[New VP10 Alert] SpongeBob's Bikini Bottom Pinball VPW

SpongeBob's Bikini Bottom Pinball VPW

We are ugly and we are proud.

Introducing VPW's latest creation, SpongeBob's Bikini Bottom Pinball by the original table author, Skillshot! Dive into the deep sea fun with your favorite sponge and friends in this exciting new table. Immerse yourself in Bikini Bottom's quirky world with innovative gameplay and stunning graphics. Get ready for a pinball adventure like no other!

Gedank hit up Astro and was like, "Hey update this playfield."  Astro was like "Aight."  Then Gedank demanded, "Apophis, do some random script stuff" and Apophis said, "Flux haallp!" Flux said (British accent), "With pleasure." Then they all begged Rawd to build an awesome VR room and Rawd was like, "It shall be done." And it was. It was working great then they thought, "This table needs a better DMD"… TWELVE EONS LATER … Oqqsan comes out of the shadows and DROPPED THE F&%KING HAMMER on the code!!!--like he always does. Then other people (Friscopinball, Leojreimroc, MrGrynch, Sixtoe) did some awesome stuff and then they all released it to everyone else.  Enjoy!

Original author: Skillshot
Modded from JPSalas' AFM
Blender work: Gedankekojote
2d art: Astronasty
Coding: Oqqsan
Vr room: Rawd
Whatever flux did: Flux
Sound update: Friscopinball
Audio fixes: MrGrynch
Backglass stuff: Leojreimroc, Remdwaas
Apophis did lots of random essential stuff
Sixtoe did some stuff too and wanted everyone to know.

PinStratsDan made the game harder
Testing: VPW jellyfish
Special thanks to Niwak.

NOTE: Update your DOF config to use new DOF enhancements provided in version 2.1

REQUIRED! VPX 10.8 beta 5 or later, FlexDMD 1.9, Freezy external DMD 2.0 or later, Instrument Mayonnaise

Tip to prevent progressive stuttering: Locate flexdmd.log.config and in a text editor change minlevel="info" to minlevel="error"

It appears this table doesn't close FlexDMD on exit. Also I think it defaults to Do or Die instead of 3-ball play. :P

Edit: False alarm on Do or Die. I was just holding start too long lol.

Edited by Arelyel

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, Arelyel said:

It appears this table doesn't close FlexDMD on exit. Also I think it defaults to Do or Die instead of 3-ball play. :P

Edit: False alarm on Do or Die. I was just holding start too long lol.

There's a bug with the GL version not closing the FlexDMD, but it works fine with DX.

15 minutes ago, Wylte said:

There's a bug with the GL version not closing the FlexDMD, but it works fine with DX.

Got it. I had no idea; I thought close for FlexDMD had to be explicitly called on exit.

Getting this error and table not starting. I have the latest versions of all required and re installed to vpinmeme folder just now to double check. Thanks.

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9086
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Visual Pinball\VPX Tables\SpongebobDM

Edited by GordonJames

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, GordonJames said:

Getting this error and table not starting. I have the latest versions of all required and re installed to vpinmeme folder just now to double check. Thanks.

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9086
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Visual Pinball\VPX Tables\SpongebobDM

You placed the SpongebobDMD folder in your "VPX Tables" folder alongside the table?

Anyone having trouble with DOF Lighting on this table? 

I've downloaded and copied the latest config and table mappings from the DofConfigTool but I get no DOF output for addressable LEDs. 

All my other tables and popper work fine and VPX/VPinMame/Directoutputframework are all up todate (x86 & x64)

Beautiful table by the way.

Edited by Layby2k

9 hours ago, Wylte said:

You placed the SpongebobDMD folder in your "VPX Tables" folder alongside the table?

I could have sworn I moved it over. I guess i didn't and i deleted it. Weird. Downloaded the table again and pasted it. Thanks for the quick diagnostic. Now I have this error showing up on table start up. Any idea what's wrong here?

B2S Backglass Server

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm in desktop mode and don't use backglasses. I placed a backglass file properly named along side the table file. No go. Still getting this error. If anyone can give me a hand with this i would appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by GordonJames

33 minutes ago, Layby2k said:

Anyone having trouble with DOF Lighting on this table? 

I've downloaded and copied the latest config and table mappings from the DofConfigTool but I get no DOF output for addressable LEDs. 

All my other tables and popper work fine and VPX/VPinMame/Directoutputframework are all up todate (x86 & x64)

Beautiful table by the way.

You check the DOF website to make sure there's lighting set up for this Game

Just now, outhere said:

You check the DOF website to make sure there's lighting set up for this Game

I just had a look and it appears that it hasn't been done yet.  Only bumpers have codes. 

Thanks for the tip, glad it's not my cab.

