[New VP10 Alert] RollerCoaster Tycoon (Stern 2002) VPW

RollerCoaster Tycoon (Stern 2002) VPW

The park is now open!

Feast your eyes on this marvel of a table. After modding older version of this table Gedankekojote97 finally decided to buy the real machine, and then he meticulously 3D modeled and recreated this table from scratch. Apophis brought it to life by scripting together the lighting and mechanisms. And Rawd developed another totally immersive VR environment for us all to enjoy.  Do you have what it takes to be a Tycoon?

VPW TYCOONS
Gedankekojote97 - Scratch table build, 3D modeling and rendering, Sound effects, Rollercoaster operator
Apophis - Scripting, physics, Ride mechanic and janitor
Rawd - VR Room and scripting, Cotton candy and funnel cake maker 
Testing - bietekwiet, Eighties8, Benji, JLou, PinStratsDan, Studlygoorite, DGrimmReaper, AstroNasty, TastyWasps, iDigStuff, HauntFreaks, Wylte, ClarkKent, VPW Team

Just a quick comment about the table audio. I'm currently at the limit of mech volume and rom volume adjustments and the music is still kinda low. I've got the mech sounds at 10 in the pop up menu, one notch above mute and I have the music/sound effects volume when pressing 9 cranked to the point i should be hearing clipping/crackling in those rom sounds like i do on other tables at that level. The rom sounds could be a little louder but i have zero play at this point to increase the volume while keeping the sounds of the flippers from hurting my ears. Everything else is peachy.

• Content Provider

Super cool in VR!  but I can't get the ultra minimal room to load.  The Roller Coaster room loads regardless wheter I change VR Room Choice to 2 or 0 in the script.  I also tried changing the VR Room in headset but no luck there either.  I'm running 10.8 64 bit v1434

• Content Provider
39 minutes ago, classicradios said:

Super cool in VR!  but I can't get the ultra minimal room to load.  The Roller Coaster room loads regardless wheter I change VR Room Choice to 2 or 0 in the script.  I also tried changing the VR Room in headset but no luck there either.  I'm running 10.8 64 bit v1434

Clarifying for support: in headset = with the in-game menu?

Merci pour votre travail mais j ai le même souci que police force quand je lance la table elle reste bloqué au chargement sur script !!! 

tout le reste de mes tables fonctionnent sauf les 2 la. d autres personnes ont le même souci si vous avez une solution je suis preneur 

merci d avance 

• Content Provider
5 minutes ago, roukmoot said:

Merci pour votre travail mais j ai le même souci que police force quand je lance la table elle reste bloqué au chargement sur script !!! 

tout le reste de mes tables fonctionnent sauf les 2 la. d autres personnes ont le même souci si vous avez une solution je suis preneur 

merci d avance 

These two tables (and Godzilla) use 8k nestmaps (textures packed together for efficiency) so make sure you're using x64 programs and the latest 10.8 beta.

Edited by Wylte

• Content Provider

SOLVED:

I lowered my Elements Detail Level to the left by three and started the game. It booted up, then quit out, and put my Detail Level to Max and now it works perfectly. 

I've had to do this with Last Action Hero as well. Very odd, but this trick works. 

Hello. I’m using the latest 10.8 and 64 bit . All tables including Godzilla and Johnny work fine. But getting this issue when trying to load the game. Any thoughts? 

IMG_7933.jpeg

Edited by kapterb

10 hours ago, roukmoot said:

merci d avance 

J’ai le soucis je peu t’expliquer en pm . Pour faire simple le soucis n’est pas niveau de la table mais vpinmame 64 qui a quelques soucis si tu as un altsound 2/3 . 

On 9/22/2023 at 9:53 AM, GordonJames said:

Just a quick comment about the table audio. I'm currently at the limit of mech volume and rom volume adjustments and the music is still kinda low.

That's my experience too. This is the only game I cannot make loud enough to fully enjoy.

1 hour ago, DanLShane said:

That's my experience too. This is the only game I cannot make loud enough to fully enjoy.

I took a look at several recorded games of this table people have posted on youtube and the music on their captures sounds much the same. I guess the table needs some rom audio level adjustment by someone who knows how to do that. If anyone can give a simple set of instructions please feel free to post them.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, GordonJames said:

I took a look at several recorded games of this table people have posted on youtube and the music on their captures sounds much the same. I guess the table needs some rom audio level adjustment by someone who knows how to do that. If anyone can give a simple set of instructions please feel free to post them.

@DanLShane @Jewer the background music really is low on this one, blame Stern lol.  Also, an additional thing to note is that feature adjustment 34 BKGRND (BACKGROUND) MUSIC VOLUME is maxed at setting 1 (default) and off at 15.  Dunno why they did it that way.

9 minutes ago, Wylte said:

@DanLShane @Jewer the background music really is low on this one, blame Stern lol.  Also, an additional thing to note is that feature adjustment 34 BKGRND (BACKGROUND) MUSIC VOLUME is maxed at setting 1 (default) and off at 15.  Dunno why they did it that way.

I wasn't blaming anyone here, and yes i noticed that as well when i went into the service menu to change it. Music is muted the higher you set the volume. Bassakwards. So If anyone knows how to change that please let us know.

12 minutes ago, Wylte said:

THAT WAS IT!

Thank you so much - it was really driving me crazy. Music Volume was set to 15, therefor off.

On 9/22/2023 at 4:29 PM, kapterb said:

Hello. I’m using the latest 10.8 and 64 bit . All tables including Godzilla and Johnny work fine. But getting this issue when trying to load the game. Any thoughts? 

IMG_7933.jpeg

getting the same error..    not sure why.

thanks that worked.

played it... then all the sudden the ball went missing lol,.  and  it did some kind of test,   counting down from 10 to 0 and moving the flippers,   and on the dmd  screen an error code, to contact the engineers.

tried playing another game, but never got a ball...  so     the ball is MIA  lol  

• Content Provider
On 9/24/2023 at 11:39 PM, Bla1ze said:

Set your Max Texture Dimensions lower. Say.. 3072.

I lowered my Elements Detail Level to the left by three and started the game. It booted up, then quit out, and put my Detail Level to Max and now it works perfectly. 

I've had to do this with Last Action Hero as well. Very odd, but this trick works. 

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, kapterb said:

Maybe this has more to do with texture caching, exiting and loading the table multiple times.

• Content Provider
On 9/22/2023 at 12:50 PM, classicradios said:

Yes with the in game menu.  VR room is selected but flipper to select doesn't change the "Roller Coaster Room" .

**SOLVED**

Works correctly if using Shift keys on a keyboard to select and change.   Flippers on my cab are set to L-R shift in vpx settings but button assignments are not default but set to button 1 and button 3, Perhaps that was the issue.

Edited by classicradios

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to VPX 10.8 and VpinMAME 3.6 to start using these tables. I started with this table. I can't get it to launch from VPX directly. It'll render the table, but when I try and launch it VPX crashes. 

Any suggestions?

• 5 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 9:56 AM, Jewer said:

THAT WAS IT!

Thank you so much - it was really driving me crazy. Music Volume was set to 15, therefor off.

can you explain how to increase the volume to me sorry for being a noobie! I turned it up by pressing the 8 button and increasing it but the music is still lower then some other tables. Is there another way to increase it also??