[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

I have got this great table working in P-Roc but have somehow managed to disable the train so it does not move.

I comes it with the message TRAIN DISABLED CHECK ENCODER SWITCH on the DMD when it first loads,

The train modes are all Enabled in the Settings  in the config & I can`t work out how to change it back to working in the DMD settings menu,

Any help would be much appreciated

I don't know if I can be of any help but I'll try. Is there an NV Ram file anywhere in the installation folder? If sox try deleting it and restarting the game. I've never had any issues with the train and table has always played out of the box so to speak. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, stevegooner123 said:

I have got this great table working in P-Roc but have somehow managed to disable the train so it does not move.

I comes it with the message TRAIN DISABLED CHECK ENCODER SWITCH on the DMD when it first loads,

The train modes are all Enabled in the Settings  in the config & I can`t work out how to change it back to working in the DMD settings menu,

Any help would be much appreciated

CCC uses python and the p-roc. No vpinmame/no nvram. The error message you are getting is due to switch 71 - trainencoder. When the game starts, the train moves into position. If something is wrong with switch 71, you'll get this error.

trainEncoder is setup in the config\cc_machine.yaml It could be the vp table that you are using isn't configured properly to bridge over to the CCC code. There are a bunch of CCC vp tables (vp9 and vpx) which one are you using?

Actually I just tested this vp10 version - Cactus Canyon Continued _TTNZ  v2.0

It looks like if you have the PROC enabled, it disables the train. If you disable the PROC and use vpinmame instead, the train works just fine.

See the top of the script - 

line33                Const PROC = 1

If you change this to PROC = 0, the train will work but then you are playing the regular version of cactus canyon. I guess when the train mech was changed in VPX version 2.0, it broke the CCC train.

In general - use installer. Carny has you covered on all the proc-stuff. Then get the vpx fixes from DJRobX and Toxie from the script repo. People keep referring me as the owner of the scripts, which is wrong. I see it as a community resource. If you find something being wrong, I would be very happy to add it for the benefit of us all.

• 1 month later...

If you have the new core.vbs - there is a fix for the script at "our" github script collection.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/master/Cactus Canyon (Bally 1998) TTNZ v2.0.vbs

See the comment ...

' Mentioned by Toxie here : https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&p=456910

If you want to know more details. Just know that CC and CCC has several small but essential changes that I recommend you apply from using that script. Solenoid fix from DjRobX for fast flip etc. It is in this version - vs. the original posted one. If the Toxie patch is in or not - I have yet to check. (updated post)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, darthwhat said:

Did you follow Major Frenchy's vid tut?

no i didn't. but it won/t install rite or something. i have Gremlins too. but it don't work. horsepin evil dead always gives some dumb error. im better off skipping any proc tables

12 hours ago, JoshMatt38 said:

maybe its due to the fact p_roc sucks?

Wrong. p-roc is awesome. Its a boardset that is used by the following games and is growing - cactus canyon continued, houdini, oktoberfest, hot wheels, alice cooper nightmare castle, rick and morty, legends of valhalla, wrath of olympics, and several more. The thing that sucks is getting the vpinball bridge to run the python code from visual basic. You have to understand the vpinball table is running visual basic and the bridge makes the python code run in its native format with translations to the switiches/solenoids and lamps. It takes some time to figure out the yaml files to get the bridge working with each game or it errors.  Its not the p-roc that is erroring, its not the python code thats erroring its the translation since it doesn't know what to do so it crashes.

CCC is easy to setup if you run the installer that basically does everything for you or run the batch routines manually if one of them is erroring out. Now the other p-roc translated games are harder to setup because there is not installer, so you have add entries to the yaml files and set it up precisely or it crashes. I have CCC, evil dead, jaws, gremlins, knight rider and others working just fine. It takes work and I needed help from chepas to be honest but its nice to play those other games too.

For now, watch the video referenced to install CCC, its not hard. You'll get it and maybe you'll be bit by the p-roc bug too!

Just now, luvthatapex said:

Wrong. p-roc is awesome. Its a boardset that is used by the following games and is growing - cactus canyon continued, houdini, oktoberfest, hot wheels, alice cooper nightmare castle, rick and morty, legends of valhalla, wrath of olympics, and several more. The thing that sucks is getting the vpinball bridge to run the python code from visual basic. You have to understand the vpinball table is running visual basic and the bridge makes the python code run in its native format with translations to the switiches/solenoids and lamps. It takes some time to figure out the yaml files to get the bridge working with each game or it errors.  Its not the p-roc that is erroring, its not the python code thats erroring its the translation since it doesn't know what to do so it crashes.

CCC is easy to setup if you run the installer that basically does everything for you or run the batch routines manually if one of them is erroring out. Now the other p-roc translated games are harder to setup because there is not installer, so you have add entries to the yaml files and set it up precisely or it crashes. I have CCC, evil dead, jaws, gremlins, knight rider and others working just fine. It takes work and I needed help from chepas to be honest but its nice to play those other games too.

For now, watch the video referenced to install CCC, its not hard. You'll get it and maybe you'll be bit by the p-roc bug too!

ive gotten all of the proc games to run but not ccc

3 minutes ago, JoshMatt38 said:

ive gotten all of the proc games to run but not ccc

ok, then try this. 

in your vp_game_map.yaml you should see a cc_13 entry (for CCC).

here is mine.

cc_13:
  path: /../games/cactuscanyon
  kls: game.CCGame
  yaml: /../games/cactuscanyon/config/cc_machine.yaml

This corresponds to my c drive. p-roc is installed at c:\p-roc

vp_game_map.yaml is at c:\p-roc\shared

CCC source code is at C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon

make sure CCC vp table is in the same folder as your other p-roc tables.

forget the table for now. try to run the gamecode like this from dos from the cactuscanyon folder:

python Game.py

what do you get? You should see the game running on the display. 

once you get this far you should be able to get the table running too.