[New VP10 Alert] SpongeBob's Bikini Bottom Pinball VPW

2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

well that's not good. It should generate a cache folder after deleting. If you never had it then you must be on an older version of vpx 10.8. Current beta is 1622.

This was news to me, but with some googling I found the 1622 release and tested it out just now.  Same results - first few minutes are flawless, then it gets progressively worse.  After 15 min the avg fps drops from a steady 120 to around 110-115, and if I leave it running for 30-40 minutes it's down below 50fps.  Do you have any recommendation as to where I can check to see what's going on here?  One thing I noticed is in my VPINMAME folder there is a PUPLOG.txt file which is updated whenever I play this table, and below is what it shows.  Could this be related?

20231020 17:28:39 Open called
20231020 17:28:39 Set Game Name thread spongebob
20231020 17:28:39 Start Thread Matching
20231020 17:28:39 create PuPCap
20231020 17:28:39 Init Game name:spongebob
20231020 17:28:39 No PuPCapture found:  nothing to do

7 minutes ago, enathanson said:

This was news to me, but with some googling I found the 1622 release and tested it out just now.  Same results - first few minutes are flawless, then it gets progressively worse.  After 15 min the avg fps drops from a steady 120 to around 110-115, and if I leave it running for 30-40 minutes it's down below 50fps.  Do you have any recommendation as to where I can check to see what's going on here?  One thing I noticed is in my VPINMAME folder there is a PUPLOG.txt file which is updated whenever I play this table, and below is what it shows.  Could this be related?

20231020 17:28:39 Open called
20231020 17:28:39 Set Game Name thread spongebob
20231020 17:28:39 Start Thread Matching
20231020 17:28:39 create PuPCap
20231020 17:28:39 Init Game name:spongebob
20231020 17:28:39 No PuPCapture found:  nothing to do

No the pup  stuff doesn't matter since it finds nothing to run. Sorry I can't imagine whats happening thats slowing it down over time. Strange indeed

22 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

No the pup  stuff doesn't matter since it finds nothing to run. Sorry I can't imagine whats happening thats slowing it down over time. Strange indeed

Ok well thank you very much for looking into it. I'll keep fiddling and see if I can resolve it on my own. Have a good one!

14 hours ago, enathanson said:

Ok well thank you very much for looking into it. I'll keep fiddling and see if I can resolve it on my own. Have a good one!

I did have a problem with worsening ball stutter.  Turning off "show reflections" in VPX seemed to solve it for now.

Maybe this has already been addressed but I can't find the setting in the code. Is there any way I can disable multiplayer? I somehow have my nudging joystick tied to adding players but it's weirdly sensitive with this game. I just want to play single player. Absolutely PHENOMAL otherwise though. You guys seriously continuously set the standard for virtual pinball. This one might be the most realistic yet and it isn't even a real machine!!

Hi folks,

I have this message:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9140
Das Objekt unterstützt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht.: 'scene1.Clip'

All programms are updated and all other tables work fine.

I don´t know whtat to do and i hope you know what I mean.

best greetings

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, alonso2906 said:

Hi folks,

I have this message:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9140
Das Objekt unterstützt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht.: 'scene1.Clip'

All programms are updated and all other tables work fine.

I don´t know whtat to do and i hope you know what I mean.

best greetings

yes, of course. I did. But in den Folder ist no scene1.

grafik.png.8eeff965b21d6d016def5ba1700c60e8.png

I read the trouble shooting before starting me question.

Please excuse my english. It is not so good.

I use VPX 8 64bit Version 1347. Is there maybe a newer one?

Edited by alonso2906

13 minutes ago, alonso2906 said:

yes, of course. I did. But in den Folder ist no scene1.

grafik.png.8eeff965b21d6d016def5ba1700c60e8.png

I read the trouble shooting before starting me question.

Please excuse my english. It is not so good.

I use VPX 8 64bit Version 1347. Is there maybe a newer one?

make certain you have installed the release version of flexdmd 1.9.0 from here;

https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd/releases/download/1.9.0/FlexDMD.zip

Unzip to vpinmame folder, allow overwrite. run flexdmdui.exe, make sure all green check marks and click register if not already registered

Edited by Cliffy

On 10/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, Cliffy said:

make certain you have installed the release version of flexdmd 1.9.0 from here;

https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd/releases/download/1.9.0/FlexDMD.zip

Unzip to vpinmame folder, allow overwrite. run flexdmdui.exe, make sure all green check marks and click register if not already registered

Now it works, thank you very much!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the sounds, which I suspect is exclusive to me, but figured I'd ask anyway... For some reason, sounds that should be triggered through the backglass are still coming through my table speakers (e.g. the intro song).   I have two speakers in my backglass and 2 speakers + bass shaker in my cab.  

I've messed around with the Sound and Audio options and I can't find anything that resolves the problem.  I've had this issue on one other table Scooby Doo, which I've also been unable to resolve, but all other tables on my setup correctly route the sound between backglass and table. If anyone has any thoughts on how to resolve, I'd be eternally grateful.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Spongebob Bikini Bottom the other day. Everything seems to be fine except flippers do not move. They hit the ball but are stationery on playfield. Any help would be appreciated. This the first table I have installed so very new to Virtual pinball. Installed the newest Baller Installer November version. Flippers work fine with The Leprechaun King  table. 

Edited by RusteP

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, RusteP said:

Installed Spongebob Bikini Bottom the other day. Everything seems to be fine except flippers do not move. They hit the ball but are stationery on playfield. Any help would be appreciated. This the first table I have installed so very new to Virtual pinball. Installed the newest Baller Installer November version. Flippers work fine with The Leprechaun King  table. 

Sounds like you're launching the table with 10.7.4 and not the 10.8 beta.  I haven't looked at how the new Baller sets everything up, but you'll probably need to set 10.8 as an alternate emulator to launch SpongeBob.

@Wylte That worked, thank you so much. I have new problem now. After upgrade to 10.8 table works but now shows rotated 90 degrees. Displays like it is a full cabinet in Spongebob's pineapple instead off just the playfield,  disregard, I figured it out but thank you again for your support earlier. 

Edited by RusteP

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Have an issue I can't quite put my finger on as its never happened before. I upgraded to 10.8. beta 7 opened the table and now my playfield isn't displaying. Also tested Johnny Mnemonic and same issue. 

10.7 4 64 bit displays fine, but I can't play on that, I've also tried 10.8 beta 5 as well. no dice on the playfield. Since I only upgraded to play your awesome tables, I was hoping you might have an idea of what's happening and why I'm an idiot for not noticing.

Thanks,

G. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cant get the QR code to show on the backglass on 2nd screen, I have Dim ScorbitActive : ScorbitActive = 1

I had no issues with Darkest Dungeon  or Aerosmith QR but Spongebob QR isn't showing

Edited by Anacros

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2024 at 10:57 AM, Anacros said:

Cant get the QR code to show on the backglass on 2nd screen, I have Dim ScorbitActive : ScorbitActive = 1

I had no issues with Darkest Dungeon  or Aerosmith QR but Spongebob QR isn't showing

Same problem here. Did you figure it out?

EDIT: You need to install Blood Machines to get the required exe files for it to work. In Spongebob, turn on Scorbit by using Magnasave menu.

Edited by vpdash