[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

27 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

What about opening the table - not playing it - change the proc value and press save as ?

Thanks yes that worked. the changing of the value from 1 to 0 did work but for some reason stopped. but as you said above the save as is by far the best way to go

thanks once again  

• 2 weeks later...

So after finally getting Cactus canyon continued to work. I figured I make a guide I would have apricated if it was there for me when I first started trying to get this to work.

This is a first draft. Pleas do tell if something needs to be changed or added.

This is a basic guide. There are other ways to do things and everything does not have to be as I say (like you don't have to place the file on C, this is mentioned in this support thread how to do). But the guide is this way to keep it simple.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13IFTYmMBM2NyLhg49XZIDoDCJdmb5RFhhcbH347ZL2w/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Karmeck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lucky1 for this ! Unfortunately , I get an error message when launching :

Line 3540 
Python Failed check the log C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py
   line 604 check

raise USBError(_strerror(ret), ret, _libusb_errno[ret])

USBError errorno13 access denied (insufficient permissions)

Any ideas what I could do ? When I revert back to the original ep_desktop_pygame file, the table works again (but of course with the dmd on the backglass).

thanks !

• 2 months later...

Anyone else having issues where getting double balls launched with P-Roc games? I launch one ball then a second goes in the shoot. It counts as a second ball so if I lose the first it actually is ball 2. I can launch the second ball to and play it. So far happening with all P-Roc games.

edit: upon further review, it appears that as soon as launch ball, getting a ball end, so that is why the next ball becomes ready. 

Edited by TravelNVal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone,

Is there an option in one of the .yaml files to set the DMD to "always be on top" or something? I cant find it

3 screen cabinet, Playfield, Backglass & FullDMD LCD. I setup a DMD Underlay video with Popper just like every other table I have installed (working fine). When the table starts the DMD is hidden behind the underlay and I have to AltTab to the DMD, then AltTab back to the playfield/VPX to get it on top.

I swear it was working fine a few weeks ago. I have checked my display settings, searched for a "always on top", I even created a mini-puppack for just the underlay video and the DMD is still hidden when the table starts.

13 minutes ago, 6of1 said:

Hey everyone,

Is there an option in one of the .yaml files to set the DMD to "always be on top" or something? I cant find it

3 screen cabinet, Playfield, Backglass & FullDMD LCD. I setup a DMD Underlay video with Popper just like every other table I have installed (working fine). When the table starts the DMD is hidden behind the underlay and I have to AltTab to the DMD, then AltTab back to the playfield/VPX to get it on top.

I swear it was working fine a few weeks ago. I have checked my display settings, searched for a "always on top", I even created a mini-puppack for just the underlay video and the DMD is still hidden when the table starts.

https://discordapp.com/channels/652274650524418078/791047876343627776/904813817404473384

well what I found on discord was instructions to edit the user_settings.yaml file by adding

dmd_always_on_top: true,

after

Color Display Pixel Size: 8, Color Display X Offset: 2375, Color Display Y Offset: 825,

Unfortunately, this fix didn't work for me.

got it installed.. had to remove every trace of Python and redo... Now step 2 finishes and says P-ROC is installed!

But, opening CCC says 'Can't load PROC' 

Got it working, i wasn't running the vpx from the same drive as proc. 

I do have odd issues with the ball trough, no balls put into the shooter lane.. And the few times it has worked the flippers feel sluggish and don't work as intended in the drunk multiball. 

Edited by DaveTheTrain

• 3 months later...

after a long time playing this table with the previous version. I updated to version 2.0 and I'm having problems with the dmd colorization. any tricks to work the colorization correctly? I also realized that I used the .bat file to trigger the real dmd (pin2dmd), but it seems to me that it is no longer necessary. anyway I did the test with the Bat file too, but both ways the animation starts in yellow color and then it's not very good coloring (it seems to me that it's not as it should be). If anyone has gone through this and has a suggestion I just have to thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to VP10.7 now have multiple issues now on script. Any thoughts?

Compile error
-------------
Line: 51
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'LoadVBSFiles'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 77
Variable is undefined: 'vpmInit'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 179
Object required: 'Controller'

9 hours ago, TravelNVal said:

Upgraded to VP10.7 now have multiple issues now on script. Any thoughts?

Compile error
-------------
Line: 51
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'LoadVBSFiles'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 77
Variable is undefined: 'vpmInit'

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 179
Object required: 'Controller'

I have the same error happening ! 10.7.1

If you go for 10.7 - update all the files - that includes core.vbs where I expect those error of yours are coming from. Also, make sure that there is no left-over *.vbs files ... ie core.vbs in tables folder or somewhere else where it should not be.

If you want to run 10.6 as standard, you may, as 10.6 is compatible with the 10.7 updated files, but, not the other way around. You can rename VPinballX.exe to VPinballX107.exe if you want and rename 10.6.2 version to pr. example VPinballX.exe - pr. example.

7 hours ago, Thalamus said:

If you go for 10.7 - update all the files - that includes core.vbs where I expect those error of yours are coming from. Also, make sure that there is no left-over *.vbs files ... ie core.vbs in tables folder or somewhere else where it should not be.

If you want to run 10.6 as standard, you may, as 10.6 is compatible with the 10.7 updated files, but, not the other way around. You can rename VPinballX.exe to VPinballX107.exe if you want and rename 10.6.2 version to pr. example VPinballX.exe - pr. example.

no extra vbs files anywhere and re-copied the 10.7 same issue.. only table not working so far with 10.7. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just tried to play Cactus Canyon Continued with 2 players for the first time in a while.  When i hit start a second time for the player, visual pinball crashes.  I'm running 10.7.  I've also tried it with 10.6 minimum, still crashes.  I have updated the freezy dll to use 64 bit color dmd.  I have also updated to the vbs file for CCC mentioned for 10.7 fixes.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Any suggestions on what to check?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hi, I have updated the VP port of the game code to be current to the official code repo, revision 2022.04.20. However, the author added nothing new that impacts VPX users, just added a feature for machine owners wanting to use Raspberry Pi and custom displays plus a lot of cleanup for debug logging messages (which are instructions I have to comment out anyway). This means that there is absolutely no need for users to update anything. Still, it is good not to let a lot of commits stack up.

For new installs, the same v3.4 installer still works and will grab the default 2022.04.20 revision from my repository. I can't test the pin2dmd branch but I'm hoping that it still works. As before, users wanting native pin2dmd support will need to go to my repo on Github and download the pin2dmd branch.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, TravelNVal said:

no extra vbs files anywhere and re-copied the 10.7 same issue.. only table not working so far with 10.7. 

have you solveit? same issue  updating to 10.7 thanks! someone!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...