[New VP10 Alert] Johnny Mnemonic (Williams 1995)

Johnny Mnemonic (Williams 1995)

"The Ultimate Hard (Pinball Machine) Drive"

The latest in Sixtoe's "lets build the hardest machines in pinball", VPW are proud to present Johnny Mnemonic by Williams!

This was started way back in April 2021 because, like Iron Man, there wasn't an accurate version available, with the only available version being an old vp9 conversion. Sixtoe prefers to work on tables which don't have a "modern" version, so the process began to build from the ground up using all new assets.

It was finished to a certain point quite a while ago but we decided to wait for VPX and Niwaks toolkit project to catch up before going for another big render job, so it's sat there for about a year waiting, but now everything has caught up so here it is!
Like Iron Man, this is known as being an incredibly fast, brutal and unforgiving machine, don't expect many long games!

VPW Hackers

==========

Sixtoe - Table-side full scratch build and scripting, VR Room - Dolphin Wrangler.
Tomate - Graphics modeling and rendering - 3D Street Preacher.
Apophis - Toolkit script-side integration, miscellanious script magic, ramp refraction probes - Neuromancer.
Iaakki - Glove, Matrix and Diverter - Handy Man.
Flux - Various Tweaks and assistance - LoTek Support.

Niwak - Blender Toolkit.

EBisLit - Playfield images.
Clark Kent - Plastic scans.
Baldgeek - Buying JM Glove.
Dazz - 3D Scanning JM Glove.
Leojreimroc - VR Backglass.
Scampa123 & RobbyKingPin - Tweaks.
Testing - PinStratsDan, Lumi, Tastywasps, Luk, BountyBob, bietekwiet, Clark Kent, CalleV, jsm174 - VPW Yakuza

Toxie - VPX and pushing out the newest 10.8 as a beta so we could release.

This uses a heavily modified version of DJRobX's glove and matrix code from Alessio/DJRobX/Ninnuzzu's version.

THIS RELEASE NEEDS AT LEAST VPX 10.8 BETA 5 and VPinMAME 3.6

https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/tag/v10.8.0-1347-3d585e7

THIS RELEASE ALSO NEEDS VPinMAME 3.6 TO GET BEST RESULTS
https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases/tag/v3.6-369-102e419
 (it's recommended to get a newer build from github actions though)

Hello, can somebody help me?
Became VB script Error: Can't start Gamejm_12r Variable ist nicht definiert, and compile error: Line73 Variable ist nicht definiert: 'NoUpperRightFlipper'
I have the Rom jm_12r in my rom directory and all updated to VPinmame 3.6 an Visual Pinball 10.8. Don't no what is wrong.

Hi there, all.

Once again you guys have really done up a table in fine style!  I really love your JM version, it's about as photorealistic as you can get!

One minor thing, though - the Buy-In button stopped working, somehow a line got deleted, I think.  After looking at other older versions scripts that had working Buy-Ins,  I found the problem and fixed it!

Open the table in VPX8, edit the Script, and go down to line 220.  Open up a line and insert or paste the following line there:

If KeyCode = KeyFront Then Controller.Switch(23)=1            'Buy In Button

Then, recompile the script and save the table out.  Voila!  Buy-In works once again!

Mr.T

Amazing table!!

I noticed something and not sure if it's a table thing, a VPX thing, a VR thing, etc, because it's the first time I've noticed it but figured I'd post it here just in case it's useful for current and future table development:

the depth of art inside plastic seems to change with respect to your VR view. For example, If I look across the plastic along left side of table, you can see a diagonal cut (see between arrows) where the art inside the plastic seems to change depth. This diagonal cut will move based on how you move your VR headset relative to the plastic.

vpx_10_8_beta5_jm_1_0_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, congratulations on this amazing release!
However, I'm experiencing a problem with this table. When I load it directly through VPX, the B2S works perfectly. But when I use the PinballX frontend, the backglass simply doesn’t show up.
Do you have any idea what might be happening?