[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

Short question regarding Cactus Canyon Continued and appropriate behaviour of b2s.

The table is running fine with P-ROC=1 in the script and is excellent!
DMD in colour and at right position on screen 3.
b2s is showing at screen 2 and has correct size, but the DMD grill is visible.

I have tried to turn it off (Right-click on b2s and choose Hidden + Save + restart VPX), but the DMD grill pops up every time I start the table.

If I try PROC=0 in the script, then the grill does not show.

I have a hunch that P-ROC tells the b2s to start in a specific manner with the grill visible, regardless of what I have told the b2s to save.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Content Provider

I don’t know how P-Roc has anything to do with the B2S grill. I setup separate tables for CCC and CC running the standard Williams game code and VPinMAME. For CCC, I use a CCC B2S file:

And I use the script in @Thalamus repo:

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Cactus Canyon (Bally 1998) TTNZ v2.0.vbs

I hope I installed everything correctly, but obviously something went wrong. 
When I start CCC the b2s shows a grill and the Visibility settings as in the first picture.
Capture.thumb.JPG.30e6743678a0071a7e3743ca250e31a8.JPG

I change each setting to "Hidden" and save

Capture2.thumb.JPG.5c0982fcf498522e86a1aef77a22af83.JPG

When I save, the file B2STableSettings.xml is changed to reflect what I chose, so this part works OK

Capture4.thumb.JPG.b71136c480249aa408db0e8d1c54adbf.JPG

The problem is that this file is not used when I restart the table...

If I look into the log I see that S11 is ... False,  Perhaps this has something to do with the b2s not reflecting the saved changes.

Capture5.thumb.JPG.c1c1e3a741b4c7d71fceab1c6e976616.JPG

Any ideas before I re-install everything?

This is my log and everything works fine

2019-12-20 12:22:24,125 - game.config - WARNING - pyprocgame configuration not found at ./config.yaml. Checking C:\Users\Bruce/.pyprocgame/config.yaml.
2019-12-20 12:22:24,125 - game.config - INFO - pyprocgame configuration found at C:\Users\Bruce/.pyprocgame/config.yaml
2019-12-20 12:22:24,137 - vpcom - INFO - S11 is ...False
2019-12-20 12:22:24,144 - game.config - INFO - pyprocgame configuration found at ./config.yaml
2019-12-20 12:22:24,151 - game.config - INFO - pyprocgame configuration found at ./config.yaml
2019-12-20 12:22:24,342 - game.sound - INFO - Initializing sound...
2019-12-20 12:22:24,391 - game - INFO - Loading machine configuration from "cc_machine.yaml"...
2019-12-20 12:22:24,519 - game - INFO - Programming switch rules...
2019-12-20 12:22:24,782 - game - INFO - Programming flipper flipperLwR
2019-12-20 12:22:24,782 - game - INFO - Enabling WPC style flipper
2019-12-20 12:22:24,782 - game - INFO - Programming flipper flipperLwL
2019-12-20 12:22:24,782 - game - INFO - Enabling WPC style flipper
2019-12-20 12:22:27,775 - game - INFO - GameName: cc_13
2019-12-20 12:22:27,775 - game - INFO - SplashInfoLine: Cactus Canyon - Midway/Williams 1998

• Content Provider

UPDATE:  I ordered a $7 HDMI Display Emulator and will try the mirror method.  I will set up the DMD on the fake display using the emulator and then mirror that to my Pin2DMD.  The display emulator should be here tomorrow, but it will be Christmas Eve.  Not sure that I will get any time to do anything until Friday of this week as we will be out of town until then.  I just need to figure out how to set up the mirror, launch the game, and turn off the mirror when exiting back to PinUp Popper.  Time for more research...

ORIGINAL POST:

Late to the game, but got this installed and working (mostly).  Stuck with the DMD showing behind my playfield issue that others talked about. 