Apologies if I missed this, but is Scorbit working in the table?  When I enable it I get a message about some files not found in the tables folder sToken.exe and sQRCode.exe), but I don't think that I've ever had any special Scorbit files in that folder and other tables like Iron Maiden work.

Actually, I found those two files in some PUP folders.  I copied them into the Tables folder and that seems to have resolved those errors and it now shows "Paired", but I can't seem to find the table in Scorbit?

Thanks.

Edited by liebowa

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, SmedleyB said:

How do you reset the in-game menu settings so I can get the Scorbit QR code to show up again? Even if you turn Scorbit off, it still stays active after restarting and after reinstalling the .vpx file, too.

You should be able to scan the QR in the spongeqr folder (inside tables) and claim from there

18 hours ago, Layby2k said:

I just had a look and it appears that it hasn't been done yet.  Only bumpers have codes. 

Thanks for the tip, glad it's not my cab.

came in here to look for something like this (no  DOF lighting at all except for coin and exit) - and I'm glad I'm also not going crazy !  

3 hours ago, Wylte said:

You should be able to scan the QR in the spongeqr folder (inside tables) and claim from there

I scan it and Scorbit says this machine already paired. I really screwed myself here.

Edited by SmedleyB

Hi there!

Here some issues I encounter last night with the game in VR,

• DOF (flipper solenoids/slingshots) wasnt working out of the box in VR, I had to update de script manually to activate 
    • added "startcontroller" in the  Table1_Init function ~ ln 579
    • changed vrroom < 1 for vrroom > 0 in startcontroller ~ ln 117
    • LAUNCH button should kick my solenoid, it may be a DOF config issue .. I'll check this one in my settings.
  • In some games, after a while, the slingshots stopped working. They dont reacted to the ball hitting them anymore. I had to restart the table to fix it.
  • Missing ball or erronous table state .
    • I enter a 2 ball multiball, then a third ball was added to the mix.
    • After a while, my flippers stopped working (sounded normal by the music/callout) and some balls are drained.
    • After that, my multiple ball continue with 2 ball.
    • As soon as I lose my 2 remaining balls, the table continue to act like there is still a ball in the game. 
  • The START and LAUNCH buttons feels laggy between games, I have to hit them multiple times before the game actually execute it.
    • It would be nice if they could be more reactive. 
  • The light seems to flash/fade a bit globally sometime.. I dont know how to describe it. 
hardware used:
HP Reverb G2
SteamVR
NVIDIA 3090
i7 (7th gen)

That's it for today. :)

I must admit I really enjoyed playing this game, it has everything to be a success. 

thank you 

I updated my FlexDMD config file to change "info" to "error", also tried "warn", but in both cases I am getting progressive stutter.  My first game is a consistent 120fps and is glorious.  If I leave the table running and come back a few minutes later, with the ball sitting in the trough the fps is ~100fps, so a 20fps drop without anything even going on on the screen.  Can you think of any other potential cause for this issue?  I only experience it with FlexDMD tables, but I searched my entire PC in case I somehow had two installations of FlexDMD and I do not.  Only the one config file on my machine.  I am running the "good" 1.9 version linked in the comment threads of this file as well.  VPX 10.8 latest beta, same thing happens in GL version when I try that. 

If not, no worries, I'll just restart VPX after each game of Spongebob and Game of Thrones so I can avoid this slowdown. 

44 minutes ago, enathanson said:

I updated my FlexDMD config file to change "info" to "error", also tried "warn", but in both cases I am getting progressive stutter.  My first game is a consistent 120fps and is glorious.  If I leave the table running and come back a few minutes later, with the ball sitting in the trough the fps is ~100fps, so a 20fps drop without anything even going on on the screen.  Can you think of any other potential cause for this issue?  I only experience it with FlexDMD tables, but I searched my entire PC in case I somehow had two installations of FlexDMD and I do not.  Only the one config file on my machine.  I am running the "good" 1.9 version linked in the comment threads of this file as well.  VPX 10.8 latest beta, same thing happens in GL version when I try that. 

If not, no worries, I'll just restart VPX after each game of Spongebob and Game of Thrones so I can avoid this slowdown. 

Try deleting the Cache folder in \users\(name)\appdata\roaming\VPinballX

20 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Try deleting the Cache folder in \users\(name)\appdata\roaming\VPinballX

First off, thank you very much for promptly addressing my question!

This is all I see there, no cache folder at all...

Capture.PNG

Edited by enathanson

32 minutes ago, enathanson said:

First off, thank you very much for promptly addressing my question!

This is all I see there, no cache folder at all...

Capture.PNG

well that's not good. It should generate a cache folder after deleting. If you never had it then you must be on an older version of vpx 10.8. Current beta is 1622.