normal but when trying to light the locks the goldmine moves back down again after a period of time where as in normal CC I'm pretty sure it stays up after the first hit (but this could be a feature in CCC)

Last Call - just one ball ejected.

• Content Provider

Yes, I had mentioned the issue with Last Call earlier in this thread. 

I don't recall any commits to the official project code that described modifying the rules surrounding multi-balls or Last Call. So, it could be an issue with how the trough works in the table. I'm not an author, so I don't have insight into how the trough may be different in this table versus other WPC tables that are relying on features coded in the standard VBS scripts.

I do recall that at one point these features worked correctly, but I don't have a feel for when this changed. My cabinet was out of commission for over a year even as I was continuing to sync the code in the CCCforVP repository. Not much of an ability to test anything thoroughly. 

Note: ninuzzu is no longer active in the community. He hasn't visited any of the sites since last May at the latest. Before he left for good, he did give me permission to update V3.2 of the installer to update the Install CCC.bat file for newer assets and to increment the version number. He did want the table uploaded here, but felt no motivation to work on any update for the table. It was actually Wildman who uploaded the file here (same version that was originally at MBPC), submitting it under ninuzzu's account so that at least credit could be given where due. However, no permission has been given to modify the table. Not to me, anyway. I'd sure like to figure out a fix for this. If it can be fixed in the table script then this can be submitted to @Thalamus script repo. If any fix requires the VP editor then it can be distributed as a patch, I guess.

@luvthatapex

I've tried that script on the table/proc setup I've got and I have and don't see the same result.

I'm 97% I had this working at some point, I'd be interested to try the actual table you have rather than just the script

It was a few years back, so my memory is pretty hazy, but I'm sure this was an issue and then it got solved....

I did update my tables to the ones here from what I had, and the file sizes were slightly different as I recall, I assumed I was going from the one I had to the latest but it may be I went backwards.....

Edit: nope - I restored my previous one from backup and same behaviour, I'll try reverting my proc gamecode tomorrow....

1 hour ago, grunger106 said:

@luvthatapex

I've tried that script on the table/proc setup I've got and I have and don't see the same result.

I'm 97% I had this working at some point, I'd be interested to try the actual table you have rather than just the script

It was a few years back, so my memory is pretty hazy, but I'm sure this was an issue and then it got solved....

I did update my tables to the ones here from what I had, and the file sizes were slightly different as I recall, I assumed I was going from the one I had to the latest but it may be I went backwards.....

Edit: nope - I restored my previous one from backup and same behaviour, I'll try reverting my proc gamecode tomorrow....

ok, here is the table that works for me. Hope it helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W_x_aXniPNl00f0DVvOvwlFYEwcL7z2F

So I have spent the last two evenings trying to get CCC running.   I have been unable to get the older "Install CCC.bat" to function due to dead links.   After reviewing this thread and numerous others I saw that CarnyPriest referenced a 3.4 setup package he posted in an earlier post. I have searched this thread numerous times and cannot for the life of me locate the link.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I may still be out of luck if I cannot locate other files but really want to attempt to get it working.  The other install steps and check installation .bat all seem to work fine. 

Thanks Carny, Thalamus and others - you have certainly helped me a great deal with your input and posts.

BeachBum

The only thing I've not investigated is the version of PROC

The one I'm running will be a similar era to my working game code, does that need updating along with the newer assets?
How do you check the PROC version?

If I can help test anything when real-life allows the time just shoot me  a message :)

16 hours ago, grunger106 said:

Ok, I've done a little testing.

Tried @luvthatapex's table with the same result, so it's not the table.

I then reverted my gamecode to what I had before (dated 01/2018) and I now have 3 ball multiballs, but I guess with older assets

Wow thats interesting. I am using the updated gamecode from late 2019 (whatever erics last CCC release) and it works just fine. Theres not much difference besides some call outs so I would just enjoy whatever works at the moment.

Its way more fun with 3 ball multiballs!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, luvthatapex said:

Wow thats interesting. I am using the updated gamecode from late 2019 (whatever erics last CCC release) and it works just fine. Theres not much difference besides some call outs so I would just enjoy whatever works at the moment.

Its way more fun with 3 ball multiballs!

Do you also get 3 balls with Last Call?

14 minutes ago, CarnyPriest said:

Do you also get 3 balls with Last Call?

Yes, I get 3 balls with last call and the other CCC multiballs. Thats why I posted the vpx script and vpx table for download. I assumed everyone was running the latest python gamecode so that wasn't the issue. Guess there is some small change somewhere in the gamecode but there is no mention of the real game having the 2 ball issue?

I installed the latest CCC update via ninuzzos script or yours, in October, not recently. I seem to recall manually running the steps to get the assets since the install script bombed.

To be clear from my testing I see the following:

Table + Script - Latest from VPU (2.0)
PROC+Assets from 01/2018
Result: 3 balls where there should be(Certainly in Gold Mine MB + Last Call)

Running the script to download the latest assets on another PC then copying and dropping those in place of \CactusCanyon in the gamecode folder, results in 2 balls in GoldMine and 1 ball in last call.

Perhaps I need to update Python itself? (When I was taking about PROC previously I meant Python)

13 minutes ago, grunger106 said:

To be clear from my testing I see the following:

Table + Script - Latest from VPU (2.0)
PROC+Assets from 01/2018
Result: 3 balls where there should be(Certainly in Gold Mine MB + Last Call)

Running the script to download the latest assets on another PC then copying and dropping those in place of \CactusCanyon in the gamecode folder, results in 2 balls in GoldMine and 1 ball in last call.

Perhaps I need to update Python itself? (When I was taking about PROC previously I meant Python)

ok, lets be specific maybe this will help figure out the small issue. My rig is Table and script VPU 1.0 (I am not using the 2.0 script).

Gamecode (PROC and Assets if you will):

Python Code - Updated May 7th, 2018
DMD Updated June 29, 2019
Audio -  Updated June 29, 2019

Python is just the language this has nothing to do with the issue so updating python to 2.8 or 2.9 or whatever won't mean anything.

Results: 3 balls with all multiballs in CCC including Last Call.

• 2 weeks later...

I found and fixed this problem before.   Maybe I posted about it on Monsterbash though.   It's a setting - the game is coded to do this when in "test mode"  or something like that.  I'll try and track it down again.

*Edit* I'm pretty sure this was the "fakepinproc" ... and found my old post was on VPForums. 

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35311&p=361716

This needs to be false but it looks like Carny changed it back to true in his repo for some reason.