B2S Server 2.0 pre-release, Call for testers!

jarr3

The change I made is that if the B2STableSettings.xml isn't found in the current directory where the table is stored (e.g. VPinball\Tables\TableName\B2STableSettings.xml), it will continue to search in the directory where the B2SServer is installed

(which can be the tables folder) If it finds one in the tables folder (B2S installation folder), that one will be used, rather than creating a new one in your new folder.

I made this change to simplify usage, because it is enough to have only one B2STableSettings.xml in the system, though the old way is still supported, if the file already exists or it cannot find one next to the B2S installation.

So if this right click menu, would allow you  to copy a B2STableSettings.xml template file as mentioned above to the folder.

Would that be ok?

14 hours ago, Cliffy said:

If it no longer gets created locally automatically we should have a "create local b2stablesettings.xml" added to the right click context menu.

It will be created locally, if it cannot find one next to the B2SServer.dll and exe. Do you need that one? If not, if you delete this one, everything should be as before?

/Jarr3

1 hour ago, hauntfreaks said:

@jarr3   2.0 is the first version that an XML is needed alongside the VPX, directb2s and res files
for me to use 2.0 in my cab would mean I would need to add the XML file to hundreds of table folders

No that shouldn't be like that.

My changes was meant in the other direction, that if a xml file is found locally that one is used, otherwise it will search next to the B2SServer.

Will have to check that and maybe revert these changes.

30 minutes ago, jarr3 said:

No that shouldn't be like that.

My changes was meant in the other direction, that if a xml file is found locally that one is used, otherwise it will search next to the B2SServer.

Will have to check that and maybe revert these changes.

Every version i open and i right click on backglass the menu pops up but the screen res option at bottom is missing

36 minutes ago, slydog43 said:

Does this version support comments in the screenres.txt file?  

Yes. I guess/hope the comments will improve, explaining each line to make it easier to use and understand. 😎
Back when I first brought my Backglass to life, I had to struggle with unknown numbers in lines, clueless, helpless, and lost. No one should ever experience that again. 😄

Edited by Retsamikit

9 hours ago, jarr3 said:

It will be created locally, if it cannot find one next to the B2SServer.dll and exe. Do you need that one? If not, if you delete this one, everything should be as before?

/Jarr3

It only creates one in the root Tables folder not a specific game folder. It does work though as-is so ignore my request. I think I need to go through all my game folders and delete the individual bs2tablesettings.xmls :) thanks for the clarification. 

9 hours ago, jarr3 said:

The change I made is that if the B2STableSettings.xml isn't found in the current directory where the table is stored (e.g. VPinball\Tables\TableName\B2STableSettings.xml), it will continue to search in the directory where the B2SServer is installed

(which can be the tables folder) If it finds one in the tables folder (B2S installation folder), that one will be used, rather than creating a new one in your new folder.

I made this change to simplify usage, because it is enough to have only one B2STableSettings.xml in the system, though the old way is still supported, if the file already exists or it cannot find one next to the B2S installation.

So if this right click menu, would allow you  to copy a B2STableSettings.xml template file as mentioned above to the folder.

Would that be ok?

That would be what I was asking for, yes. The reason is not all b2s glasses will load if the xml is only in the root Tables folder along with the dll. The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard (Data East 1994) VPWMod 1.0.vpx is the latest example. It simply would not load the glass unless the xml was in the game folder. However, I deleted my xml in the game folder just now and used @hauntfreaks generic b2stablesettings.xml to replace the one in the root Tables folder and Tommy then worked, albeit with a couple seconds delay

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

That would be what I was asking for, yes. The reason is not all b2s glasses will load if the xml is only in the root Tables folder along with the dll. The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard (Data East 1994) VPWMod 1.0.vpx is the latest example. It simply would not load the glass unless the xml was in the game folder. However, I deleted my xml in the game folder just now and used @hauntfreaks generic b2stablesettings.xml to replace the one in the root Tables folder and Tommy then worked, albeit with a couple seconds delay

ok, so your saying all we need now is the XML I made placed in the table root.... and and game folders wont each need to have an XML to have the b2s show??

Just now, hauntfreaks said:

ok, so your saying all we need now is the XML I made placed in the table root.... and and game folders wont each need to have an XML to have the b2s show??

Thats what I'm seeing haunt. When I ran Tommy a section was added ala dmddevice.ini for tomy_500.

<B2STableSettings>
  <ArePluginsOn>1</ArePluginsOn>
  <DefaultStartMode>2</DefaultStartMode>
  <DisableFuzzyMatching>0</DisableFuzzyMatching>
  <LogPath>
  </LogPath>
  <IsLampsStateLogOn>0</IsLampsStateLogOn>
  <IsSolenoidsStateLogOn>0</IsSolenoidsStateLogOn>
  <IsGIStringsStateLogOn>0</IsGIStringsStateLogOn>
  <IsLEDsStateLogOn>0</IsLEDsStateLogOn>
  <IsPaintingLogOn>0</IsPaintingLogOn>
  <IsStatisticsBackglassOn>0</IsStatisticsBackglassOn>