I have 2 monitors and a Pin2DMD in my setup.  I saw other posts like copying settings into the config.yaml file, but don't see where those settings are inside that file to change, etc.  Sorry, for some of you this probably is super easy.  

Is that the method I should use, or should I be trying to mirror, or should I be following these steps:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pin2dmd-with-ccc-proc-vpx-how-i-got-it-working-in-pbx-2/#post-77094

I'm guessing the latter, but need to read through all of that yet as it has a Pinball X component to it and I am running PinUpp Popper.  This is a pretty cool game.  Just getting the kinks worked out.  Thanks all.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, outhere said:

As of last week - It would appear that this file Install CCC.bat no longer finds the files it needs to download

Yeah I just tried loading that yesterday and it cant download the need files so game is dead till you can get them files. ( you end up with error Cant find PROC)

• Content Provider
On 3/31/2019 at 4:18 PM, outhere said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UP-Date as of 12/29/2019
If you are using a Pin2DMD go here
and start with this post and Read down
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2801-cactus-canyon-continued/?do=findComment&comment=46069
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For virtual DMD How to change DMD location / Size
In --->   C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\config
At the bottom of this file  -->  UserSettings.yaml
Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 0, Color Display Y Offset: 0,

YES!!  Thank you for getting this working.  I just (finally) set up CCC just a couple of days ago and was going to go the route of mirroring to my Pin2DMD and using a fake display "emulator" to push the virtual DMD on to that gets mirrored to the Pin2DMD.  Now this comes out very timely and works great...  Plus it gave me a good reason to finally update my Pin2DMD firmware from 2.58 to 3.05!

Thanks again.

• Content Provider
23 hours ago, outhere said:

As of last week - It would appear that this file Install CCC.bat no longer finds the files it needs to download

I had to get the files from someone else online and then manually walked through the .bat file to do the install...  It worked, but without someone sharing those files, it would be a no-go...  Manually copying the links into a browser yielded 404 page not found errors.

• Administrators
On 12/25/2019 at 5:46 PM, luvthatapex said:

You control the DMD posiiton in the service menu settings. When you run the CCC press #7 to get into setup and there is an X and Y coordinate setting to move the dmd around.

I must be blind lol I dont see it in the menu..

• Content Provider
On 12/31/2019 at 1:15 AM, nickbuol said:

I had to get the files from someone else online and then manually walked through the .bat file to do the install...  It worked, but without someone sharing those files, it would be a no-go...  Manually copying the links into a browser yielded 404 page not found errors.

Glad you were able to acquire the code and assets in some way. But I just tested all of the links in the Install CCC.bat file, and I'm able to reach everything. I can't reproduce your issue.

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Glad you were able to acquire the code and assets in some way. But I just tested all of the links in the Install CCC.bat file, and I'm able to reach everything. I can't reproduce your issue.

Maybe the file hosting site was down when I tried it originally a few days ago and it was a short-lived outage (over the course of a few hours, but back online now)...

Glad that it seems to be working for everyone now again.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, outhere said:

Anyone ever have the problem with the train not showing up
I no longer have the train, It's just gone
I tried the exe from visual pinball 10.5 / 10.4 same results
In the script if I turn off P-Roc, I have the train..

See if Move Your Train Mode is enabled in user_settings.yaml

On 1/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, outhere said:

Wow thats weird. Looks like a problem with the table you are running (not the p-roc code).
I am running Cactus Canyon Continued _TTNZ  v2.0 with the VPX 10.6. Is this the version of table and VPX you are running?

That would be too easy but I should have posted a video to begin with it's partially there then disappears

9 hours ago, outhere said:

Cactus Canyon Continued TTNZ v2.0 with the VPX 10.6. <-- Yes

It used to work fine and then one day I tried the game and that's what it did

I re-downloaded the game And tried a few other things but no luck

Try this. In the Cactus Canyon Continued TTNZ v2.0 table open the script and uncomment the optReset. then relaunch it and select options.

'optReset = 1  'Uncomment to reset to default options in case of error or keep all changes temporary. When done recomment again!