B2S Server 2.0 pre-release, Call for testers!

jarr3

6 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

No the ink is to the 2.0 versions. here is the x86 file link.

https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/suites/10956565777/artifacts/554593643

Now i see the screen res option at bottom.

Question could the save option at bottom be placed in same box as Backglass just incase a user wanted the backglass in bottom left corner which would hide the save option?

2 minutes ago, hauntfreaks said:

ok I see what its doing now, every B2S you make a change to, adds an entry to the default XML in the table root

correct/ ala the dmddevice.ini. Sooooooo...... make frequent backups :) I wondered how it work work for non rom games and it works fine. Here is Zelda's section (which, by the way is desperate for a fulldmd b2s, wink wink )

<zof10>
    <HideGrill>1</HideGrill>
    <HideB2SDMD>0</HideB2SDMD>
    <HideDMD>1</HideDMD>
    <LampsSkipFrames>1</LampsSkipFrames>
    <SolenoidsSkipFrames>3</SolenoidsSkipFrames>
    <GIStringsSkipFrames>3</GIStringsSkipFrames>
    <LEDsSkipFrames>0</LEDsSkipFrames>
    <UsedLEDType>2</UsedLEDType>
    <IsGlowBulbOn>0</IsGlowBulbOn>
    <GlowIndex>-1</GlowIndex>
    <StartAsEXE>1</StartAsEXE>
    <FormToFront>1</FormToFront>
    <FormToBack>0</FormToBack>
    <FormNoFocus>1</FormNoFocus>
    <Animations />
  </zof10>

5 minutes ago, DaCockyOne said:

Now i see the screen res option at bottom.

Question could the save option at bottom be placed in same box as Backglass just incase a user wanted the backglass in bottom left corner which would hide the save option?

It took a minute for me to figure out what you mean but I think you're talking about the screen res identifier. If so, each window can be resized and moved around, even the full screen main window. So, yes, you can set your backglass and dmd where you like and alt tab to the main window to click save or just grab a corner and move it to where you can see the save button

6 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

It took a minute for me to figure out what you mean but I think you're talking about the screen res identifier. If so, each window can be resized and moved around, even the full screen main window. So, yes, you can set your backglass and dmd where you like and alt tab to the main window to click save or just grab a corner and move it to where you can see the save button

When i right clicked on backglass and the menu opened it had no option at bottom to adjust screen res. Now the option is there

Edited by DaCockyOne

8 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Option is now there. Previously it was not

Capture1.PNG

48 minutes ago, hauntfreaks said:

ok I see what its doing now, every B2S you make a change to, adds an entry to the default XML in the table root

That was what I meant, but I did explain it clear enough ;)

Are you fine with how it is now? Then it is "just" a matter of document it so that it is understandable.

/Jarr3

23 minutes ago, jarr3 said:

Are you fine with how it is now? Then it is "just" a matter of document it so that it is understandable.

/Jarr3

I dunno about haunt but yes *I* am happy with it, thanks jarr!

1 hour ago, jarr3 said:

/Jarr3

I would say yes.... but is your default XML the same as my default XML?    because this didnt work until I used my modified default XML   
do you agree @Cliffy??

10 minutes ago, hauntfreaks said:

I would say yes.... but is your default XML the same as my default XML?    because this didnt work until I used my modified default XML   
do you agree @Cliffy??

100%. hauntfreaks generic b2stablesettings.xml placed in the root tables folder loaded Tommy and Krull backglasses whereas the one in there already did not. Please jarr3 include haunts xml or make b2s server generate exactly as his.

2 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

100%. hauntfreaks generic b2stablesettings.xml placed in the root tables folder loaded Tommy and Krull backglasses whereas the one in there already did not. Please jarr3 include haunts xml or make b2s server generate exactly as his.

Do you have an example of one not working??? Have never seen such a thing

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, which I admit. I am, at times.

Why would you need to have "dynamic" location for B2STableSettings ? Didn't this community learn enough of having Fuzzy matching default to on ?

Flexible isn't always the best choice !

18 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, which I admit. I am, at times.

Why would you need to have "dynamic" location for B2STableSettings ? Didn't this community learn enough of having Fuzzy matching default to on ?

Flexible isn't always the best choice !

Well, this is what a "B2S Server 2.0 pre-release, Call for testers!" thread is meant for, comment on changes...

Though I like to have ONE and only 1 B2STableSettings, whereas some like them everywhere.

And the Fuzzy matching is now defaulted to off for good!

8 hours ago, RichTX said:

What's the latest version of b2sserverplugininterface.dll please?

The version I have is version 1.0 dated 12/22/2016.

If there is a later version... could somebody point me to it?

Thanks and Best Regards!

Even though we build it with each release, nothing has happened there so it is still 1.0.0.0 but we have added the git hash for when it was built:

image.png.14ff450f9321cc0ecb47a93fc31e66db.png